• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The White Sword

Ok, I'm new to this site (just registered tonight), but when I saw a section about Zelda mysteries, I just had to bring this one up.

In the TMC the we find out that the picori (or four) sword without the power of the elements is the white sword. We only see the white sword in one other Zelda game, the original LoZ. If you don't believe the games are connected, then you can chalk this up to nintendo alluding to past games. On the other hand, if you believe as I do that the games are connected this connection presents a problem. Where is vaati in LoZ, or if you believe that LoZ happens before minish cap (does anyone think that?), why is the half finished foursword just sitting around.

I haven't played through FSA yet, so i don't know if vaati just dies at the end, but in my theory of the timeline it doesn't matter because I believe in a split timeline with FSA and LoZ on opposite sides, but for those who disagree, the question of how the white sword ends up with some old man in a cave is still interesting.

Intisting find, I never noticed it. Wouldent know what to expect though considering I havent played FSA either

linkman8

True and Noble
Good find, you've got there. Well, since in the Split Timeline theory MC is most likely first, perhaps LOZ, which happens later on, has the White Sword after the Picori Sword after it loses its power. (Due to time, perhaps?)
Even then, I'm still not sure how it would've gotten into the hands of the old man.
So then that leaves two possibilities: The swords are connected through the timeline, and I'm really confused; or it's nothing.

Good find, you've got there. Well, since in the Split Timeline theory MC is most likely first, perhaps LOZ, which happens later on, has the White Sword after the Picori Sword after it loses its power. (Due to time, perhaps?)
Even then, I'm still not sure how it would've gotten into the hands of the old man.
So then that leaves two possibilities: The swords are connected through the timeline, and I'm really confused; or it's nothing.

Well, sort of logical, but a third possibility is that the swords are two genuine creations, and that the old man with the White sword in LoZ is a smith, and named his sword the White sword because it had a white blade.

when did they clal it the white sword? it was always called the Piccori blade then the foursword.

Right after link gets the fire element in the mines on mount crenel he goes to Melari (I think it's Melari) to get the newly forged picori sword. When Link gets the sword but hasn't infused it with any of the elements yet it is called the white sword. I think it may actually keep that name until after all four elements have been infused.

Chris

It has been awhile...
Well here is what I think: remember how the blade was broken, well maybe in Loz, he broke the sword and they found it later. Then, the picori, knowing it was their sword, reforged it for you.

It can be simply answered by: LoZ was first, MC came a long time later. I understand that its a question to be asked with an answer referring to some sort of timeline, but I mean really, its just that they hadn't thought of it seemingly. Timelines in Zelda are difficult to interpret, so I believe that the team who creates them use elements from previous games, not necessarily thinking about their connection.

N

Nemesis

It can be simply answered by: LoZ was first, MC came a long time later. I understand that its a question to be asked with an answer referring to some sort of timeline, but I mean really, its just that they hadn't thought of it seemingly. Timelines in Zelda are difficult to interpret, so I believe that the team who creates them use elements from previous games, not necessarily thinking about their connection.

I actually thinks that they called it the whiite sword in MC for a reason. Think about it, why do u believe that they just mention it in two games, because it is now the Four Sword.

but, here's the confusing part. The White Sword was crafted in MC and later on forged into the Four Sword in the same game.

I think I know the reason, but I will only give you a hint. When you get the White Sword in LoZ from the old man in the cave, he says:
"Master is using it, but you can have it"

I thought he said "Master using it, and you can have it". I'll have to go back and check to see what was said, if he did say "Master IS using it, BUT you can have it", which would be quite different.

N

Nemesis

I thought he said "Master using it, and you can have it". I'll have to go back and check to see what was said, if he did say "Master IS using it, BUT you can have it", which would be quite different.

I was checking it now, and he says "Master using it. And you can have this"
so you were right ^^ but, I have another theory too. In the begining of MC they said that the world was on the verge of destruction, but the picori came and made the Picori (or Four) Sword, and with it the hero defeated the evil and then the sword was placed on a chest to seal the evil away, and then Vaati broke it. And the Magical Sword in LoZ wasn't given an name from Nintendo, the name just came from fans playing it, so who said that the Magical Sword isn't the picori sword.

I was checking it now, and he says "Master using it. And you can have this"
so you were right ^^ but, I have another theory too. In the begining of MC they said that the world was on the verge of destruction, but the picori came and made the Picori (or Four) Sword, and with it the hero defeated the evil and then the sword was placed on a chest to seal the evil away, and then Vaati broke it. And the Magical Sword in LoZ wasn't given an name from Nintendo, the name just came from fans playing it, so who said that the Magical Sword isn't the picori sword.

I suppose that might be possible, but its a bit of a stretch. You would have to consider things like how the Four Sword all of a sudden went from being placed in a pedestal in some sort of temple or forest to a cave with an old guy.

But to focus more on the thread, the white sword in each game, I mean it does connect. Obviously they wouldn't just name it something and completely forget that they had named another sword the same thing previously. But since there isn't much emphasis on anything in LoZ, because it was a rather simple game, there wasn't much thought about each sword and where it came from or what it represented, only different levels of power each held.

In Minish Cap we see that the White Sword is forged later on into the Four Sword, so if LoZ took place AFTER MC, then I don't see why it wouldn't be the Four Sword instead of the White Sword. And even if you were to say that MC took place AFTER LoZ, then there would be the fact that the White Sword in LoZ is left behind once you get the Magical Sword, while the White Sword in MC is a newly made sword which is forged from a previously broken Picori Blade. One could assume by these facts that the connection would be their power levels. The White Sword in both games stands as the second-level sword acquired. So they may be two completely different swords, but named solely for how powerful they are.

N

Nemesis

when u get the four elements, then u fuse it into the Picori Sword, so the White Sword is kinda in the Picori Sword :P

It may be that it's two different swords, but I think it have an history like the Master Sword

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom