• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Walking Dead

izi

Not A Wizard
I've been watching The Walking dead since it premiered on AMC. I didn't even know there was a comic series at the time. I love the show - it has well-developed characters, every episode is engaging and original and I always find myself waiting until the next.
I had never read the comics before, but I heard they were great from a friend who buys them all as they come out. I read them, and wish I had read them first. There are some major differences, but the show and comic for the most part follow the same story and include some of the same details. One major example is that Darrell never existed in the comics (though they are adding him in in the future), rather Tyreese, who was introduced in the mid-season finale that was just on this past Sunday (December 2, 2012), was Rick's right-hand man.
I'm really anxious for the second half of season 3. I hope that Andrea dies. I've really grown not to like her. She was alright in Season 1, but she's just oblivious now.

So, ZD/PD/DD, what do you guys & girls think of The Walking Dead? Do you like the show or the comics more? Why? Feel free to discuss any details you want, this is a spoiler-OK zone.

I've been watching the show for quite some time now. It's really interesting to see the survivors trying to keep hold of there former self's in the zombie Apocalypse. I know many people disliked seasons 2's long stretch but I found the character development fantastic. I most adore however the characters and the choices they made. Shane was partly portrayed as the bad guy but what I found interesting is how I felt about the characters. Each one thought their way of doing certain tasks was the correct way and saw nothing wrong with what they did. I think this is something we often see in our day to day life's. Normally a lot of people aren't bad but we find their way of doing tasks bad and therefor believe they are intentionally doing bad on purpose. I'm glad you are enjoying the show izi. I haven't looked into reading the comics just yet but I think I may do fairly soon.

Moonstone

embrace the brand new day
SPOILERS, D00Ds. (Not that they're spoilers to me, but still.)

I started watching the show since right before the second season (I don't watch TV much, but my boyfriend introduced it to me so we could watch it together.) It, along with Breaking Bad, Adventure Time, and My Little Pony, is the only show I keep up on. It's truly fantastic. The characters are all very well defined, the story is completely believable. The zombies and the survivors are exactly how I would imagine them to be.

I hated the second season (I also hated Breaking Bad second season) at first, but, rewatching, I have to admit that even the parts that seem slow actually drive the story just as much or more than the more action filled seasons.

In my opinion, this is one of the few "perfect" shows - one that can be watched time and time again without getting stale.

izi

Not A Wizard
In my opinion, this is one of the few "perfect" shows - one that can be watched time and time again without getting stale.

I completely agree. Even (spoilers now!) when Rick started going crazy after Lori died, I knew that even if they replaced his character after killing him off, the show would still be great. In the first season, I would have thought differently - I thought the show followed Rick and his family. But that's just not the case anymore. The show follows a nice sized, diverse group of people dealing with realistic post-apocalyptic scenarios. As I cannot express enough, I can't wait for it to come back. I'm going to rewatch seasons 1 and 2 before it comes back, probably starting this weekend!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom