• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Wii is Fulfilling All Genres

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

AlamoViking

Especially the aiming system, its flawless and so fluid... magnificent i think

Although the Wii does get a bad wrap from a lot of the gaming community, I have very much enjoyed playing Wii the past 5 years. My main gripe is that they tend to break pretty easily. I have had to get my Wii fixed twice and that is just a pain and $80!

Oh the Wii has greater variety than the other consoles, no doubt about that, but the only problem is that there aren't enough great RPG's, FPS's, or Sports games to bring other fans in. Still, I bought the Wii because I can get great platformers and a few great RPG's without having to suffer through mountains of shooters.

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
Sure, the Wii can fulfill all genres. But that doesn't mean it's games are good. I mean who the hell cares to get FPS games on the Wii when you can get better quality FPS on the other two consoles? The Wii has very little good 3rd party support. All it really has is Nintendo exclusive titles. Yeah, you can get a lot of Resident Evil on your Wii but it's mostly ports and two on rail shooters that are going to make it's way to the PS3. Then you have Epic Mickey which I hear good and bad things about and Batman the Brave and the Bold which I enjoyed but nothing special. Dead Space Extraction another on rails game that made it's way to the PS3... The Wii's best stuff comes from Nintendo, only because ports of the other games on the other two consoles are better on those two consoles and also because many developers suck at utilizing the Wii's features and incorporating them into original games for the Wii. It's just nothing but really stupid gimmicky games. The XBOX and the PS3 are going to have a bigger selection of games because developers want to make the best on better hardware and not work with weaker tech. It's like downgrading. Some developers were nice like Sega but they just gave the Wii a lot of crappy Marvel and Sonic games with Colors being the only enjoyable and playable one.

I agree with Turo. The problem of third party support has been plaguing Nintendo since the N64 days. The Wii offered slightly more variety and quantity from third parties but still lagged far behind the Playstation 3 and Wii. And then, HylianHero, you mention the example of The Conduit. Not only is it a fairly weak shooter on the market but there are better alternatives on the Wii such as Goldeneye 007. The Wii is severely lacking in the online department. Chatting is usually limited to be on your friend's list and even that is tedious with each game having its own friend code. Wii U promises to get with the times but I'm not so sure just yet. Let's hope it's not another sting to hardcore gamers. And if you truly went a great FPS franchise try Halo. The franchise is characterized by a fast paced campaign filled with memorable characters, a soundtrack capable of making your heart palpitate, and the best multiplayer you'll find in the market.

TF/HH

TwilightFlame/HylianHero
Turo602 and A_LINK_IN_TIME:

EACH GAME THAT I LISTED IS A GREAT GAME. THE CONDUIT IS AMAZING, PERIOD, AND IT HAS THE GREATEST ONLINE SUPPORT FROM NINTENDO EVER, AND IS ABLE TO USE WIISPEAK. THE WIIU WILL BE BETTER THAN THE WII. THE PURPOSE OF THIS THREAD WAS TO STOP PEOPLE WHO COMPLAIN THAT THE WII HAS NO GOOD TITLES IN A SPECIFIC GENRE.

Thank you.

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam

EACH GAME THAT I LISTED IS A GREAT GAME. THE CONDUIT IS AMAZING, PERIOD, AND IT HAS THE GREATEST ONLINE SUPPORT FROM NINTENDO EVER, AND IS ABLE TO USE WIISPEAK. THE WIIU WILL BE BETTER THAN THE WII. THE PURPOSE OF THIS THREAD WAS TO STOP PEOPLE WHO COMPLAIN THAT THE WII HAS NO GOOD TITLES IN A SPECIFIC GENRE.

Thank you.

Well that's the thing. It doesn't have many great games. Just because you enjoy certain games doesn't mean everyone else agrees with you. Especially when compared to the other consoles. And speaking of online support, the Wii has the weakest one compared to the XBOX 360 and even the PS3. Just because you made a list doesn't mean that it's what we go by. Your list means very little to me, I still have my own thoughts and so does everyone else.

I also notice that you bring up the Conduit a lot. Have you heard of Halo? Who the hell goes from Halo, to the Conduit? That's just downgrading.

Thank you.

Alright. But some of those titles are nothing special or rther completely terrible. Dance Dance Revolution? Really? I'll try not to extend this far longer but Wii Speak? Ha, that was discontinued by Nintendo like the failed peripheral it was. And the newest headbanger headset is wired when competitors have excellent wireless Turtlebeach and Bluetooth headsets. I do, however, take the Wii U part of your post seriously. Nintendo is promising a lot and EA's hand in the system's online infrastructure should make a difference. But then again, Nintendo already promised a "Revolution" in 2006 with the original Wii. And exactly how far did we get with that? If anything, the Wii should be praised for keeping Nintendo consoles relevant even if not so much among hardcore gamers.

Well that's the thing. It doesn't have many great games. Just because you enjoy certain games doesn't mean everyone else agrees with you. Especially when compared to the other consoles. And speaking of online support, the Wii has the weakest one compared to the XBOX 360 and even the PS3. Just because you made a list doesn't mean that it's what we go by. Your list means very little to me, I still have my own thoughts and so does everyone else.

I also notice that you bring up the Conduit a lot. Have you heard of Halo? Who the hell goes from Halo, to the Conduit? That's just downgrading.

Thank you for mentioning Halo, good sir. That is the definition on the FPS genre and online play.

Poe

ᴀᴘᴘᴇᴀʀs ᴀɴᴅ ᴅɪsᴀᴘᴘᴇᴀʀs

Thank you.

Writing in capslock does not make your opinion turn into a fact.

A "great game" is subject to each person's individual opinion. If someone says that, in their personal opinion, the Wii lacks a 'great game' in a number of genres then they're entitled to that opinion.

Slightly more on topic though. How much of that list is left when you take away the games that are cross-consoles?
I personally, haven't heard of at least half of those games. If not more. That said, just because a console can give a game to a genre, it doesn't mean that is should give a game into a genre. The Wii in itself isn't everyone's cup of tea, some people are going to completely write off Wii-based games in a genre simply due to motion controls.

TF/HH

TwilightFlame/HylianHero

Yes, I've heard of Halo. And I say all the games I listed are great because top reviewers (IGN, Game Informer) gave them great ratings. And yes, I also know that the Wii has poor online support, but this thread is about its genres.

Alright. But some of those titles are nothing special or rther completely terrible. Dance Dance Revolution? Really? I'll try not to extend this far longer but Wii Speak? Ha, that was discontinued by Nintendo like the failed peripheral it was. And the newest headbanger headset is wired when competitors have excellent wireless Turtlebeach and Bluetooth headsets. I do, however, take the Wii U part of your post seriously. Nintendo is promising a lot and EA's hand in the system's online infrastructure should make a difference. But then again, Nintendo already promised a "Revolution" in 2006 with the original Wii. And exactly how far did we get with that? If anything, the Wii should be praised for keeping Nintendo consoles relevant even if not so much among hardcore gamers.

I used to be hopelessly addicted to DDR. But hey, the gaming industry always lacks in good dance games, a'ight? Yes, I do realize that WiiSpeak was nothing compared to the headsets that Sony and Microsoft use. But hey, who wants to listen to a bunch of people constantly cursing while playing an FPS? Not me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom