• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda The Triforce

When one obtains the Triforce, then one of two things happen. Those with a balanced heart receive the whole thing. Those with an unbalanced heart receive the piece that 'they believe in most'. I have a question, though-- does this mean that someone would get the piece that represents them the best (for me, wisdom. I have no desire of power and am certainly not courageous), or the piece they desire most (I'd really, really love to have the Triforce of courage)? What do you think, and what piece do you think you'd get in each case?
I'm not sure which is true. The Triforce of wisdom represents me best. However, I desire the Triforce of courage most.

It's a difficult thing to say, but I believe that it means you're left with the Triforce piece that you believe is the key to your success. If you desire to become the most knowledgeable person in the world, you would most likely gain the Triforce of Wisdom. If you wish to battle numerous tough foes on a daily basis, you would most likely gain the Triforce of Courage. But usually, the people with the imbalanced heart are the ones with the lust for power. Ganondorf believes that power is all you need to rule the world, and thus he's left with the Triforce of Power.

DekuPrincess

Are you serious?!?
It seems more likely, from the limited background we've seen of Link over the years, that the Triforce of Courage, at least, does not go to a person who wishes to do battle. We constantly see Link portrayed as someone who has greatness thrust upon him, and while he clearly possesses the spirit of the Hero, he is not usually aware of it when the game commences. His possession of the Triforce of Courage is thus not a reflection on his choice to be the Hero but a recognition by the goddesses of the courage that lies dormant within him, waiting for a moment when the world is in trouble and requires that he awaken to his destiny. I believe the same likely holds true of Princess Zelda, who usually posesses the Triforce of Wisdom. I definitely do not think she is normally the wisest person in the land at the time that she receives the Triforce of Wisdom, however, receiving it awakens the ancient wisdom within her. The Triforce is, when possessed by the righteous at heart, a tool of the goddesses to awaken the saviors of Hyrule.

For those who are unbalanced (Ganondorf) they forcibly take the Triforce, and thus they will of course take the one that they believe they should have. However, there is no significance in this because they are taking the Triforce, it is not being bestowed upon them as it is for Link and Zelda.

Satsy

~~SaturnStorm
Yeah you don't get the piece you desire. If you did Ganon would still have the whole thing. The pieces go to the person that best represents them. How they return to one form, is sketchy, but does happen.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
I see it as ones true intentions...

The likes of Ganondorf always seeked out power, thus why he got the ToP. Now the point you raised is quite interesting, we know Ganondorf is extremely wise, as from his dialogue and the fact that he has lived over many years. So maybe his heart might represent wisdom but overall we know Ganondorf is a leader and that he seeks power, as it would be his true intentions. Now if we take Link we can get a better idea...Link is always that little village boy who suddenly becomes the Hero. Now before that he barley know anything of true courage so i don't see why he would desire it in a sense, however his heart is courageous.

HylianHero

Gardener of Elysium
If one who does not possess the balance of the three virtues touches the Triforce, its three pieces split apart. The finder is left with the piece that personifies what he or she values most. The other two pieces will appear on the hands of two individuals, chosen by the will of the goddess. -Hyrule Historia

You get the Triforce piece that you think is most important. Whats interesting is that the other two pieces go to people chosen by Hylia, I presume. So Hylia chooses who gets the other Triforces...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom