• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Whale from the Trailer = Wind Fish?

S

Skull_Kid532

ok so when i watched the trailer and saw zelda get eaten by a whale the first thing i immediately thought was of the wind fish from links awakening. i know its too early and not enough information is available on subject but i was wondering if people think there is some connection. also the fact that they are releasing links awakening for the e-shop also made me wonder if nintendo wants people to know about the wind fish from that game to see the connection in skyward sword. any opinions??

ShaneOMac713

The Seal has been Broken
I could be that it is a wind fish and that is also why they are putting out Link's Awaking for eshop but it could be something different or same but different reasons

butterbiscuit

- Do Not Eat -
If anything, I think it could be Jabu-Jabu or a new creature, the latter I find more plausible. I'm pretty sure Jabu-Jabu had teeth, so that's a better chance, but I also do not remember Jabu-Jabu being that big. The other option is Oshus, but I see that as nearly impossible.

My guess is that it's something completely new.

Ikana

Trollkastel
I highly doubt that that the whale we saw in the trailer was the wind fish from Links Awakening. I guess it could be Jabu-Jabu but I'm not even sure if that's the case either but what I truly think is that it's something completely new that we haven't seen yet.

Mamfi1908

The New Guy
People have just assumed that it is a whale so far, it might be another creature. (if I'm wrong, I'm sorry :) )
and this creature has teeth, whales have brush thingies that they use to get the water out of their mouth but not their food.
I think Lord Jabu Jabu is more likely since it is a prequel to OoT and all. Note that I said "more" likely, not very likely.

i don't think it's the wind fish. the wind fish had wings, oddly enough. plus, it looked a bit devious to even be a good guy.

I dont think it would be the wind fish

well, for the people who still think it can be the wind fish, I could came with a small theory:

maybe the wind fish has been (uhm) turned bad with some (uhm) kind of darkness, aka, nightmare, maybe we should go inside the wind fish save zelda and seal nightmare in someway (in some games, saving zelda is not the last thing we do, think LTTP), maybe in the future, nightmare breaks the seal and then we get links awakening

maybe, but I still think its not the wind fish

Tony

Stardust Crusaders
This post is coming from a person who has beaten Link's Awakening multiple times, and I believe that it is almost impossible for the Wind Fish to appear in Skyward Sword. If you have beaten LA and seen the ending you will know why. Also the generally accepted segments of the timeline disagree with it (Alttp-LA) knowing that SS takes place before Ocarina of Time which is the cause of the supposed "time split" takes place. Also I heard that the whale was the servent of the Godess. I am not trying to say that it is imposible just highly unlikely.

Djinn

and Tonic
I really don't want to say Wind Fish, although I would love to see him again in this capacity. The look and color does not match the wind fish at all.

WindFish.gif

First of all the wind fish is very colorful and decorated, while the servant in the trailer is mostly a brown color. Second the Wind fish seems to be based off of a blue whale. Which does not have a row of teeth, it has baleen plates in their place.
stylized_baleen.jpg

This is visible in all pics of the Wind Fish as well.

Now the creature in the trailer as I said earlier is a brown color and seems to have a very rough spiky outer skin. Which could just be fish scales.
attachment.php

The closest thing I have seen so far to match is Jabu Jabu which is a similar brownish color, has a row of teeth, and as seen in OoT people can enter the mouth and come out unharmed.
the-legend-of-zelda-ocarina-of-time-3ds-20110414055132948-000.jpg

624px-Lord_Jabu-Jabu.png

Any more details are hard to match up, since the creature has a longer hairlike thing on the top of it's head. Jabu Jabu wears a gold headdress so it cannot be confirmed in OoT. Jabun of WW had a single long feeler that held a lantern, but did not match many of the other descriptions.

Personally I do think it would be interesting if the servant was Jabu Jabu, since it might give us a better look at the actual character and purpose of the otherwise mindless fish that appeared in OoT.

I do not find it impossible that it is the Wind Fish, just highly improbable. Jabu Jabu is more likely although it could be something new. I do wonder why people exclude the possibility of it being the Wind Fish since it has godlike powers and this thing is send by the goddess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom