• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Twilight Princess The Water Temple...

It took me a few days just to get through the water temple because I have a fear of water in video games. Just entering the temple through that huge lake was creepy for me. I was so careful in that dungeon because i didn't want to fall into the water. I just hate the fact that every time he falls into the water link has to dive into it -.-. And the boss at the end was just terrifying swimming down there. I have no idea why water in games is so scary to me. So did anyone else find that dungeon creepy? Is anyone else scared of water in video games or is it just me?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I'm not afraid of water in video games, nor did I find Lakebed to be scary at all, but I can sorta empathize! :)
Remember the boss' tentacle things? Those could be potential targets used to freak a player out. And the waterbomb-enemies that come out...those could also be creepy as well! :xd:

I think the worst 'fear' I have of Lakebed is getting lost like I did so long ago...worst time EVER.

blubb

Ash Gala Wonderful!
I've always enjoyed the water dungeons in the Zelda series. Be it OoT, MM or TP, those dungeons were always very non-linear with many options left for the player to go, and this is the very spirit of Zelda, the thing that has been making the series unique since it started: exploration. In all of these dungeons you have a central room from which you can choose multiple ways to go. Finding a key or opening a new passage in these dungeons always feels like a big achievement to me because you know you've done something right.
What adds to that is the 3D effect: In water, not only can you go left, right, back and front but you can also freely go up and down, this adds extra depth to the gameplay.
And I didn't find those levels very scary or creepy at all, IMO in OoT the Forest and Shadow temples were much creepier than the Water Temple and in TP the same holds true for the ice and desert dungeons (forgot their exact names). Honestly I hope that there will be a huge water dungeon in SS again, with even more paths to choose from (maybe 8 ways per floor) and even more 3D interaction between the floors, maybe they could combine the different water levels from the OoT Water Temple with the currents system from MM's Great Bay Temple to make a really big and challenging dungeon!

LinkLover

You Mean, Green Thing
The water temple was creepy. I am, (like TheNoobGamer) afraid of dark waters in video games. SO I had to build up courage to swim down there, and even then I wouldn't go unless it was day. It is confusing as well, and it ended up being my least favorite dungeon. The only good things that came out of it was the clawshot and dungeon boss.

The water temple didn't really creep me out, I say it can be a bit confusing if you just lost or stuck on what to do. But I will say the Boss was very scary! I kept telling myself "Don't by the mouth, don't go by the mouth!" But sense I hated the swimming controls and had no idea how to swim, I ate about 2000 times. xD

Perhaps you have some odd form of aquaphobia...? Hmm... I personally did not find Lakebed Temple to be scary in the slightest; I virtually had no feeling of dread or fear. I can understand how the boss might induce fear in the player, as it was quite menacing, but it did not have that effect on me.

M

moep0r

I remember the boss fight as one of the most fun fights in Zelda. Sadly one of the few things I remember from TP. I guess I should play it again ASAP! :)

D-Lo G

Author of Short Stories
I actually had a lot of fun in that temple. It was kinda hard, though. My mom was watching me when I came to the boss, and she screamed "What is THAT?!"

TrueChaos

Defender of Hyrule
if there's a water based level, it will be tough. there wasn't much of a water level in SS, the first one had some but not like Water Temple, Great Bay or Lakebed

LolGames4U

Viceroy of Area 11
I loved this dungeon! I've never really had much trouble with Water Temples, but this one was really fun and I enjoyed it! I love water so no, I don't have a fear of it, and I love swimming in video games. Glub glub...but the boss was sort of difficult, took me a few tries.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom