• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Unholy Triforce

I don’t know how many of you have been as fortunate (or rather unfortunate) as I have to have played the 3 CDi Zelda titles, but I think we can all agree that they’re not good.

As bad as they are, though, I’ve often wondered if they deserve to be remade. I think that underneath all the broken mechanics, poor design and their very “of the time” styling there are the bones of 3 half decent games. With the issues fixed it could also be argued that much of the challenge would also be removed, but this could be compensated for, and even if they don’t turn into A-list titles I’d be intrigued as to how they’d turn out.

Any thoughts? Beyond “hang your head in shame”?

Uwu_Oocoo2

Joy is in video games and colored pencils
ZD Legend
Forum Volunteer
First off, hang your head in shame.
Second off, I actually don't think that's a bad idea. Sure the games we never speak of are terrible, but they are so terrible they've somehow become iconic. When someone made a computer remake several months ago, I actually did try to download it but couldn't figure out how. But this is something people actually wants, despite how much Nintendo tries to shove it under a rug and then flamethrow the rug.

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
Do you mean the type of gameplay? Like an actual Zelda platformer? I'd have nothing against that, but I don't really think it would ever happen. Nintendo already have a whole bunch of other characters who's games are platformers.

But not the story in the CD-I games. Those are garbage

Princess Niki

Allons-y
Staff member
I mean the first 2 are at least playable but Zelda's Adventure is a broken unplayable mess. I wouldn't mind seeing remakes but since Nintendo likes to pretend they don't exist that won't happen outside of fans attempting.

Hero of Pizza Time

Pizza Parker
If they can pull this off with Skyward Sword, there might be a sliver of hope for this unholy Triforce.

I think they are better off just being rereleased as they are for historical value. Not sure anyone would really be interested in the CDI games being remade more so than just a new Zelda game. But I do think people will be interested in experiencing the source of the memes (i.e. the 2D cutscenes).

That's just my two cents.

ChimeraWarden

I hear thunder, pitter patter..
I just hope they reference the rtx morshu meme
If they can pull this off with Skyward Sword, there might be a sliver of hope for this unholy Triforce.

I think they are better off just being rereleased as they are for historical value. Not sure anyone would really be interested in the CDI games being remade more so than just a new Zelda game. But I do think people will be interested in experiencing the source of the memes (i.e. the 2D cutscenes).

That's just my two cents.
keep in mind that Skyward Sword was a success and a crucial part of the Zelda Timeline, while the CDI game is the broken condom of the Zelda series

Do you mean the type of gameplay? Like an actual Zelda platformer? I'd have nothing against that, but I don't really think it would ever happen. Nintendo already have a whole bunch of other characters who's games are platformers.

But not the story in the CD-I games. Those are garbage
I suppose so. I’ve always liked Adventure of Link (my first Zelda experience) and I suppose I’d like more of similar (games like Battle of Olympus and Faxanadu also rank well on my list). As I said, I think under all the unworkable mess there is something to be salvaged, but I could see these being redone as smaller offshoot games rather than be shoehorned into the canon. It’d also be nice to see Nintendo’s own spin on the games to see if you really can polish a turd or three!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom