• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The White Sword

The Picori Sword wasn't infused with the elemental powers before. It was just a powerful sword that could seal away evil. Once it was broken, it was pretty much gone. Whenever you infuse it with the four elements, it becomes the Four Sword, which is a more powerful version of the Picori Blade, but very different from it. Basically the Four Sword and Picori Blade are two different things.

I agree that it should have a history and the likeness of the two swords are similar, but they don't have much in common except for their power levels. You also have to consider that the similarity is between each games "White Sword", and not any other. The Picori Sword and the Four Sword are two different blades. One came before and the other came after, while the White Sword was in between. Although they are all made from the same sword, reforged and reinfused with power, each time it changed into something different. The White Sword in LoZ being the same as the one in MC would be impossible since the White Sword in MC was changed into the Four Sword.

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
I agree with Matt... also, why in the world can't exist two swords named White Sword? It is a very common name, not something that implies that it has some wonderful powers

G

Gravity

Mysterious Swords

Some of you might recognize this topic as one that I've posted before in
other Zelda forums, but I figured here would be a good place to discuss it
as well.

In The Legend of Zelda, (the first one,) Link finds three swords.

Wooden Sword
White Sword
Magical Sword

Well it's already been speculated to death that the Magical Sword was actually
the Master Sword, but what about the White Sword? In The Minish Cap,
the Four Sword was called the White Sword before it was powered up, so who's
to say that the White Sword from the first Zelda game was actually the "unpowered"
Four Sword? Eh? Eh? It's kinda fun to speculate that had there been a way
to power up that White Sword in the LoZ, that four Link's could have been
running around collecting pieces of Triforce. Thoughts?

angelkid

TRR = SWEET
Well. Let's look at the swords. We've got:
The Wooden Sword: LoZ, OoX, TP
The White Sword: LoZ, MC
The Magical Sword: LoZ
The Fighter's Sword: ALttP
The Master Sword: ALttP, OoT, WW, TP, OoX
Tempered Sowrd: ALttP
Golden Sword: ALttP
Kokiri Sword: OoT, MM
Biggoron Sword: OoT
Giant's Knife: Oot
Razor Sword: MM
Guilded Sword: MM
The Noble Sword: LA, OoA
Hero Sword: WW
Smith's Sword: MC
Four Sword: MC
Oshus' Sword: PH
The Phantom Sword: PH

From this we can see that some of the same swords are deffinitely used in different games. However, as you actually forge the White Sword in MC I seriously doubt it is the same one. I was going to say that perhaps the White SWord forged in MC was then left somewhere and recovered in LoZ before I remembered that the White Sword in MC was then changed into the Four Sword. The only way it is possible for this to be the same sword would be if the elements were removed from the White Sword in MC then put in a cave to be guarded by an Old Man.

EDIT: Thanks to B24 and zzRICHzz for the other swords

Last edited:
G

Gravity

From this we can see that some of the same swords are deffinitely used in different games. However, as you actually forge the White Sword in MC I seriously doubt it is the same one. I was going to say that perhaps the White SWord forged in MC was then left somewhere and recovered in LoZ before I remembered that the White Sword in MC was then changed into the Four Sword. The only way it is possible for this to be the same sword would be if the elements were removed from the White Sword in MC then put in a cave to be guarded by an Old Man.

Could be, ya know? I mean just cause your random red-robed old man is watching
the White Sword doesn't mean it wasn't some relic passed down in his family
throughout the generations until Link got there. It is just as likely that the White
Sword and the Four Sword are one in the same as it is that they are two
completely different swords.

angelkid

TRR = SWEET
They are the same sword. The Four Sword just has some extra elements infused in it. If all the Elements were taken from the sword once Vaati was defeated and put back to their originial places, then there is a chance that the White Sword would continue to exist. For all we know, the Old Man could be some old bearer who has had the sword passed down to him over generations to give to Link once he comes knocking. Which he then does in LoZ. So it could well be the same sword.

basement24

There's a Bazooka in TP!
The Wooden Sword: LoZ, OoS, OoA.

There was also a wooden sword in TP. I doubt that these are the same sword, because anyone could "forge" a wooden sword for themselves as they see fit. :P

As for the White Sword, I never knew the Four Sword was once called that. It seems a bit odd to only have two White Swords apear in the seriesso it could be that they are one and the same once the power is removed from it. Very interesting!

I suppose it could be that MC's mention of the name "White Sword" was just a nod to LoZ's naming, but it would nice to think it was actually giving it a backstory.

TVTMaster

Guy What's Angry Now
Um, hey. It's a sword. And it's white. A sword that is the color white. That describes like 90% of beginning swords in Zelda. Just because the manual and item list say it's a "White sword" doesn't really mean that it's particularly important. It's just a sword that is the color white. It, being made of metal, is clearly stronger than a sword made of wood. The Hero's Sword in Wind Waker was white. The Ordon Sword in TP was white. Oshus' Sword was white. Just because just because the Zelda team had very little creativity in naming items early on doesn't mean it's the same thing.

G

Gravity

Um, hey. It's a sword. And it's white. A sword that is the color white. That describes like 90% of beginning swords in Zelda. Just because the manual and item list say it's a "White sword" doesn't really mean that it's particularly important. It's just a sword that is the color white. It, being made of metal, is clearly stronger than a sword made of wood. The Hero's Sword in Wind Waker was white. The Ordon Sword in TP was white. Oshus' Sword was white. Just because just because the Zelda team had very little creativity in naming items early on doesn't mean it's the same thing.

Excellent point, but it's fun to theorize, no? Besides, all swords are white until they're stained with BLOOD!.

There is already a topic concerning the White Sword. I'll not close this thread right now because its title implies more than one particular sword. But discussion on the white sword in particular can continue in this thread:

http://zeldadungeon.net/forum/showthread.php?p=9411#post9411

If it is needed, I can merge the two threads if the White Sword is going to be the main topic of this one.

EDIT

Threads merged. Be sure to check out previous posts for reference.

G

Gravity

Sure, go ahead and merge them. That's totally my bad, I didn't see the existing thread!

ChargewithSword

Zelda Dungeon's Critic
Actually the white sword is quite different from the FS sword. Here is the official artwork of the white sword.

WhiteSword.png

The hilt of the blade is quite large and unlike the FS sword is not thin whatsoever.

angelkid

TRR = SWEET

No, I dont think those swords were white. I Think tey were the colour of steel. Grey, metal colour. However, the White Sword is purely white. I still think that it is possible to be the same sword. Once Vaati was defeated, surely they would want to hide the elements again? They wouldn't just leave them, so I think they'd return all the elements to where they belong. HOWEVER, to do so, they would have to first strip the Four Sword of all its elements thus making it the White Sword again. It is therefore very possible that these swords are the same. As once the Sword is forged and Link died, someone else could easily hold onto it, until the day a hero came in need of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom