• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Weather Is Even Worse Than Usual in Britain!

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
Feel free to move if this is the wrong place for this, but seeing as we in the south of England are about to have a fat *** hurricane, I thought I would write and say everyone take care, don't walk the dog into the apocalypse and charge your devices!!!

So yes, the basic purpose of this thread is to advise against extreme weather conditions. If you have any tips for this, feel free to post them. And also any stories relating to other types of extreme weather, earthquakes, tsunami's etc. I think it's a good idea for everyone to support each other and support the Brits who have no idea what to do because well lets face it usually the worst that happens is we get sunburn for 2 days a year.

Dan

Here we go again, DANGEROUS STORM, oh please it will be like 1 minute of rain and that's it, this is why I hate England, A. the people in this thread just piss me off, I know they can't help it they are just british but grrrr it annoys me, 2nd, the weather forecast is wrong half the time and these dangerous weather warnings are as true as a baby hitting itself with a giant candy stick, yeah I'll just be playing Team Fortress 2 with my American buddies and a few less Brits that are stuck in their basements scared of a little wind.

Always remember guys, peace love and passion that is the way.

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
Here we go again, DANGEROUS STORM, oh please it will be like 1 minute of rain and that's it, this is why I hate England, A. the people in this thread just piss me off, I know they can't help it they are just british but grrrr it annoys me, 2nd, the weather forecast is wrong half the time and these dangerous weather warnings are as true as a baby hitting itself with a giant candy stick, yeah I'll just be playing Team Fortress 2 with my American buddies and a few less Brits that are stuck in their basements scared of a little wind.

Always remember guys, peace love and passion that is the way.

Wrong like in 1987 when they said there wasn't going to be a storm...

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
I'm right up North so whatever everyone's crying about hasn't hit us yet. Not really worried, we're made of sterner stuff up here. ;)

I've never really experienced any really bad weather, though. I mean, it's always bad weather up here. What the South call 'a lot of rain', we call a normal few days. :P Only once I've been stuck out in a bad storm when there was a huge one in Newcastle, and I just had a thin little cropped leather jacket on. It was pretty windy, the type to really knock you off your feet, and we went through the Centre for Life which basically functioned as a wind tunnel and we literally couldn't walk through it. Had to go around. Also the big underpass leading outside of the city was completely submerged so had to take a huge detour to get across the motorway, which was also flooded like hell. Couldn't even make it to Uni the next day, that storm messed up everything. :( Was soaked. Such a horrible experience being stuck in a big storm like that.

Marshmallows and hot chocolate is the best defence against bad weather though. :P

Dan

Beauts... Thanks a lot, now even.... that thing, is making fun of us! I think it's time you left.

Okay I don't want to alarm anyone but... I saw a branch move a bit...

Last edited:

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
@Dan
I apologize for the sheer insolence displayed in this thread, I will try my best to have a better outlook on life from this point onwards. That being said, I must have a right go at the North; their accursed blood stains this thread by saying that they are made of "sterner stuff". A weather threat is a weather threat; I believe we should all brace for impact or at the very least send words of encouragement in order to promote better relations in the past, now, and in the future. Please, before you insult someone over weather, please think about the feelings of the Human Race, it is imperative. I do not know all details about Britain (I'm in stanky ol' merca wid mah homes), but I think we should all be cautious.

Dan

@Van thanks, I don't know about others but i'm a sensitive flower, I really dislike it when others insult one another, there is no need for that, we are all from the same tree, comon guys enough negativity and fighting, let's all just calm down and get along.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
@Dan
Correct, we are all sensitive flowers on the inside, but the cold bit harsh world has caused our exteriors to be somewhat insensitive which is truly a shame. Love, peace, and perseverance are the only ways forward. We should start with the weather, and stop pushing such hateful words like "we are made of sterner stuff" around. Now, as I was saying, the weather over in Britain according to my weather station is 61F with cloudy skies and possible rain. It does not sound too bad from my side of things, but I still send my positive words of meaningless words condolences, this shall assure everyone of good times ahead even if met with 10,000 bad times beforehand.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
I'm in the Netherlands and it is storming madly right now and this is just the beginning!! The official weather reports announced Code Red. And I have to go through this in 30 minutes till the afternoon. Nice thought :(

Dan

Gee, thanks bro...

Actually, the weather forecasts are generally pretty accurate. Sure, sometimes it's fairly mild when they promised sun, but they're analysing weather for the whole country and so isolated incidents of inaccuracy are only to be expected. Similarly, there's numerous reports of the damage and fatalities this storm has now caused. So perhaps you'd best prep your baby for a good candy (how British...) whacking.

I don't think anyone, even from the affected areas, has been worrying about it so much as to hide away from it. But being prepared is key in case of getting hit with the hard hand of an otherwise less-than-fatal weather phenomenon.

@Blue I'm sorry, I didn't mean it, I actually think you're quite fit to be perfectly honest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom