• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The TV Tropes/cliche RP(Sign Up)

Musicfan

the shadow mage
This one is very simple make a character that personifies your favorite TV Tropes and make them as extreme as possible.
Example
Rule of three
Name:
Han Eta Mer or Eerareara or something like that be creative.
Appearance: Is three foot tall has 3 turf of hair wheres a hat shirt and shorts wears a necklace with a red stone blue stone and green stone. so on and so on
Bio:She(because she has three letter's) lived to be 333 years old has 2 brothers was born in the fall.
Try to be a little subtle. Half the fun of this should be guessing how the description and reaction reactions relate to the troop and what troop they do.
Don't tell anyone your troop not even me.
What I mean by extreme but subtle make the character outrageous but don't say because of and so on, Like for me I would get rid of her age height and revise the description of her hair.
I will be the story teller.
Also go ahead with some more obscure ones.
THIS IS JUST A FOR FUN RP!!!!

Hah lol. I think I have the perfect idea for this. Should be... interesting--tropes personified, I like it. Shoutbox ideas, woot!

Name: Cladis Terminus
Appearance: Lank, dark hair that hangs loose around his face. He has a distinctive scar along his neck and chest, a slash from his right jaw to the bottom of his left rib cage. He wears worn, black leather boots, a white button-down, a gray vest, and black pants. He also tends to wear a black jacket. He wears a golden wedding band, although he isn't married.... right?
Backstory: He refuses to share a word. Although he does touch his neck, where the scar is, when family is brought up, and he'll often seem to phase out, as if lost in his thoughts...

Oh, this is going to be fuuuun ^^

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
Name: Wake Nukina Steel.
Apperance: A Badass Longcoat - (Red variety) with long black hair, carries a Katana with Audible Sharpness because Katanas are always better. Has access to a variety of weapons, Instant Expert with any weapon (kind of like Link is).
Backstory: An Affably Evil Omnicidal Maniac who wants to make After the End and Humanity's Wake happen.

--- I just came up with this on the fly for a character who is supposed to embody the Apocalyptic Index in personafied form, you know, things like "Humanity's Wake" / "After the End" / "Just Before the End" / Apocalypse How - a Badass who wants to make this happen is someone I think would make a good villain for the rp.

--- I didn't see the thing about not revealing the trope... too late here, but I want to know, is it okay to have a character who represents and ENTIRE index? I think it's kind of neccessary to reveal the trope in that case. Maybe if you'd spelled it "trope" instead of "troop" my brain wouldn't have glossed over it and misunderstood until I took a second reading. And, frankly, a character like mine would make her trope pretty obvious pretty quickly.

A possible secondary character used for humor purposes:

Name: Victor Klien
Apperance: A thin, spindly little man with brown hair and brown eyes who wears dull colours and always wears pants.
Personality/Backstory: An ineffectual soldier who's quite a bit cowardly and would rather run from fighting. Is constantly seen at laundromats because of a particular problem he faces whenever he sees or enters danger.

(I kind of don't even want to reveal his trope, becuase it's one of the grosser ones. Go on, guess).

(How's that? If you can't tell, I spend a lot of time playing around on TV Tropes).

Last edited:
Name: Wake Nukina Steel.
Apperance: A Badass Longcoat - (Red variety) with long black hair, carries a Katana with Audible Sharpness because Katanas are always better. Has access to a variety of weapons, Instant Expert with any weapon (kind of like Link is).
Backstory: An Affably Evil Omnicidal Maniac who wants to make After the End and Humanity's Wake happen.

--- I just came up with this on the fly for a character who is supposed to embody the Apocalyptic Index in personafied form, you know, things like "Humanity's Wake" / "After the End" / "Just Before the End" / Apocalypse How - a Badass who wants to make this happen is someone I think would make a good villain for the rp.

(How's that? If you can't tell, I spend a lot of time playing around on TV Tropes).

Are you telling us your trope? :O Musicfan said to not share your trope! It's an awesome character, though. I love how clichéd he is.

Check my edit. I didn't see that part because musicfan misspelled "trope" and my brain didn't catch it before I signed on.

Oh, it's perfectly all right that you missed it ^^ I miss or misinterpret things like that all the time, for the same or different reasons.

Dear Nayru. I saw the new one and laughed out loud XD

Musicfan

the shadow mage
all three characters approved and sorry I came of of reading 200 pages of the hunger games my mind was like kaboom even while writing it.
Not to mention prepping for collage working on a mafia game and *head explodes*

Raindrop14

Soldier for Christ!
I want to join, but can somebody explain what this is? XD Like, what is "The TV Tropes", is that a TV show...? Forgive me, I don't watch that much TV. :<

TatlTails

WANTS HER VMS BACK
TV Tropes are the little cliches that people see everywhere in entertainment, like character types, classic events, and terminologies that you can see all over the place. They have a whole website pointing out all the tropes in everything, easy to find.

BUT I ALREADY HAVE A CHARACTER. EASY TO TELL WHAT TROPE HE IS, BUT GOLDARNIT IF I USE ANYONE ELSE.

Name: Luke O'Hare.
Appearance: iPod pics K 381.jpg
Personality: Dumb, and naieve, and spacey, and almost puppy-like. Loves everyone, even if they hate him. But whenever he has a weapon in his hands, or is on the verge of death itself, he becomes a calculating, skilled as heck, and definitely intelligent warrior of epicness. As soon as he drops the weapon, or is no longer at direct risk of death, he will revert to his former personality.

Can you guys guess the trope? ^^

Last edited:

Musicfan

the shadow mage
I want to join, but can somebody explain what this is? XD Like, what is "The TV Tropes", is that a TV show...? Forgive me, I don't watch that much TV. :<

Its a site that give cliches names like my example above shows and games often use the rule of three like zelda with the pearls pendents an spirit jewels.
There is a

Also approved tatle

Last edited:

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
Home Page - Television Tropes & Idioms

Beware. It will EAT YOUR LIFE. A very common cry of people who are first introduced to it was "I lost a Tuesday!" due to all of the interesting and fun things to click through. The various story-elements are given creative names by people on the wiki. I've done a small bit of wiki-editing myself over there. I remember putting something on the "Cats are Magic" page in regards to a book trilogy I read and I created a page for one of my fanfics. I mostly just read there, though.

Raindrop14

Soldier for Christ!
I don't want my Tuesday to be eaten. ;_;

Can I PM someone to help me? I still don't know what kind of character I'm supposed to make. :<

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom