• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

WW-Wii U The Wind Waker HD :No Cut Dungeons; No Master Quest

Azure Sage

Join your hands...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Who cares if there's no Master Quest or the two missing dungeons? Wind Waker was great originally without either of those, so I don't see why that will be any different. It looks fantastic, and the menu options have been improved, too. I am still buying this game and a Wii U. That's not gonna change from something as petty as this.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Also, don't fix it if it's not broken.

By that definition we should never have gotten rid of exploration or created the abomination that is modern Zelda. :I

The extra dungeons would've been great and actually made the game worthwhile to non-fans and people who've already played the original TWW. :I

Well being the greatest game of all time warrants a purchase, so I don't care. It's what Wind Waker was "supposed to be". The Ocean is completely loaded at all times making the atmosphere more immersive, the sailing is faster, changing the wind is less arduous, and the Triforce Quest is fixed.

Really, it made a perfect game to me even better.

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
By that definition we should never have gotten rid of exploration or created the abomination that is modern Zelda. :I
You're implying that there is no exploration in modern Zelda games.

Yes, exploration might not be as great as it was in the old days of Zelda but we need to stop living in the past. These remakes shouldn't even exist, they are just bringing us back to the past, these games were just fine on their original platforms. Push nostalgia aside and give us a brand new Zelda.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
No MS? Not surprised. No cut dungeons? Not surprised. No hard mode? If I really wanted a challenge, I wouldn't be playing a casual series like Zelda.

Having the dungeons would have automatically sold it for me, but they are tweaking it (sailing) and, depending on how much they tweak it, I might buy it. I replay games a lot and if this can cut some of the more unsavory things from the game, I'll buy it. So far it's gotten rid of the Tingle Tuner and added faster sailing...so I'm keeping an eye out.

Old Zelda was broken. And Wind Waker had loads of exploration, so I dunno why you're upset.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Old Zelda was broken. And Wind Waker had loads of exploration, so I dunno why you're upset.

Oh I'm not upset at all; I still plan on getting TWWHD. I'm just saying that the cut dungeons could've done something - added some incentive - for players who weren't particularly vested in the original concept of Wind Waker. In other words, it's an area where Nintendo is punishing themselves.

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General

Exactly!

How is there no exploration in the Great Sea. You just sail around looking for islands and treasure. I love exploration in Wind Wake.

Oh I'm not upset at all; I still plan on getting TWWHD. I'm just saying that the cut dungeons could've done something - added some incentive - for players who weren't particularly vested in the original concept of Wind Waker. In other words, it's an area where Nintendo is punishing themselves.

What are even these cut dungeons?

I never heard about them. :?

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
What are even these cut dungeons?

I never heard about them. :?

They cut 2-3 dungeons at the end of the game and replaced it with the Triforce Quest. I understand why they didn't add them in tWWHD and I wasn't expecting them to, but if they did, that would have guaranteed a sale from me. As it is, I'm still on the fence.

Salem

SICK
You're implying that there is no exploration in modern Zelda games.

Yes, exploration might not be as great as it was in the old days of Zelda but we need to stop living in the past. These remakes shouldn't even exist, they are just bringing us back to the past, these games were just fine on their original platforms. Push nostalgia aside and give us a brand new Zelda.
Nostalgia is not the reason we still love classic Zelda.

No, its not broken.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Extremely disappointing. Not surprising, but disappointing. These would have been great additions to the game that would have practically made it a must-buy. But, alas, Nintendo has yet again ****ed up with The Wind Waker HD. Combine this with the altered art style and lack of the Tingle Tuner, and I have very little reason to get this "remake". This is a lazy attempt at improving on a game that fell severely short of its full potential. It's nothing more than a glorified port.

6415%20-%20do_not_want%20family_guy%20meme%20peter_griffin%20reaction_image.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom