• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Wii 2's Name

Nintendo has a history of changing names for their consoles: The Dolphin became the GameCube, the Revelution became the Wii and there are plenty more.

Now what do you think the wii 2 will be called and (wii 2 isnt its official name) what do you think (if they do) itll be called before hand?

linkman8

True and Noble
We know one thing for sure from the beginning: It is definitely not going to be called Wii 2. They're not Sony.
Also from what I read, it's supposed to make quite the departure from what the Wii brought to the table, so associating the two probably isn't going to be the case.

00steven

Yeah, that's right!
The rumor is that it will be called the Nintendo Stream, because you will be able to stream content right into your controller.

Celeboy

Collecting Dust
It's name is the WiiWii (pronounces wee-wee). It is because it is like a Wii, but twice the power, hence WiiWii.

AllieHaxorNova

Nine Tailed Hannya.
Well all I heard about the so called ''Wii 2'' is its gonna come out in 2012 (we might be dead by then >~<) but I bet Nintendo will have a better name for it sooner or later.

Nicole

luke is my wife
I like Celeboy's WiiWii idea. It sounds fun. :3

Honestly, I don't know what it will be called. I do know what I wish it would be called... Supernova!

I think that would be fantastic... The Nintendo Supernova! But it won't be called that. :< I just think it sounds neat. But if I had to choose a more sensible name, I think Nintendo Stream is okay.

Last edited:

Cuju

私はカウントダウンを実行します。
Wait for it, The Cafe! Just kidding, I have no idea what it could be, maybe a number, but that wouldn't fit Nintendo's new philosiphy of appeling to a wider crowd, unless, this console may be more hardcore. *sigh* We'll just have to wait and see...

C

cobemon

maybe it will be the WiiNi, because Ni is the japanese word for 2? xD

hmm...64 was named for it being 64 bit. gamecube is quite obvious. wii was supposed to be like a universal system anyone could play, and all around the world, it was pronounced the same. the wii 2 has so many new features it could be anything. maybe gamesphere, where its gonna be shaped like a sphere? lololl

David

But you called me here...
As long as its not Wii 2 or Project Cafe, I'll be happy.

Anyway, I really liked the code name that they had for the Wii. "Nintendo Revolution." I'd like the next console to really be named that, it sounds really good.

Hylian Knight

Green Armored Menace

Anyway, I really liked the code name that they had for the Wii. "Nintendo Revolution." I'd like the next console to really be named that, it sounds really good.
Same here and I wish they keep Nintendo Revolution for the actual system name because so many people wouldn't be able to make perverted jokes.

C

Caleb, Of Asui

WiiWii sounds cute, but I'm sure it will be more than twice the power of the Wii, and I doubt Nintendo will want to use that name again considering how it's viewed by the hardcore gaming community. It definitley won't end up being Project Cafe, though, inasmuch as that's just a codename. I like the name Nintendo Stream, which has been leaked as one they're considering, but there's a number of things it could end up being, so I don't know.

AllieHaxorNova

Nine Tailed Hannya.
I just had a random but neat idea to call it. Maybe NinWiNi for Nintendo Wii 2. Just a thought.....

Caeda

Keyblade Master

I agree with the contents of this post. When I found out about the origional name for it, I thought they were idiots to drop it, because it is a really cool name.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom