• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

WW-Wii U The Wind Waker HD :No Cut Dungeons; No Master Quest

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Guys, it's just an HD upgrade for the game. It's not supposed to be a complete redo of the whole thing that includes scrapped dungeons and such. It's main purpose was to be a distraction while we wait for Zelda U.

Honestly, I think that some of you just hyped up a remake more than you should have.

If this is true, then why is Nintendo calling it a remake? In case you didn't know, a the word remake implies a redo of the original.

Also, as I said back when this "remake" was announced, if Ninty wanted to, as they said, "tide us over until Zelda Wii U," why not give us an HD Collection with all the 3D games? Makes more sense than what they're doing.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
If this is true, then why is Nintendo calling it a remake? In case you didn't know, a the word remake implies a redo of the original.
Don't trust likely conclusions. Trust only the conclusion nam sayin'?

Also, as I said back when this "remake" was announced, if Ninty wanted to, as they said, "tide us over until Zelda Wii U," why not give us an HD Collection with all the 3D games? Makes more sense than what they're doing.

An HD collection as you're stating is nothing more than those cheapass remasters on the market. Nintendo isn't like that. They'll at least PRETEND to change something rather than flat out lie to us to get our money. I at least appreciate the effort they put into these past games, even if I dislike the hell out of them. But if they just released stupid ports? I'll be damned. I got emulation for that ya dig.

Lamentizer

Skeleton Of The Darkness
I wasn't surprised by the announcement. Okay, maybe a little about there being no Master Quest version. But I just had this feeling that they wouldn't do much to change the game. I would have wanted to have a MQ version of TWW, but you can easily do this by doing the three heart challenge in the game. Maybe, just maybe, in a very small chance, Nintendo will reconsider and add in a MQ version.

HylianHero

Gardener of Elysium
Guys, it's just an HD upgrade for the game. It's not supposed to be a complete redo of the whole thing that includes scrapped dungeons and such. It's main purpose was to be a distraction while we wait for Zelda U.

This is a really good point, and it reminds me of something I had quite forgotten until now. They did explicitly say that this game was to "tide us over" until Zelda Wii U. This makes me feel better.

ILU

i luv u
This is a really good point, and it reminds me of something I had quite forgotten until now. They did explicitly say that this game was to "tide us over" until Zelda Wii U. This makes me feel better.
wut he sed.

I can't be annoyed or even let down. Remember, they only stumbled on this art style by accident. There isn't really any need to change or add to TWW since it's already a very expansive game. I think it exists for the reason they said it did: to tide us over. And tide us over it will. Plus, many haven't played it before, and introducing people to TWW's artistic style might be a good way to pique their interest in A Link Between Worlds' artsy ability.

The Jade Fist

Kung Fu Master
wut he sed.

I can't be annoyed or even let down. Remember, they only stumbled on this art style by accident. There isn't really any need to change or add to TWW since it's already a very expansive game. I think it exists for the reason they said it did: to tide us over. And tide us over it will. Plus, many haven't played it before, and introducing people to TWW's artistic style might be a good way to pique their interest in A Link Between Worlds' artsy ability.
Many of us don't already have a Wii U, and this title won't sell the hardware that well, sure a few die hard fans might buy the WII U for this game, not quite enough to merit the console.
Super Mario 3d World might do it though, and Donkey Kong Country :Tropical Freeze

By the time that comes out i'll play Super Mario 3d land and DKC 3ds first, if I like them enough maybe i'll pick up the Wii U before rebuilding my computer.
And if I have the system I might pick it up.

But its not something thats going to grab at me, and I'm sure plenty of others feel the same way.

They don't need to be tiding people over they need to be selling consoles. More people own the latest Tomb Raider then Wii U's sold.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
An HD collection as you're stating is nothing more than those cheapass remasters on the market.

I fail to see how they're "cheap-***". They're essentially the same thing as game collections that aren't HD -- such as: Sonic Mega Collection, the Zelda Collector's Edition, Kirby's Dream Collection, so on and so forth. All of those featured improved resolutions. What's so different about old games being updated to modern resolutions in HD collections? What, just because it's HD, it's all of a sudden a cash-in? Bull****. Buuuuuullllllllllllsh**************t. That's outright ridiculous. HD Collections, as all game collections, are designed to be able to have the most popular games in a series all in one package. Updated resolutions are just a bonus.

Now, of course, there ARE some companies who use collections just to get a quick buck (*AHEM* Konami), but can you really accuse Nintendo of that? They haven't made very many collections and have only done so on proper occasions, so the answer to that is "no".

And, again, my entire point was that if their logic is to "tide us over", why give us one game when they can give us FIVE? Hell, maybe even six by throwing in A Link to the Past. It missed out on the Collector's Edition for whatever reason, after all.

The Jade Fist

Kung Fu Master
I fail to see how they're "cheap-***". They're essentially the same thing as game collections that aren't HD -- such as: Sonic Mega Collection, the Zelda Collector's Edition, Kirby's Dream Collection, so on and so forth. All of those featured improved resolutions. What's so different about old games being updated to modern resolutions in HD collections? What, just because it's HD, it's all of a sudden a cash-in? Bull****. Buuuuuullllllllllllsh**************t. That's outright ridiculous. HD Collections, as all game collections, are designed to be able to have the most popular games in a series all in one package. Updated resolutions are just a bonus.

Now, of course, there ARE some companies who use collections just to get a quick buck (*AHEM* Konami), but can you really accuse Nintendo of that? They haven't made very many collections and have only done so on proper occasions, so the answer to that is "no".

And, again, my entire point was that if their logic is to "tide us over", why give us one game when they can give us FIVE? Hell, maybe even six by throwing in A Link to the Past. It missed out on the Collector's Edition for whatever reason, after all.

HD collection pack with Zelda 1, Zelda 2, Alttp OoT, MM, and WW would have indeed been a worthy buy.

The Jade Fist

Kung Fu Master
Well those 2 were kinda new still, probably too soon for a remake. TP maybe is old enough, but to be included, while its still new on shelves at walmart, best buy and what not, idk. You can even still find some with the golden wii mote new.

edit: on that note

That would require you to have wii motion plus, the Wii U doesn't come with that does it?

snakeoiltanker

Wake Up!
I said as soon as WWHD was announced that it was premature in my opinion! the game still looks great in its original state, and considering they took things out of the game instead of adding to it just adds to the idea that it was premature, if its too soon for you to think of ways to make the game better.... its too soon for a remake. Just sayin!

That being said, i wont be getting a wii U to play it, nope, i probably wont get a wiiU till the new Zelda comes out! There is so much they could have done with the game that they didnt, sure it looks good, but not much better than it already was, they shot and "air ball" with the Tingle Bottles! I dont know guys, im sorry, but it was just to early to remake this game in the first place! thats the bottom line i feel!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom