• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time The URA Zelda Restoration Project is Canceled ;(

Unlucky Monkey

The Great King of Apes
ura2012logo.png

Just a week or two ago, Wolf Sage asked, what happened to the promising project, led bei ZethN64. My answer was: "I don't know, but I will check what this project has become."

Well, I did not found any new updates. Just a few minutes ago, Zelda Informer posted, the project was finally cancelled (URA Zelda Recreation Project is Completely Canceled). I mean, c'mon, we all know this outcome. It's sad, but it was no surprise. A project with such a big scale could not be managed by a team of freelance developer.

They devloped for many years, now, The URA Zelda Restoration project is another big fragment like the original URA Zelda created by Nintendo. Sad to read this project is now cancelled like the many other projects concerning URA Zelda.

If someone didn't know what I'm talking about, please read the article at Zelda Informer. It's a bit too much to describe it with my own words.

They already deleted much of the stuff they released. So, watch the few videos as long as you can. It's pretty awesome stuff.

In the upcoming time, I will create a Beta Section for the Zelda Betas here in the Forum. I created a few similar Threads in the past, but I think a collection of Beta material could be nice.

I would end my post with a video, but Zeth deleted everything. Wow, that's strict. A few days ago, every video was available.

Last edited:

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Honestly, I cannot believe he woudl do such a thing. I loved the project and followed it everywhere. Zeth is such a self-centered jerk. :(

First, Multiplayer OoT is dead. Now this wonderful project. -.-

R.I.P Ura Zelda

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
That is terrible. I guess the passion must have gone, really. Since, even Black Mesa eventually was finished by freelancing modders and released to the world so a project this scale can be done. Would have loved to see this though. :(

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
He can't...release us what he currently has? -_-;

Let's see...we have Zelda's Birthday and that's the only edited ROM I know of. Any others out there that I missed or are being made?

First, Multiplayer OoT is dead. Now this wonderful project. -.-

R.I.P Ura Zelda

If by dead you mean there's no active community for it--then it was never really alive.

Unlucky Monkey

The Great King of Apes
Honestly, I cannot believe he woudl do such a thing. I loved the project and followed it everywhere. Zeth is such a self-centered jerk. :(

This!

Zeth is, by the most, considered as a self centered jerk. Some call him an ignorant. Seems like a few guys of his own team dislikes him. Now, he may have lost many subscribers on YouTube. Oh, I forgot, he deleted the channel. I mean, what's wrong? They spend so many time on this project. Now, Zeth left it unfinished. And it's even worse, he canceled it in such a bad way.

The Debug Rom of Ocarina of Time still exists. I hope there won't be another guy, a bit too euphoric, thinking he could manage such a project.

By the way: Can somebody tell me the correct writing of Cance(l)led? With just one, or two L?

Last edited:
I can see why it was cancelled. It was a big project, and an ameteur team of hackers probably couldn't have pulled it off. I never heard of it, but if I had, I would have guessed it to be cancelled. It's just too ambitous.

Clank

Hmm
I am confident that they easily could have pulled it off, but I think that it was stopped due to either time constraints, or a cease and desist letter from Nintendo(one of the few companies that I want to hug and punch at the same time...)

Yuki Cross

Attack on Titan~!!!
This!

Zeth is, by the most, considered as a self centered jerk. Some call him an ignorant. Seems like a few guys of his own team dislikes him. Now, he may have lost many subscribers on YouTube. Oh, I forgot, he deleted the channel. I mean, what's wrong? They spend so many time on this project. Now, Zeth left it unfinished. And it's even worse, he canceled it in such a bad way.

The Debug Rom of Ocarina of Time still exists. I hope there won't be another guy, a bit too euphoric, thinking he could manage such a project.

By the way: Can somebody tell me the correct writing of Cance(l)led? With just one, or two L?

I totally agree. I mean, he worked so hard, and then just cancelled it!

BTW: It's cancelled (with two 'L's) at least in Canada it is. I'm pretty sure in America it's canceled (with one 'L'.) Depends where you're from. I spell it cancelled just because that's how it's spelled in Canada. :)

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
This is horrible, Zeth could've gone somewhere with this. Or at least if he didn't want to be involved/couldn't handle it, he could've passed it onto the rest of his team to finish. There are other people in the world capable of pulling URA Zelda together, but it would take commitment. But there again, if Nintendo have put a cease and desist on it, there's not much hope unless they eventually get around to doing it themselves (and what are the chances of that?)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom