• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The "Way" Between Hyrule and Termina

Hi folks,

i just found one thing... which I think never anyone looked upon or at least I have never read of it. There are two hallways which are by different people considered to be the "border" between Hyrule and Termina. The "Rabbit Hole" in which Link falls while following Skull Kid and after the fall he is transformed into a Deku. The second one being the "underground entrance" to clock tower where the whole hallway is spinning. But in one theory everyone agress: the way between those two is secret and nobody knows it besides Link, Tatl, Tael, Skull Kid and the Mask Salesman because those seem to be the only ones who have been to both Hyrule and Termina. Now think again. Does my point come to your mind? No? Play again. Watch where the empty shell of the Deku Butler's son is standing...

D

derkcloud

Yeah it seems to be so deep in the Lost Woods that no one has really found/said anything about. Its probable that anyone who had seen the Rabbit hole wouldn't have gone any farther, as they may have seen it as just a drop off. It would appear though that there is at least one more additional way between Hyrule and Termina. At the end of MM, when Link is leaving, he doesn't go back the same way. I've also wondered about how Epona got into Termina, as she probably would not have survived the fall where Link lands on the Deku Flower.

bbevington90

The Mask Salesman
I've also wondered about how Epona got into Termina, as she probably would not have survived the fall where Link lands on the Deku Flower.

Well you can attribute that to the Skull Kid I think. I mean, the mask gives him the power to do a ton of other crazy things, so I would assume it could allow Epona to hit the ground softly. Remember, it's not like Epona was alone in that drop, the Skull Kid stole her.

I've always assumed that the way-point between Hyrule and Termina was that initial fall before Link lands on the flower, although there must be another way, because how would one get back to Hyrule if there wasn't? I mean, you can't climb back up that hole.

Retro Ganon

Canon-Candy-Coded
Perhaps Skull-kid made the drop-off, where their once was a ramp leading downward? If Majora's Mask was capable of creating giant moons out of thin air, think of other cosmic feats it's capable of alone.

Could be a ton of reasons really.

I was talking about that the Deku Butler's son was in that path. If I look at the direction he faces he was on the way to Hyrule. But he was so sad... Was he running away from home and on his way to Hyrule? Why so sad? But he clearly knew about the way to Hyrule. Expanding on that in the Ending Credits the Deku Butler is in front of him. Does he also know the way to Hyrule?

Seems very odd to me that even nobody seems to think about it after i pointed it out.

bbevington90

The Mask Salesman
I was talking about that the Deku Butler's son was in that path. If I look at the direction he faces he was on the way to Hyrule. But he was so sad... Was he running away from home and on his way to Hyrule? Why so sad? But he clearly knew about the way to Hyrule. Expanding on that in the Ending Credits the Deku Butler is in front of him. Does he also know the way to Hyrule?

Seems very odd to me that even nobody seems to think about it after i pointed it out.

Actually, I don't think they know about it. I tend to think that original drop-off when Link falls for a while is the waypoint. The area where the Deku Butler's Son is is just another part of that world, kind of under Termina. Maybe the door to the Clock Tower is something that is normally open, but for some reason it gets closed when Link walks through it. Maybe because of divine intervention to try and keep Link there to help out, I don't know.

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
I'd say the place where Link fell is the way point and not the tunnel to the clock tower. Though it is peculiar that the scene through that tunnel presents a spin like motion, the fact is, the landscape in the cave is more similar to Termina. Empty deku flowers that deku Link hides in don't exist in Hyrule but with the deku scrubs being a dominate race in Termina, they are everywhere. In the underground cave, you land on a deku flower and see them all over the place.

Also, Skull Kid ran from Link when they first encountered, but suddenly stopped when Link was in the rabbit hole. He stopped as though he were no longer threatened by Link which leads me to believe he felt he was in a better environment to take on Link.

I don't think getting to that place is difficult for Termainians (not a real word), it would just be difficult to climb up the rabbit hole as others suggested. And if the hole is too deep, it might not look like a hole, but a cave, and thus, no one would try and climb it. So there could be multiple ways to get to that area, but I haven't seen enough proof to believe that there is an entrance from Hyrule to Termina other than falling down the rabbit hole.

I have always believed that there is only one hallway like portal between Hyrule and Termina, and that is the point beneath the Clock Tower all away along to the point where Link first falls into this portal like space. I don't even fully believe that though, because of the fact that the portal can't just be that section where you meet the Happy Mask salesman for the pure fact that it would be too easy to find.

The only reason that I believe that the portal has not been found by many is because it's so well hidden, and not many have ventured far enough to actually find this area. I don't believe that only the few characters that the original poster mentioned are the only ones to have found this portal like area at all though, the fact that Deku Butlers son seems to indicate that they know about it but either do not wish to venture through it or believe it to be dangerous. It seems like the area has been created or more accurately, molded to make it safer for using. It may have been a path between the two realms at a very early stage in their history, that became more and more disused until it was finally forgotten about (or seen as too dangerous by the few that did know about it) until someone stumbled upon it again. Which ever way you believe that the portal was created though, it looks like that someone or something has been through there and made it easier to travel through (such as all the platforms that have been made from trees in one section.

T

TriLinx64

Actually

:)Actually, Termina is across the sea BEHIND Hyrule castle deep inside the Eastern Woods. It says so in the NINTENDO CREATED MANGA.

Djinn

and Tonic
:)Actually, Termina is across the sea BEHIND Hyrule castle deep inside the Eastern Woods. It says so in the NINTENDO CREATED MANGA.

None of the mangas are considered canonl information. They too often add information that is either not in the games or directly contradicts them. And they are not created by Nintendo, they are licensed by Nintendo to independent manga artists/writers to publish.

Now the instruction manual for Majoras Mask stated that Termina is a parallel world.

z6-06-07.jpg

This is a kind of parallel world that is similar yet different from the land of Hyrule, which was the setting for The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time."

In a separate thread a while back I suggested that it might be the reality warping qualities of the Lost woods that create the portal to Termina. The lost woods have some type of warping effect in that they always send Link back to the beginning every time he makes a wrong turn. No matter how far into the woods he goes, he is always a corner away from the entrance. This magical method of twisting space and reality around like that might have some unforeseen side effects like tearing open holes into other worlds like Termina.

There is also Phantom Ganon which was found in the Forest Temple not far away from the lost woods. When Link defeated him Ganondorf said that he would banish him to the "gap between dimensions."
What a worthless creation that ghost was! I will banish it to the gap between dimensions!!" — Ganondorf
Ganondorf banishing or summoning him might have left a gateway between dimensions open somewhere in the Lost Woods. That is not the only connection he has either, in Wind Waker Phantom Ganon's sword has the names of the snowhead blacksmiths on the blade. It might be possibe that Phantom Ganon was summoned from Termina. He at least had some type of connection to it.

I also believe Derkcloud is correct in that the doorway between the worlds is mostly hidden and unknown to most people because it is deep in the lost woods. Which most Hylians do not travel into. But the fairies of the forest and the skull kids live in so they might know about it. The Happy Mask Salesman is a different matter. He was meant to be a strange and mysterious character that knows many secrets of the world. He might even know of other portals around Hyrule or Termina.

Some Terminians might know of this portal as well but it would be just as dangerous to them as the other side leads directly to the lost woods. They wold in turn become Stalfos and Skull kids there like the people of Hyrule. I imagine after enoughy people wonder into the strange doorway in the clock tower and do not return, or those that do speak of a large haunted forest filled with strange undead, people would stop using it. This could also mean that the skull kid of MM might be a Terminian, or one of the bombers gang, that wondered into the doorway into the lost woods and came back a skull kid. He did appear to spend more time in Termina in each of the flashbacks.

D

DannyPidgeon

I always thought it was the clock tower that linked the two worlds and Skull Kid with the Majora's Mask powers linked the passage in the woods onto the clock tower. It's clear he wanted Link to follow him, but I'm not entirely sure if that was already the passage or if Skull Kid created it.

I believe that they are all the passage into termina. The falling into the rabbit hole brings you into an alternate universe and the hallway is what brings you to termina. When you fall, you are not in termina, but in the alternate universe.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
I believe that they are all the passage into termina. The falling into the rabbit hole brings you into an alternate universe and the hallway is what brings you to termina. When you fall, you are not in termina, but in the alternate universe.

This reminds me of the book The Magician's Nephew by CS Lewis. In this book, there is a world where all worlds intersect, and you need to only step into a pool of water to travel to one of other countless realms and destinations. Coukd this be like the Hyrule-Termina Cave?

Pen

The game is on!
I don't think the "portal" between the two dimensions is something that one will see when it comes, I'de rather think it isn't noticeable at all. I think that if you walk deep enough into the Lost Woods in Hyrule you will eventually end up in Termina without any explanation or noticing anything. It's an invisible portal in my opinion so to speak.

00steven

Yeah, that's right!
I don't think the "portal" between the two dimensions is something that one will see when it comes, I'de rather think it isn't noticeable at all. I think that if you walk deep enough into the Lost Woods in Hyrule you will eventually end up in Termina without any explanation or noticing anything. It's an invisible portal in my opinion so to speak.

I agree, I always assumed it was deep into the Lost Woods that the enterance to clock town was located. You can also see Death mountain in the distance so I think that has something to do with the geography as well. Maybe, Termina is located SE of Hyrule so that you can see Death Mountain to the North and still be around the Lost Woods area.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom