• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Timeline(or a lack of it)

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
Well, I think that I'll end up being hated for this thread, but i'm gonna express my points of view.
First of all: People are always trying to find a timeline, but Nintendo already said more than once that there's no Timeline, at least for now.

2nd point- Even though there's no concrete Timeline, there are couples of games that are directly linked( OoT-MM, LoZ-AoL,WW-Ph, OoA-OoS(or the other way around)).

3rd Point- We don't really need a timeline, do we?Even though it would be awsome. But it would end up having a lot of plot holes, just like Metroid Series.

4th point- It has already been discussed before that the Imprisonign War is OoT. It's probably OoT, like it says in the beggining of ALttP.
The fact that all of the sages in ALttP are human/hylian is just a plot hole.
I have seen some people that the Imprisoning War is in fact the happenings in Twilight Princess, wich is pretty much impossible...
However, Twilight Princess can, in fact be between OoT and ALttP, due to some geographic issues.

5th point- if there's to be a timeline, the split timeline theory seems more plausible to me.

6th point- Eiji Aonouma already stated that Four Swords(not FSA, but the one that came with ALttP) is the "oldest of the tales.
Well, that's all for now... discuss

Last edited:
It would make sense to say that OoT is the imprisoning war, but probably the middle or end of it [at least from what we see of it].
As for the OoT, Tp, AlttP, is it can be ascertained that AlttP is after OoT, then if con be confirmed that TP is intbetween. Aonuma-san said that Twlight Princess takes place several decades to a century after Okarina of Time.

Twili123prince

"ZINGA-DINGDING"
I do agree, timelines aren't all that important.
I guess it's just a fun subject to talk about and get you're brain going. But I do believe in some timelines such as the PH being connected to WW, and MM being connected to OOT.
And Kitsu how would TP take place after OOT? like even with that big time between them, I don't see how it would be possible considering all of the provinces like Ordona, and Eldin, etc how would they change?. And what about Kokiris Where did they go? even though Anouma said so I still don't believe. That is probably the only timeline I don't get.

I know what you mean. I was debating this with a person on another site, and they came to the conclusion that the map of Hyrule in TP is an expanded map of Okarina of Time. Therefore, Ordana province is not Kokiri forest, but a seperate area. The rest of the map would have expanded either South or either of the horizontal directions.

Also, the landscape could of changed drastically due to erosion. But I think it is only another section of Hyrule not shown in OoT, but that's just my opinion.

People give it up.Nintendo will never give us a timeline.
Every time someone makes a timeline,the people at Nintendo just laugh.

Claire

The Geekette
Midna, I personally am unsure as to whether there was ever an intentional timeline. Although, I wouldn't put it past Nintendo to have something planned out for Zelda - but I suppose for now, we will merely come up with our own ideas.

I personally don't think that there ever was meant to be a timeline, but, as probably stated somewhere before, OoT came and everybody sought to come up with one.

I can't help but remember reading like 50 times on this forum that they actually have a timeline somewheres. Depends on whether they would ever show it to us though.

I'm not sure if it is true or not, but I heard at one time Eiji Aonuma and Shigeru Miyamoto were working on a giant flow-chart for the series. Even if they did make one, I doubt they would release it..

I think that in the beginning Nintendo tried to tie them together.
I think that the NES Zelda games have there own canon.

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
TP is clearly a enhanced map of OOT...Also, some reasons that made me state that the correct timeline(if i believed in such things) isd OoT-TP-ALttP are somethings like for example: In OoT the Master Sword is in the Pedestal of Time in the Temple of Time,in TP it is in the remnants of the temple of time, and in ALttP it is in the Lost Woods... Probably with the time, vegetation begun to cripple throught the temple, and with time, everyone forgot that it was there in the first place, and the only thing that remained was the solemn Pedestal of Time.

Your theory makes quite a bit of sense:

Ocarina of Time: Master sword is housed in the Temple of Time, which is in the Castle Town.

Twilight Princess: The Master sword is found in the grove, but also in a pedistal. But, the doors that let you enter the temple of Time are clearly the same ones as in OoT.
In fact, look all around the grove, it is almost obvious that you are standing in the temple of time.
Now, around that area, in the other parts of the grove, you can see numerous other ruins, this suggests it is the Castle Town from OoT.
Moreover, in Ocarina of Time, in the gounds around the temple,you can see vegetation, and even trees that surrond the temple.
I think that it does in fact go OoT->TP

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
first of all there probably was never a timeline intended but as the series went on they saw a timeline and went with it because the creator definitely has confirmed that there is a timeline so i dont know why the creator of this thread said there hasnt been any confirmed mention of a timeline by the creators...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom