• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The time line from Chaos

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
The "future" Links don't necessarily have to be OoT's Link's descendants...And MC and FS are usually placed before OoT, then OoT DOES THE SPLIT. The Child Timeline goes to MM, Then TP, then FSA, then ALttP, then LA then(in my opinion) LoZ, AoL and the Oracles, and the adult timeline goes with WW, then PH

LoZfan

Shut up and go away
The "future" Links don't necessarily have to be OoT's Link's descendants...And MC and FS are usually placed before OoT, then OoT DOES THE SPLIT. The Child Timeline goes to MM, Then TP, then FSA, then ALttP, then LA then(in my opinion) LoZ, AoL and the Oracles, and the adult timeline goes with WW, then PH

hmmm. sure why not... but what about some fanfics that for some reason fallows the ooT of MM timeline closly

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
As yuo said above, FANFICS... this is to discuss a possible timeline, not a timeline manipulated to make fanfics work, imo

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
fanfics are made by fans who are basically writing their OPINIONS. fanfics are not at all canon.

LoZfan

Shut up and go away
After much thought... gaming and research.. here is the timeline I figured up

OoT
MM
TP
ALttP
4SA
(many other Zelda games)
LoZ
WW
(and then some)

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]

OoT
MM
TP
ALttP
4SA
(many other Zelda games)
LoZ
WW
(and then some)

how come you dont have any split at all? the creators have CONFIRMED a split in the timeline. this means that after OoT there are two different timelines but every single post youve made has been linear.

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!

OoT
MM
TP
ALttP
4SA
(many other Zelda games)
LoZ
WW
(and then some)

As Zemen said, not having a split is almost blasphemy, since the creators of the series have already stated that after OoT the timeline is splitted...
Try to do some research regarding background and other timelines, I suggest you use some other theories on this forum as a basis, or investigate on the Zelda Wiki

El Bagu

Wannabe Mr. 1-8-1

OoT
MM
TP
ALttP
4SA
(many other Zelda games)
LoZ
WW
(and then some)

I always thought that AoL was the sequel most close in time to LoZ and not WW. Did you neglect it or put it after WW or as one of the games before LoZ?

LoZfan

Shut up and go away
I always thought that AoL was the sequel most close in time to LoZ and not WW. Did you neglect it or put it after WW or as one of the games before LoZ?

the games that Were befour and/ or after LoZ and WW are either games I havn't played or cannot get copys of for my DS.. (I really need a GBASP)

but i've been playing wind waker and Toon Link Looks Like the original 8-bit link to an extent... plus it seems that Aol would go dead last.. it's like the Last adventure up to date with Link as an adult.. savvy

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
the games that Were befour and/ or after LoZ and WW are either games I havn't played or cannot get copys of for my DS.. (I really need a GBASP)

but i've been playing wind waker and Toon Link Looks Like the original 8-bit link to an extent... plus it seems that Aol would go dead last.. it's like the Last adventure up to date with Link as an adult.. savvy

The Graphical design of the character has nothing to do with timeline. Also, not playing the game is not an excuse, that's why there are sites like the Zelda Wiki...

You should be able to get AoL for the GBA and play it on the DS

El Bagu

Wannabe Mr. 1-8-1
Well I do not believe that Link from WW is the same hero as Link from LoZ. Link in AoL on the other hand is the adult version of Link from LoZ. Just look at them (the different Links),the colour of their hair differs! (I must admit that the last comment can be considered irrelevant)

LoZfan

Shut up and go away
I never siad he was.. I just noticed from the Original LoZ and Ww that they look alike.... plus.. possible.. the Link from LoZ.. is possibly the great grandfather of the WW Link... Savvy?

Okay, heres the basic formula for a timeline that most people suggest is correct. Although I have other speculations and theories which are possible, this one is roughly what people would think is right.

-----------/WW--PH
MC--FS--OoT
-----------\MM--TP--ALttP--FSA--LA--OoX--LoZ--AoL

I really have doubts about the placement of FSA, just because to me it dosen't seem right to fit anything between TP and ALttP unless it was a game that showed how Ganon managed to get within the Sacred Realm again. But anyway, this is the general timeline, based on the info that we have been given.

My timeline as it was went like this

------/WW--PH--MC--FS--FSA
--OoT
------\MM--TP--ALttP--LA--OoX--LoZ--AoL

Which the only difference is that I'm placing the Four Swords saga in the New Hyrule which would have been discovered by Link and Tetra after WW.

But regardless of how the timeline might go, any timeline that you make has to at least follow the split-timeline theory to make sense anymore. Placing them in the same timeline is wrong, both because the creators said so, and the fact that if you have played both TP and WW, you know that they are both sequels of OoT, but follow each path of either the world Child or Adult Link left behind in that game. Its crystal clear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom