• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Wii U's Price

Ninten*

BLOOOOOOOO
Well this is in Austrailia. I'm not exactly sure how much USD makes up Austrailian Dollars. But this is just this one site that has it priced at $600. But this shouldn't be that much. But for those who get it. Don't lose the controller. It'll probably be a lot to replace it.

H

harda toenail

300 at least. The controllers have touch screens on them, so it would be at least 300, 350, or 400. You've got to be bloody mad to market a console at six hundred.

Since when do touchscreens cost $300? Resistive touch screens are super cheap and the controller has a low resolution. The most costly piece of hardware in the controller will likely be the battery. We will be paying for the processing power and wireless technology of the console itself. Controller will probably be about $100 by itself. I'm thinking between 250 and 350 USD. Really hope they keep games at $50 but I'm doubtful about that. It will be nice to not be tied to my living room while playing console games.

300$ tops for me, but evan then 300 bucks is super expansive in my currency. 300$ is abut 1,200 NIS (new Israeli shekel) i won't get in lunch thou only abut in the end of it's life cycle so i can play all the good games right of the bat

If thati s a real price, no way, Nintendo. The highest naything made by Nintendo console and game wise was the 3DS (I believe) at $250, but they lowered the price. I understand that the WiiU will be one of the best things in Nintendo, even video game, istory, but almost $600?!?! That's a little outrageous.

TheMasterSword

The Blade of Evil's Bane
I say itll be about 300 dollars. Also, knowing gamestop, they'll usually give you a trade in bonus towards the new console. So i'd trade in my old wii and wii sports to get the new one. Remember, backwards compatability.

jugglaj91

I am me....
. Remember, backwards compatability.

Unless you have a Gamecube, your Wii may be the only way to do so in which case this would be a bad thing to do.

The highest naything made by Nintendo console and game wise was the 3DS (I believe) at $250, but they lowered the price. I understand that the WiiU will be one of the best things in Nintendo, even video game, istory, but almost $600?!?! That's a little outrageous.

Also the Wii launched in the US at 249.99 as well.

More on topic - If the price is above 350 USD I am going to wait. Nintendo will shoot themselves if the price is too high because no one will want to pay 4-500 for a new Nintendo console when you can get a PS3 or 360 for 2-250.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom