• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Wii is Fulfilling All Genres

Status
Not open for further replies.

TF/HH

TwilightFlame/HylianHero
I always hear people complain that they hate the Wii because it has no good first-person shooters or RPGs. I can tell you right now that that is not true. Look, I'll name two amazing games on the Wii for each genre:

FPS:

The Conduit
Goldeneye 007
Conduit 2
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption

RPG:

Xenoblade Chronicles
Pandora's Tower
The Last Story
Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn

Platformer:

New Super Mario Bros. Wii
Lost in Shadow
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Mario Galaxy 2
Super Mario All Stars
Rayman Origins
Kirby's Return to Dream Land
Kirby's Epic Yarn
Super Paper Mario
Donkey Kong Country Returns

Adventure:

Twilight Princess
Skyward Sword
Zach and Wiki: Quest for Barbaros' Treasure

Third-Person Shooter (TPS):

Metroid: Other M
Sin and Punishment: Star Successor
Link's Crossbow Training

Fighter:

Tatsunoko vs. Capcom
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Naruto Shippuden: Clash of Ninja Revolution 1, 2, and 3

Music:

Just Dance 3
Dance Dance Revoulution Hottest Party 2
Guitar Hero 5
(There are also many more games in these thre series, so I will not list them all.)

Puzzle:

ThruSpace (WiiWare)
Bust a Move Bash
Boom Blox
Boom Blox: Bash Party

Casual:

MySims
Animal Crossing: City Folk
Harvest Moon
Fix It

Racing:

Mario Kart Wii
Need for Speed Nitro
Need for Speed: The Run

Sports:

Mario and Sonic at the London 2012 Olympics
NBA 2k12
(There are way too many for me to list.)

Strategy:

New Play Control: Pikmin
Battalion Wars 2
Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn

See? The Wii doesn't lack games in specific genres. So everybody stop complaining.

EDIT: I have now added more to the list, and now some categories have more than others.

Last edited:

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
The Wii has about three great RPGs (you forgot Last Story), that's about it in my opinion. The Wii lacks so much, but it's only natural because it's a low-end system so devs won't be too eccentric about working with it. The gimmicky Wiimote only shines now with Skyward Sword, otherwise people would much do without that and play with teh GameCube controller, which sadly is out of production.

Kid Buu

The Ultimate Majin
See that's the problem.... You list quite a few genres, but only a couple games in each. Some of these aren't even in America. (Or so I've heard)

Big Octo

=^)
All 3 of the big-name consol companies fulfill all genres. However, some companies are stronger than other areas than others, like the Wii having more notable adventure games and the Xbox 360 having more recognizable shooters.

Sir Analog

Hope Rides Alone
All 3 of the big-name consol companies fulfill all genres. However, some companies are stronger than other areas than others, like the Wii having more notable adventure games and the Xbox 360 having more recognizable shooters.
Xenoblade's coming to the US next year. That's one down.

TF/HH

TwilightFlame/HylianHero
See that's the problem.... You list quite a few genres, but only a couple games in each. Some of these aren't even in America. (Or so I've heard)

All of these have been released or are set to release in America, except Pandora's Tower.

As much as I want to agree with this, I don't think that Zelda quite fits the 'Adventure' genre.

Zelda is an adventure, not an RPG. Most video game reviewers classify it as an adventure.

You forget so many great titles in your list that are more amazing.

I though I pretty much nailed two of the best games from each genre, some I could have added plenty more to.

Caige

Moves Like Jagger.
Well the Wii can have all the great first person shooters it wants, but I don't really think it matters unless the online activity is just as great, if not better.

TF/HH

TwilightFlame/HylianHero
Actually, the last 5 genres you mentioned lack hard in good games.

Racing, Puzzle, and Strategy admittedly lack, but sports and casual are fine. The Wii is often sadly considered a casual console.

Well the Wii can have all the great first person shooters it wants, but I don't really think it matters unless the online activity is just as great, if not better.

The Conduit has the greatest online support I've ever seen from the Wii.

TF/HH

TwilightFlame/HylianHero
I would say, sports lacks even more than puzzle.

You have all the NBA games from 2007-2012, EA Sports and 2k Sports. That makes 10 Basketball games already. You have the same thing with Football and Baseball. Sports is fine.

Teron

van der Nguyen
However, if we talk about good games, the number will drop down to about 10 games overall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom