• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The thing in Zelda you love but everyone hates

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Seems pretty hated to me. On ZD at least, and that's pretty much the only place where I'm exposed to Zelda fans

I dont know why you get that impression from here. The impression I get is most people seem to like it on ZD except Azure Sage. And besides ZD is not representative of the 9 million players of TP.

WindFishTacos

"Look at those sideburns...that's true grit!"
1. The art style of Wind Waker
2. Sailing in Wind Waker
3. Water temple in Ocarina of Time
4. Capcom Zelda games

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
Maybe initially, but it's gained a cult following over the years, to the point of the creation of Project Moonfall, and then it's end result, MM3D,

Actually, Project Moonfall had nothing to do with MM3D being created. Right after announcing MM3D, Aonuma said that development of MM3D started as soon as OOT3D was done, but they didn't want to reveal it until then. He said that he knew that the fans wanted it and that there were petitions for it, but he just couldn't tell them that it was already happening until this point.

I really enjoy Fi's robotic, repetitive nature, and basically just robotspeak in general. Oh, and I love the option to invert the camera control x axis in Twilight Princess and Majora's Mask 3D (it's way more logical to play like that), which I pretty much get ridiculed for.
I also loved the slow opening of Twilight Princess, as (the HD version) was my first Zelda, and it took a while for me to get used to it.

Spamomanospam

Captain Kick-ass
TP artstyle and overworld
I actually liked this too. The darker style made for cool dramatic moments, but didn't really take away anything from the strange and silly ones. And the overworld was so full of hidden goodies that I didn't even really care that it was slightly empty and railroaded. There are a ton of games that had it worse than this.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
TP artstyle and overworld

I don't think the art style of TP belongs in this thread. In fact the art style was probably the most popular in Zelda so far, contributing to the mass appeal of the game which is why it sold over 9 million and WW and Suckward Sword sold only in the 4 million range. And remember SS came out at a time when there were a LOT more Wii's in peoples homes than there were when TP released.

Feverish

Source of stink
I don't think the art style of TP belongs in this thread. In fact the art style was probably the most popular in Zelda so far, contributing to the mass appeal of the game which is why it sold over 9 million and WW and Suckward Sword sold only in the 4 million range. And remember SS came out at a time when there were a LOT more Wii's in peoples homes than there were when TP released.
I was told by a few people that they thought the TP art style sucked ass and not until today did I see someone praise it, so I thought most people hated it

I am a Navi fan, didn't mind her at all really.

Gotta say though, I really like Spirit Tracks. I feel like that game is better than most give it credit for. And spirit Zelda was an AWESOME companion IMO.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
A couple of them others have already said, like the sailing in Wind Waker and the DS games (PH and ST). I also like Tingle and he gets a ton of hate. He's not my favorite character by any means, but I like how fun and silly he is. I do get why a lot of people find him annoying though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom