• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Switch is DOOMED

CrimsonCavalier

Fuzzy Pickles
The WiiU did not have a must have console selling game on day 1. The Switch does.

The only issue with that statement is that that must-own game is also on the Wii U. As I told you in a different thread, I am very curious to see how many copies the game sells, Wii U v. Switch.

The only issue with that statement is that that must-own game is also on the Wii U. As I told you in a different thread, I am very curious to see how many copies the game sells, Wii U v. Switch.
I am very interested as well. I think it'll tell a lot about the state of the Switch. Some will buy both but I think the majority will not.

CrimsonCavalier

Fuzzy Pickles
I am very interested as well. I think it'll tell a lot about the state of the Switch. Some will buy both but I think the majority will not.

As furious as it would make me, I think Nintendo would have been smarter just making the game a Switch exclusive, and thus sort of forcing people to get the Switch. The fact that I can play the game on the Wii U is a major reason why I won't get a Switch Day One. I know I'm sacrificing performance by doing so, but I also know I'm not spending $360 for a game.

That's why I can't agree that the Switch's launch is a better one. Not only in quantity, but quality of the overall launch lineup, I think the Wii U had a much much better launch than the Switch is going to have. But we'll see. I think there may more surprises between now and 03 March 2017.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
http://www.express.co.uk/entertainm...reath-of-the-Wild-Wii-U-Nintendo-Switch-stock

Due to stock troubles the Wii U version of BoTW has seen a surge of sales. Many who just wanted Zelda wont buy a Switch now because they have what they wanted on the Wii U. Nintendo not providing enough Switch units has cost sales for the new console.
The Switch is doing great right now. The Wii was possibly the most undersupplied console ever and it did fine. I think this thread title has already been proven wrong with the Switch being the fastest selling Nintendo console to date.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
The Switch is doing great right now. The Wii was possibly the most undersupplied console ever and it did fine. I think this thread title has already been proven wrong with the Switch being the fastest selling Nintendo console to date.

This thread has not been proven wrong. There are no figures for Switch sales as far as I am aware and we dont know how long this rapid uptake is going to last. They could hit a great plateau at any moment.

This lack of having enough consoles is undoubtedly hurting sales no matter how good the Switch is doing. It is this type of idiocy and laziness on the part of Nintendo which they have shown in recent times which will doom the console.

Zachie

Moo
This thread has not been proven wrong. There are no figures for Switch sales as far as I am aware and we dont know how long this rapid uptake is going to last. They could hit a great plateau at any moment.

This lack of having enough consoles is undoubtedly hurting sales no matter how good the Switch is doing. It is this type of idiocy and laziness on the part of Nintendo which they have shown in recent times which will doom the console.
If anything, the fact that the Switch is selling out everywhere is more of a sign that the console is doing so well. I'm positive about the Switch and it's future, and it's obvious to anyone that Nintendo has (and is) making a lot of the right choices when it comes to the Switch. I've said it time and time again, but; you'll see.

If anything, the fact that the Switch is selling out everywhere is more of a sign that the console is doing so well. I'm positive about the Switch and it's future, and it's obvious to anyone that Nintendo has (and is) making a lot of the right choices when it comes to the Switch. I've said it time and time again, but; you'll see.
Actually the even bigger sign is coming from the developers.
  • They are saying how easy it is to develop for and port to the switch.
  • PS4 games are being ported to the Switch in a week or less at times. Sure that's just a rough port, but a week to port. That's crazy good.
  • Also now Nintendo is literally asking devs at game conference shows, "what does Nintendo need to do for you to make you port your game to the Switch".
  • Nintendo learned unity and unreal. Not to make games with. Purely to help 3rd parties using those 2 engines port and make games for the Switch.
  • Nintendo streamlined the approval process for games coming to the Switch.
  • The developers really like the Switch SDK.

Stuff like that is what we want to be hearing. it's very good news.

Reactions: Aku

Jamie

I'm not sure how you can say with so much certainty that the console is doomed but whatever.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Considering Nintendo doubled the production rate of Switch consoles at the end of last month due to the high demand, and it's still selling out everywhere, I find it blatantly obvious that The Switch is doomed because lol

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
I'm just a little worried about the performance of it right now... They NEED to give it a game to come with, too

Jamie

Nintendo's notorious for underproducing its merchandise and creating artificial shortage. It could be selling out because it hasn't met its initial demand yet. I think it's too early to say whether or not its doomed for sure. I'm going to reserve judgement for the future once they get past their initial demand to see how good it sells.
It's doing fine atm. All reports have it being the fastest selling console in Nintendo history over the first few days, and they have a planned 10 million for the first year and are likely to go over that. I think it'll outsell the Wii U in the first year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom