• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Symbol of Legend of Zelda

SpiritGerudo

Flamey-o, Hotman!
I'm just curious. If you were asked for the symbol of Legend of Zelda to put on something (don't ask me what) would you say the Triforce, the Master Sword, or something else?? You don't have to be looking at the Zelda games overall, just the ones you know.

I think I'd say the Triforce, the game doesn't exactly revolve around it entirely but it's still a big part.

(oh and first thread post, sorry if I majorly screw something up :D )

B

Blaster242

I would agree. The Triforce plays a huge part in the LoZ series. The Master Sword as well. I can't really think of anything else.

JerônimoLink

New Hyrule's Engineer
The triforce with the bird under it! It has the triforce, and the bird symbol seems to be important in Skyward Sword, because in the demo, when you defeat Ghirahim, a door with the bird symbol but without the triforce opens!

Beeker

Wild Card
Probably either the Triforce or the Hylian Crest(with the bird)
Hey, already when I see triangles assembled in the Triforce's way I think of Zelda. :P

Tony

Stardust Crusaders
I would say the Triforce emblem as well. The Triforce is the symbol of all power in Hyrule so it makes sense to have it be the symbol of the series. The Triforce has also apeared as a major plot device in the series so that also makes it the Symbol in the series. I don't know why people would say that the Master Sword is the symbol in the series, the Triforce has been used/mentioned in all the Zelda game to date, the Master Sword only makes apearences in Alttp and the 3D titles. Another symbol of the Zelda series, I think, would be the Octorok sprite from the first Zelda. It always stands out as "the" enemy of Zelda series. I know that is a wierd choice but Octoroks always seem to appear some how in every Zelda game, besides Twilight Princess of course (darn you game designers!).

SpiritGerudo

Flamey-o, Hotman!
The Octorock makes sense, it is THE well know enemy of the original Legend of Zelda, and as you said appears just about everywhere else. I wouldn't say the crest of the Royal Family of Hyrule, because, well, Link isn't part of it. Zelda is, but she isn't who you play as, and Just the Triforce includes her as well.

Last edited:

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
I don't think there's any debate that the triforce symbol or the Hylian crest is the symbol of Zelda.

ZeldaFan11

#TeamPhelps
The triforce and hylian crest for sure! Although im not good at drawling the 2nd one lol. but these two thing pop up in every game. the same 3 people have the powers(courage, power, wisdom) in every game. so id say those 2 for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom