• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time The Trading Quest

Fiery Klongo

I Am Mardric
Has anyone done the "Trading Quest" and been satisfied with the results? When I got the sword my first thought was WILL THIS BREAK?:hmm: My experiences have shown me that it is a very reliable sword that wont break and will kill most monsters in one swing. Do you guys think its worth it? the sword?

L

Linkmeister

its totally worth it when you finally get it. especially in Oot3D because the sword gets its own sheathe finally :)

WulfLink

Hero of Legends
The Biggoron's sword will NEVER break, and this sword is gotten from the trading quest. The Biggoron's sword does 2x the damage of the master sword, so of course you'll kill many monsters in one hit.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I love it, the Biggoron Sword is the best weapon in the game I think. It comes at the cost of no shield but all the damage it causes plus using a few glitches (only in N64/GC versions), you can speedrun through all bosses in the game. Also since the trading quest isn't really that long once you get a few warp songs and Epona, getting the 2 handed blade is a breeze once you memorize how to do it/use a walkthrough ^^

Ganondork

goo
Well, first before I get into anything, I want to point out that sidequests - although time-consuming - should normally done, cause the rewards will always help you. Now anyways, the trading sequence - aside from a few annoying timed parts - is an overall very easy thing. You might run across Hyrule multiple times, but the fact that you have Epona makes it less of a bother. The reward - the Biggoron sword - is definitely one of the best weapons in the game. It does 2x the damage than the master sword and even looks cool.

Although you sacrifice using a shield, the sword is so powerful that a shield probably isn't needed. Like you said, it can't break and the fact that it's there forever is nice to know. Overall, the trading sequence was easy and the reward was well worth the 30 minutes or less you spent doing it.

Fede-hime

All about the treasure
It really makes those Iron Knuckles that you run into towards the end of the game less of a pain. Less dying, more killing. Yay!

WhiteRundas

Ice Hunter
Probably the best weapon you can get after a trading sequence. It makes many bigger enemies and bosses easier.
The only part that annoys me is the last part of the sequence.

I have a question about this trading quest: Is it possible to do it without Epona? Because I can't win her for the life of me, and I really want the Biggoron sword.

I have a question about this trading quest: Is it possible to do it without Epona? Because I can't win her for the life of me, and I really want the Biggoron sword.
YOU POOR THING! How have you survived the game without her? D:
So much walking! (Well, mostly through Hyrule field, but still.)

Ganondork

goo
KupKate95 said:
Anyway, back on topic--do we need Epona, or can we do the timed sequences on foot?

No, it's required that you have Epona to beat the timed parts, especially the last one. Link isn't near fast enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom