• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

WW-Wii U The Wind Waker HD :No Cut Dungeons; No Master Quest

masterSword2

Smile!
I have to admit I am a bit disappointed that there won't be any new dungeons. I'm not all that surprised though. They should be investing all they can into Zelda U, and having to add lots of new content to TWWHD would take away from that, so it's probably for the best. I know I will still be getting it though, seeing as TWW is my favorite LoZ game.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
In terms of difficulty, there's only one thing I could ask for: remove friendly fire please. I'd ask them to nerf the parry too, but I'll take what I can get. When enemies started killing each other for me, the game felt condescendingly easy.

I can see why they didn't add the dungeons though...adding 2-3 more items into the game would have required a lot more reworking.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
In terms of difficulty, there's only one thing I could ask for: remove friendly fire please. I'd ask them to nerf the parry too, but I'll take what I can get. When enemies started killing each other for me, the game felt condescendingly easy.

OMQ ZELDOR IS NOT 4 CHALLENJ~~~~~

No but forrizzle, the game was supposed to be that easy. It's a cartoon after all ;)

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
OMQ ZELDOR IS NOT 4 CHALLENJ~~~~~

No but forrizzle, the game was supposed to be that easy. It's a cartoon after all ;)

Yeah, I know, but the enemies killing each other sorta took the fun out of me doing it myself. XD

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Yeah, I know, but the enemies killing each other sorta took the fun out of me doing it myself. XD

I'll grant you this: whenever another enemy knocks another enemy in the air and all those invincibility frames kick in, that is rather annoying. Like, several times I had a Darknut whack one of its contemporaries in the air and I basically stared at the screen, telling it with my eyes "that was MY KILL! :mad: " lol

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Looks amazing. Not making me buy a Wii U but when I eventually pick one up, definitely be getting this game with it! <3 I'm happy they're not messing with it and just prettying it up and adding some little new features, like that faster sail.

The Jade Fist

Kung Fu Master
Hence the name. It's as if people are physically incapable of understanding what an "HD Remake" is.

But Link's Awakening DX, included an extra dungeon.
Alttp GBA, included an extra dungeon and Four Swords
Ocarina of Time 3d, included the master quest.
Why this remake only get some miiverse thing nobody gives a :kirby: about.

Last edited:

HylianHero

Gardener of Elysium
A little piece of my heart shattered when I saw the title said The Wind Waker HD, and not The Wind Waker U. I knew when I saw that that the only significant details between the games would be the HD. I completely understand their reasoning for doing it, but still, I really wish they had added more content. And the way Aonuma is talking about streamlining the Triforce quest, it almost sounds like they are going to take content out of the game. Again, I completely understand their reasoning, but at the very least they could have included a "master quest" of sorts with double damage, more enemies, and harder mini-boss and boss battles (example being giving bosses more health, making them faster, or giving them new attacks, and perhaps having two of the mini-bosses in one mini-boss battle, like two Mothula in the forbidden woods mini-boss battle instead of one). I'm still going to buy it, but it doesn't stop me from being a little disappointed.

The Jade Fist

Kung Fu Master
Its just, disappointing/ fair to expect there to be some extras because all the previous remakes had some extra content.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Also master quest already existed so it took them 5 seconds to put it in and double the damage and flip it. So that's not really fair.

The Master Quest version was really difficult to find, though. It was previously only attainable by pre-ordering (funnily enough) The Wind Waker, meaning you'll only be able to find it online and in used games stores now. Ocarina of Time 3D made that version much more accessible, and it made it tougher, to boot. A boss gauntlet was also added, and boss gauntlets are :?ing awesome.

What has The Wind Waker HD done? Changed the art style that was part of the original game's identity, added a blinding bloom effect that washes out the colors, taken out a cool function of the game that could have been expanded upon and replaced it with something that easily could have been something added in for funsies, and not added anything worthwhile to justify it being called a remake.

Yeah. We have the right to be upset.

The Jade Fist

Kung Fu Master
Well to be fair there could be additional content we aren't privy to yet. But given the Super Mario Bros 25th anniversary thingy that gave a direct port of Super Mario All Stars with 0 additions or changes, not even including the SNES mario games/ n64. So maybe thats just the kind of change that has happened in nintendo.

The GBA re-releases for the mario games came with additional features, but the 25th anniversary didn't come with anything new.

So it might be too early to assume nothing added to the game, but some recent console history from nintendo leads one to believe they didn't put any effort into it.

Guys, it's just an HD upgrade for the game. It's not supposed to be a complete redo of the whole thing that includes scrapped dungeons and such. It's main purpose was to be a distraction while we wait for Zelda U.

Honestly, I think that some of you just hyped up a remake more than you should have.

Unlucky Monkey

The Great King of Apes
I've made a few posts when "A Link between Worlds" was announced. Almost everyone bashed the game, I was on the defend side, and I didn't changed my opinion. Can't wait to play the game.

Hearing the news with the Wind Waker HD, I'm not fully defending this title, this time. Personally, reading this was a huge letdown. I don't care for any harder mode. Even a bunch full of new Dungeons would be too much for a Remake. But not a single new addition? C'mon, that's just lazy. They could do it, because the team have enough material which was cut out in the past. Not even a single new Item? Sorry, but this is indeed lazy. This was one of my complaints for Ocarina of Time 3D.

Sure, Wind Waker HD looks so beautiful, and it is still a must buy for my empty Wii U library. But seeing Nintendo is going a very easy way makes me a bit sad. Like I said, it's not a big problem to add a new item or a new Dungeon. A new Dungeon was also featured in Links Awakening DX or A Link to the Past for the Game Boy Advance.
Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D features a new mode, new items and a new world after the end of the game. These are few, but very nice additions. So, it's not possible to add such neat additions to Wind Waker HD? Well, Ok.

Don't get me wrong. I just hope no one will call Wind Waker HD a Remake, because it isn't. It's an HD port. This is also ok. But, I think, it's not even a full price game. Judging by other HD ports like the Metal Gear Solid HD Collection and the upcoming Kingdom Hearts 1.5 ReMIX (all about 40 Euros), The Wind Waker HD is an pretty expensive HD Adventure for 60 Euros.

Last edited:

The Jade Fist

Kung Fu Master
For the record I was neither for or against the WindWaker HD concept as a whole, and not entirely excited about it, but not really hating it either.

So I'm looking at the lacking of additional content a bit more objectively, and when contrasted to other rereleases, its a bit lacking.

Unless this stream lined Triforce quest has been redone to be something almost different entirely.

So far it just appears to be lacking that love that was once upon a time expected from the company.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom