• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time The Temple of Time

zeldafan123

Hero of the Lost Realm
as everyone saw in OOT the Temple of Time was in the middle of Hyrule market, but in TP it was in the Sacred Grove, so does this mean that the Sacred Grove is what used to be Hyrule market and that the castle has moved to the middle of Hyrule from where it once stood. Leave your suggestions in the comments and I'll get back to you:).

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I've thought about this before. I think they may have just moved it. I mean, think about it. The Temple of Time was the gate to the Sacred Realm, and it also housed the Master Sword. Considering they wanted to protect it, they must have realized it wasn't such a good idea to put it in a place like the Castle Town Market, where it could be easily found. So I think it was moved th the Lost Woods(which I think became the Sacred Grove) in order to keep it safe, and to protect the Master Sword.

EDIT: Umm, I think this belongs in the Zelda Theory section.

Zorato

"Frocobo says die!"
(facepalm) Yeah you're right, man I'm really failing at this site.

I'll ask Ky to move it for ya. :)

That is a possibility but one thing stands against that, in OoT the temple of time, meaning castle town, was in the northern most part of hyrule field. In TP it is VERY far down south, I think it is in the faron providence or even in ordona, but the point is I dont see how a giant temple can move to the other side of the world, so that part perplexes me. People may argue that this part of the world of hyrule we are in in TP is northern more of where we were in OoT, but that wouldn't explain the fact that lake hylia is unmoved, so I have NO clue how the temple of time has gotten WAAAY down in the Faron providence.

Last edited:
well, zelda geography between games hasnt been something to make too much sense, anyway , when they have way to many similarities we can say they are the same hyrule (FSA and Alttp, for example)

I am not sure, It would make sense if TP were in the Adult time line, because the castle was destroyed, but it isnt, it is part of the Child timeline, but I am not sure if they would move such an important place as the temple of time

Hero_in_Green

Hero of Time
This is the magic of Zelda! We don't know what events take place in between the game, but I agree with the comments above. Axle said that the geography doesn't really matter but if you really want to get into theory, it could be that Hyrule possibly expanded after the events of Ocarina of Time. It is interesting to note that the Temple of Time in TP isnt the only ruins within the Lost Forest. There are remnants of other ruins as well. It could be that when Hyrule expanded the Lost forest grew and expanded as well and grew over OoT's Hyrule Field as well as the old Castle Town. This is just a theory so I really have no proof but just to try connect the games. Also it is interesting to note that TP could be before A Link to the Past as in A Link to the Past *SPOILERS!* after you defeat Ganon and put the Master Sword back in its pedestal the text box reads "The Master Swords sleeps again FOREVER". This indicates that the Master Sword is used for the very last time in A Link to the Past whereas it said no such thing in Twilight Princess after the game is finished. Theories don't really matter in Zelda as it's a fan thing to keep gamers interested in the series, so its probably that Nintendo just wanted to bring certain themes back from past games for nostalgic purposes or just to simply connect them.

Be careful where you post threads OP, because this does belong in the Zelda Theory section, but a good topic nonetheless! :)

Djinn

and Tonic
I've thought about this before. I think they may have just moved it. I mean, think about it. The Temple of Time was the gate to the Sacred Realm, and it also housed the Master Sword. Considering they wanted to protect it, they must have realized it wasn't such a good idea to put it in a place like the Castle Town Market, where it could be easily found. So I think it was moved th the Lost Woods(which I think became the Sacred Grove) in order to keep it safe, and to protect the Master Sword.

EDIT: Umm, I think this belongs in the Zelda Theory section.

This I believe is the correct answer. The rulers of the kingdom as well as the sages knew that the Door of Time is the gateway to the sacred realm and the triforce. They probably thought it was well protected enough requiring three stones, the ocarina of time and a pulling of the master sword to open the door. But all their fears came to life when it actually happened, someone managed to accomplish all of this. Not only that but it was some child out of the forest that accomplished it, and while intentions were good an evil individual managed to take the triforce for himself and conquer the kingdom and rule as a godking for seven years. I imagine after the situation was resolved the sages decided that it was far too great a liability to have the Door of Time right there within the walls of Hyrule Castletown where it can be the greatest threat to the people. Anyone can wonder straight to it and attempt another opening of the door since it was perfectly accessible.

Not to mention Ganondorf was sealed within the sacred realm just on the other side of the Door. Any foolish attempt to open it again might undo the sage's seal and allow him to reenter the Light World easily. So it might have been for two reasons that it was moved, to keep the gateway to the sacred realm far away from those foolish enough to attempt to steal the triforce once again, to keep those same foolish individuals from accidentally releasing Ganondorf into the world once more, and to keep any lingering loyal minions of Ganondorf from releasing their master into the world.

So clearly the Temple of Time had to be moved far beyond the reach of any normal person to keep the peace in Hyrule. The sacred forest meadow is a very well protected location since not many would know of it in the first place. It is hidden deep within the wilderness and possibly beyond the lost woods which are dangerous enough to bypass if those few are even capable of safely getting through. The cursed souls that reside in the lost woods or sacred forest meadow are another deterrent for any explorers. It is possibly the safest region to hide a temple since any other area has a higher population of people living there or traveling the area, and the forest can easily hide a large structure beneath the canopy of the trees. Anywhere else in the desert, mountains, or field it could be eventually spotted by travelers or locals. The forest has multiple cursed areas and many dangerous creatures that guard it, no average individual would survive the trip to find it.

E

ERROR

Maybe the forests of hyrule starred spreading quickly so the move location of the castle and castle town but left the temple of time since it was so important, this would also explain why the temple of time is in ruins on tp but who knows

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom