• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Substitutes-- Sign Ups

I've never written one of these sign-up stories; sounds like fun! (I hope people sign up ::cool: Here's the plot so far:

----------------------------
There was an old prophecy that spoke of a party of heroes slaying fearsome Rharg the dragon. It spoke of eight brave companions, describing them in great detail. It was only because of this precision that Raye recognized them for what they were when she found them buried under a rockslide on her way home to her family's mostly isolated mountain home, bringing water from the stream.

The hero, a knight, had been the most defined of the bunch--the prophecy laid out very neatly how the sun would glint off his silver-armored hands as he drove his spear into the dragon's heart. Hands. Specifically two. Unfortunately, a boulder had crushed one of these hands; it didn't look like fate had anything on Rharg anymore.

But Raye, as well as everyone in her village had a bone to pick with the beast. They were located rather close to his cave, and they had lost several members to his nightly rovings over the years. Four of the hero's companions were well enough to travel, and a lot of their weapons were sill in good shape. Raye and three others from the village didn't see why the party should stop now, when they were so close. Waiting for another party of heroes that fit the prophecy would take such a long time, too.

So, after some discussion, eight companions set out from the village to go kick some dragon, four of the original eight and four from the village. Eight well-armed people against one dragon... a dusty old scroll couldn't tell them that they couldn't win, right?

But the dusty old scroll knew something that they didn't. Fate was well aware of the shadowy man with the cold laugh who sent the dragon out on raids to test the limits of his powers...

-----------------------------------

No clue what will happen here, but sign up and we'll see! You can be one of the four villagers, one of the four adventurers, a bad guy, or someone else. The numbers are more suggestions than absolutes; our party can be as big as we want it to be. The villagers live in isolation because they are too awesome to hang out with the rest of society, so don't think making your character a villager is uncool (they can have magic, special fighting abilities, whatever, too).

Here's the bio for you to fill out (hope I didn't forget anything):
Name:
Appearance:
Personality:
History:
Skills:
Aspirations:
Affiliation (hero/villager/etc.):
Other:

NEEDED :

bad guys and villagers

Villagers can be cool! They have a monk up there who teaches people martial arts (see Raye's bio)!

Here's my bio for Raye:
Name: Raye
Appearance: short brown hair and brown eyes, wears a short aqua blue dress/tunic and black pants.
Personality: kind, mater-of-fact; sets fear aside when she must.
History: Raye's mother came from a bustling city and was always full of stories of magicians and merchants and visiting nobles, so Raye is very curious about the outside world. Her older brother went to a city to study, and she was always determined to do something similar. This adventure is the perfect opportunity for her.
Skills: Since she lives in a mountain village in a fantasy world, she has basic wilderness survival knowledge and some skill with knives and bows. Also, there is a monk (think "Final Fantasy" not "Friar") who lives in her village to get away from society, and he has taught a lot of the villagers, including her, martial arts.
Aspirations: Wants to see more of the world
Affiliation (villager, hero, etc.): Villager
Other: likes cats

Last edited:

Raindrop14

Soldier for Christ!
Woo, first one to sign up!

Name: Dantay
Appearance: Short blue hair(like this: http://neoayato.com/Shop/images/chronocross_b3_screen024.jpg), red eyes, sort brown pants, white shirt with brown over shirt, dark brown boots.
Personality: good to people, smart, doesn't fall for things so easily.
History: Has a sister who he teases and is a good fighter.
Skills: Is quick thinking
Aspirations: what do you mean by this? I looked up the definition and it says something that has to do with lung surgery.
Other: One of the four adventurers. (can he have a crush on the main?[just to make things interesting] You did say the Raye was a girl)

I've decided to make a male character this time, even though I'm a girl. How many characters are we allowed to make?

Keyari

翼のエルフ
Let's see...

Name: Tekara
Appearance: Black hair pulled back in braids, black tank top, jeans shorts, and black leather boots.
Personality: Quiet, caring, and is very fierce when fighting.
History: Mother died when she was little, Father looks over her and her three brothers. Lots of training from her brothers
Skills: Skilled with twin curved daggers, and a bow as well.
Aspirations: To explore the world and see what it has to offer her!
Other: One of the four adventurers!
Affiliation: Hero!

Hope you can use her!:D

Last edited:

Sabel27

Advanced Ocarinaist
Name: Hmmm... let's go with Eden.
Appearance: Tall and thin, blue eyes, long light brown/dark blonde hair put into a side braid, purple, white, and black color scheme for her outfit (You decide what it looks like ^^)
Personality: Kind and caring, can be shy at times, never backs down and is very brave.
History: That will be up to you ^^
Skills: Very skilled with the sword, but is humble about it.
Aspirations: To do whatever she can to help, no matter how hard.
Other: One of the four adventurers

By the way, aspirations used in this context means a strong desire, longing, or ambition. ;)

Last edited:

amaterasu

Writer
Name: Chailyn Kami
Appearance: Long brown hair and deep brown eyes, t-shirt and skinnies, sneakers or boots
Personality: Sweet, Caring, hates to see animals hurt, loves to help
History: Amaterasu grew up near a horse farm and went there daily to help with the horses. As a reward, she was given a horse, and the boarding costs were kept down while she worked
Skills: Horseback riding, archery, able to tell lies really well
Aspirations: To find the perfect match (bf)
Other: If possible, seh has a horse named Susan, who pretty much looks like Epona only with blonde fur instead of brown and no feathers on her hooves. (feathers are what the fluffy fur near a Clydesdale's hooves are called)

Last edited:
Wonderful! Thanks for signing up, everyone!

Yes yes, and yes; Dantay can have a crush on Raye, and Amaterasu can have a horse. If anyone wants to make another character, feel free.

I forgot to add this to the bio:
Affiliation (villager, hero, etc.):

Amaterasu, would you mind changing your character's name ever-so-slightly, to something like Amerasu, Amateru, etc.? You've got a great character, but I'd rather she didn't have the same name as the main character from a popular game. Thanks!

Here is Raye:

Name: Raye
Appearance: short brown hair and brown eyes, wears a short aqua blue dress/tunic and black pants.
Personality: kind, mater-of-fact; sets fear aside when she must.
History: Raye's mother came from a bustling city and was always full of stories of magicians and merchants and visiting nobles, so Raye is very curious about the outside world. Her older brother went to a city to study, and she was always determined to do something similar. This adventure is the perfect opportunity for her.
Skills: Since she lives in a mountain village in a fantasy world, she has basic wilderness survival knowledge and some skill with knives and bows. Also, there is a monk (think "Final Fantasy" not "Friar") who lives in her village to get away from society, and he has taught a lot of the villagers, including her, martial arts.
Aspirations: Wants to see more of the world
Affiliation (villager, hero, etc.): Villager
Other: likes cats

I hope nobody's character needs lung surgery XD. What I meant by "aspirations" is what does your character aspire to; what are their goals in life? Does your character want to prove that girls can use swords? Does your character want to avenge someone's death? Does your character want to find the legendary Gem of Whatsit that the dragon was said to have stolen? Does your character not really care about stuff like that and maybe just wants to have a fun life? Etc.

amaterasu

Writer
Wonderful! Thanks for signing up, everyone!

Amaterasu, would you mind changing your character's name ever-so-slightly, to something like Amerasu, Amateru, etc.? You've got a great character, but I'd rather she didn't have the same name as the main character from a popular game. Thanks!

I hope nobody's character needs lung surgery XD. What I meant by "aspirations" is what does your character aspire to; what are their goals in life? Does your character want to prove that girls can use swords? Does your character want to avenge someone's death? Does your character want to find the legendary Gem of Whatsit that the dragon was said to have stolen? Does your character not really care about stuff like that and maybe just wants to have a fun life? Etc.

or, i could use my other character name, Chailyn!

Caeda

Keyblade Master
Name: Cecilia (goes by Lia)
Appearance: black hair and caramel eyes; wears a black shirt and cape; black pants and black boots
Personality: has a teasing, but serious personality
History: she never gets into it
Skills: ridiculously good at sword fighting.
Aspirations: noone knows
Affliction: neither good of bad, just self preserving (You can do alot with characters like these)
Other: if you need more answers, just pm me and I'll tell you stuff

Perfect, everyone! I'll get to work. Sorry about the delay. I'll post something soon.

There's still plenty of room, peoples! Feel free to join!

HM :( The school year has come around again, and I am quite pressed for time. Does anyone REALLY REALLY REALLY want me to write this?

pizzavato

B*RS
Name: starlight
Appearance: bright tan skin, large sky blue eyes, short black hair, wears a blue gi with 3 red stripes on the right shoulder down to the breast, cloth arm bands, bare foot, red cloth belt, brown monkey tail
Personality: brave, confident, short tempered, kind
History: a saiyan with no memory of her origin, she came to earth struggling with survival but soon came to another saiyan named goku. after training with goku, starlight was able to learn his skills, although she never reached any super saiyan level, so she relies on the kaio-ken for power. starlight now travels through many towns and villages, competing in fighting tournaments for money
Skills: (ki abilities) kame-hame-ha (energy beam attack), meteor combination (punishing physical attack that finishes with kame-hame-ha), kaio-ken (skill that powers up the user up to 20X), genki-dama (japanese for spirit bomb, a super powerful skill that only targets evil)
Aspirations:
Affiliation (hero/villager/etc.):
Other:

~Mizuki~

ALWAYS LEAVE BOX 5 OPEN
Name:Ashie
Appearance: Dark black coat that covers her face, and a short black dress(I mean really short like Hatsune Miku's), has sliver hair and yellow eyes
Personality:nice, friendly, powerful, and calmed most of the times
History: Ashie has been lonely for her life because of what happen to her.
Skills:can use magic like, light, dark, ice, and fire
Aspirations:
Affiliation (hero/villager/etc.):hero
Other: Has 2 staffs that are Black and white

Nayrulinkx

Japanese Wannabe
Name: Uzaou (last name : Alchey.)
Appearance: Wears a blue hat, medium sized sideburns, 5 6", scarf, no injury whatsoever.
Personality: Kind, but can be arrogant at times, very friendly.
History: Uzaou is a villager, his family was killed, and he takes secret training as an alchemist.
Skills: Uzaou is a experienced Alchemist.
Aspirations: Wants to kill the dragon who killed his family.
Affiliation (villager, hero, etc.):Villager
Other: Tries to work on his own, but sometimes needs help.

Hope this character can play a role in the story! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom