• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Walking Dead RP

TatlTails

WANTS HER VMS BACK
((No promises. And by that he means no worries. ^^))

"It's Dagger." The cold redhead replied as he immediately handed the food to his little sister, who quickly started to eat. They both looked hungry, but he didn't look like he was about to ask for even a scrap of food for himself. He wasn't going to owe these people any more than he had to, he could find his own food in the morning. For now, Madi needed to eat.

His glare stayed trained upon Kane, though he did notice the kid behind him. Pretty young to have survived, didn't look much older than Madi. But he only spared the kid a glance, he didn't look dangerous. It was the big-shot group leader standing in front of him that he needed to keep an eye on. There was also that idiot with the mansion, though Dagger doubted that guy would be anything more than a nuisance, and some girl (possibly) sleeping up in a tree. Yeah, Kane was definitely the biggest threat right now.

Last edited:

DarkAssassinXer

Dweller of the Clockwork
He decided to walk back to the camp after hearing the nearby bickering between two voices, of course the one who said "mansion" really ticked him off and he walked over to him. He had his swords and gun visible to see what kind of man he was as he said, "Listen, I don't give a damn where the hell you came from. Two days of running, you're so lucky you know that? Did you honestly work that hard for it, or was it just passed down to you? People here actually know my story, and I won't let you think or even talk like you're all high and mighty to someone who's been running since the beginning! Make one wrong move with me around, and it'll be your last. I can promise you that." He sat against a tree, his expression seemed really sharp at the moment.

TatlTails

WANTS HER VMS BACK
"Finally." Dagger grumbled under his breath after this new fighter was finished his speech. "Someone who knows what he's talking about."

Milo tensed at Ky's speech, and more so at the newcomer's agreement. It took all her self control to keep faking her sleep. She knew he was brokenhearted, and she had a guess as to why, but that alone was no justification for being so brutal to a newcomer who knew nearly nothing of the struggles of the Walker virus. It wasn't just unfair, it was cruel. This was a time when all people had left was their humanity, why let go of that for the sake of anger?

She'd have played peacekeeper on any other occasion. But for now, she really wanted to stay out of things, difficult as it was to resist the urge to get up.

Although... she'd expect Ky and Kane to know that she was an insomniac at that point, or even Chris...

Kane

Citizen
Kane

For a second I took a step back from the bickering, but something deep inside of me wanted these newcomers to stay. I had to show them that this group could thrive together.

"It doesn't matter what we all had before. It's gone now. We're all out here - nearly alone - fighting for our lives every day. Ky, I know what you've gone through, and I wouldn't wish it upon anybody, but we've all been through a lot. Arguing over who's had the most strife so far will get us nowhere. We have to work together."

The words just came out. I didn't expect it to sound that good. Part of me always wanted to be a leader, but I never had many opportunities before all this happened.

TatlTails

WANTS HER VMS BACK
Dagger didn't even bother to reply to Kane's speech. Which was actually a good thing for the impromptu 'leader'. Because if Dagger had a good counter-argument, he would not even hesitate to speak his mind. But since (even though he would never admit it) the guy kind of did have a point, Dagger kept his mouth shut. Besides, his mouth had gotten him kicked out of far too many groups of survivors, and Madi really did need a good night's rest...

That was it. Milo gave up. There was no way in hell she would be sleeping tonight, why even try? She scowled blearily, then weakly opened her eyes, as if she was just waking up, as Ky spoke. "Mhn... who..." She squeezes her eyes shut (this wasn't faked, the late dawn light was still a little bit bright for the moment) and dragged herself upright on the tree branch. "... What... Kane, who are these?"

Kane

Citizen
(I think we should start the next day tomorrow. I was thinking we should aim for one day of RP every week, approximately. Of course if we have a day with a big event then it may be longer, but we could keep 1 day RP/1 week real life as a general guideline so we can keep a good pace.)

Kane

I nodded to the newcomer as he showed his gratitude. "Yeah, it's Kane. What's your name? I don't think I got it bef-"

I noticed Milo walking my way. I should've consulted Milo about the newcomers earlier - she'd been my second in command for the last week or so - but I didn't want to disturb her sleep. Hopefully she'd understand.

"I found them while I was on watch. I offered them a night's sleep for their help gathering supplies tomorrow." I pointed to the redhead. "That's Dagger. And I didn't catch the other two names."

TatlTails

WANTS HER VMS BACK
((Well, just from my personal opinion, I wouldn't put a steady time limit on the timeline of any RP. Because, I mean, what if we're in the middle of a big, epic zombie battle in the middle of the day, then our time runs out. Will we have to timeskip past the epic battle? Will we just drop where we are and get eaten? I mean, it's a good guideline to rty to keep, but make sure it's malleable. Always be malleable.))

"M-Madi." The little girl finally spoke, before her brother had the chance to tell her otherwise. She didn't say anything more, but that one word said a lot about her. Her voice was soft and quiet, with an airyness to it that was reminiscent of the My Little Pony character Fluttershy. And of course, that shortly-displayed but clearly prevalent stutter, and the fact that she said no more of her own accord. It really displayed the majority of her character, all in just one word.

((She's not walking over there, Kane. She was sleeping in a tree nearby and she sat up. But I'll pretend that we're all in agreement, whatever happened there, for the sake of continuation.
Mleh, setting timeframes like that doens't always work. I'm willing to try it, of course, but sometimes a day lasts a day and sometimes it lasts a month. You never know. Although my muse for this RP is pretty active.))

"D-dagger..." she repeated softly. Milo's gaze roved over to him, then she quickly looked away upon noting his icy glower. She did see the little girl next to him. Was that who he'd been talking about earlier? Must have been. Then she spoke, and Milo felt sympathy flicker like an old lighter inside her. No wonder he seemed so protective of her.

Madi... A nice name.

((I can't even stop Milo from doing this again. She just does it. I am helpless to what teh Milo does.))

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom