• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda The Stupid-looking Characters of Zelda

Do you like the stupid-looking characters?

• Yes! How could i ever say no!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No!!!!!!!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Zelda-Rocks

The King of all Rocks
This has been a thing that bugs me the most about Zelda. Most of the NPCs look terrible. Link, Zelda, and a few others look normal, but then there are the ones who are abominable and not at all realistic. Like the potion brewer from SS, the huge-headed bald guy from WW, Groose was pretty close to terrible and more zeroed in around ugly. His lips were brownish and his eyes were just plain stupid. I hope that Nintendo improves their character design soon, 'cause the ugly characters are seriously throwing off the heroic feel of the game.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I like the ugly characters though D:

The most notable odd looking character to me is the carpenter's son from OOT/Grog from MM. I have never met anybody that pale before.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
Odd? Yes. Stupid? No.

I like characters like Rupin and Grog, because their look is part of their character and fits them so well. Needlessly stupid looking characters kinda set me off though.

Salem

SICK
I liked the weird or stupid looking characters of the Zelda series, it has a charm to it.

Dragoncat

Twilit wildcat: Aerofelis
Groose's gold eyes kick butt.

My opinion? It's more realistic. Not everyone can look like a barbie/ken doll. If all girls had perfect curves and all guys had six pack abs, how boring would the world be?

That being said, I do notice that some of the NPCs look pretty stupid, like Tingle...but there are plenty that look normal. Not necessarily drop dead gorgeous, but again, it adds a bit of realism. I think Pipit is freakin adorable with his freckles, for example. He wouldn't be him without them. That can go both ways, I can't imagine Tingle with a more normal appearance.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I, too, am getting tired of these freakshows that people call characters. Groose was actually pretty normal bar his eyes - he had that "punk" air around him completely and it showed. But Ghirahim, he was more like a freak of nature...or more precisely, hellspawn. Now, I'm not asking for character design to reach that of, say, Battlefield or whatever, but I do want characters to be unified and not ridiculous. Like, the Goron race obviously is going to look different from humans/hylians, but there's no reason for one human/hylian to look like a clown (Falbi) and another one to have this ridic gut and crazy painting (Fyer).

361834-449px_tp_cg_falbi_copy_large.jpg

Just...get a more unified appearance. You don't have to be a bunch of grey blobs (Fairly Odd Parents reference ;) ), but nothing completely drastic. Q_Q

I like the stupid looking characters. They make me laugh, and add a humor aspect to the Zelda games. I thought Twilight Princess had a lot of those types of characters. For example. PostmanBox.png and 00057.jpg I also laugh at Coro's hair with all the birds in it.

ThrawnTheater

Hylian Grand Admiral
Not really. If there were a middle option, I would've chosen that. I don't mind too many of the characters appearances that have been discussed so far, except for Fyer... ugh. Seriously, it seems as though they tried to make him look as repulsive as possible. However, I really have no problem with Groose's appearance. Cawlin and Stritch looked pretty ridiculous though. As far as Rupin, I see him as a REALLY bad Chinese stereotype.

Also, I found Orielle and Karane both to be pretty normal and cute looking. Now that I think of it, seems as though the female NPC's get a bit better treatment than the males. The only female NPC I can think of that is rather appalling looking is Telma. As far as more good looking ones, you've got Malon, Anju, the Gerudos, Ashei, and Hena.

PapilioTempesta

Tots Som Pops
I don't usually mind strange-looking characters, they are quite enjoyable - unless they are plain stupid and I'm forced to talk to them repeatedly: Tingle, the cannon man from TP and his associate cucco fruitcake. Also, it's not right that there are so many odd male characters, and not so many female (I can only remember the bug princess and the boat lady, both from TP). Be fair, Nintendo! Either put some more female weirdos, or give us more normal, interesting, sexy guys!

btw, I never realized that Groose had golden eyes. this plus his bright red hair, could he maybe have something to do with a whole race of red haired, golden eyed warriors? ;)

Dragoncat

Twilit wildcat: Aerofelis
btw, I never realized that Groose had golden eyes. this plus his bright red hair, could he maybe have something to do with a whole race of red haired, golden eyed warriors? ;)
Some people theorize that he's the ancestor to the gerudo race, but idk. The gold eyes might just be a recessive gene, which is reinforced in my headcanon. As everyone in my Stormy Skies RP knows, Groose's son gets the eye color of his mother: green. Red hair, but that comes from both parents. He doesn't get to hook up with anyone from the actual game btw, my OC fits better with him than any of the available canon females.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom