• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The State of ZD Mafia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
Perhaps we should just dump the queue and restart completely fresh, with of course someone like DekuNut having priority in the new queue since he's been waiting so long.

If we split the queues, I'm in favor for a single thread and then people specify in there posts what type of game they want to run. We list the individual sizes in order to distinguish. So one list is micro, one is mini, one is regular, and one is large. Thoughts?

I've given Jamie and Johnny the mod perms for this section.

Reactions: Dan

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
I like the single thread idea, but it could get convoluted and could lead to a bit of a bystander effect between you and Jamie as it relates to keeping the queue updated. Having your own separate threads divides the responsibilities better (you take care of one queue, and Jamie another, while the three of us can still update each other's queues incase one of you two gets busy or is away).
Either way will work, just comes down to how you two want to present the queue and be presented with requests. You two will be doing all the heavy lifting, so its whatever you're comfortable with.

As for the split, we can queue Micros and Minis together, and Regular and Large together. Queue 1 (Micro and Mini) will be curated separately from Queue 2 (Regular and Large). Johnny could look after one queue and make sure the mods are going in order and making sure games start on time, and Jamie could look after the other.

Getting back to the frequency of games, what can we agree on? I was hoping for one regular/large game at a time, and 2 micro/minis at a time.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
I like the single thread idea, but it could get convoluted and could lead to a bit of a bystander effect between you and Jamie as it relates to keeping the queue updated. Having your own separate threads divides the responsibilities better (you take care of one queue, and Jamie another, while the three of us can still update each other's queues incase one of you two gets busy or is away).
Either way will work, just comes down to how you two want to present the queue and be presented with requests. You two will be doing all the heavy lifting, so its whatever you're comfortable with.

As for the split, we can queue Micros and Minis together, and Regular and Large together. Queue 1 (Micro and Mini) will be curated separately from Queue 2 (Regular and Large). Johnny could look after one queue and make sure the mods are going in order and making sure games start on time, and Jamie could look after the other.

Getting back to the frequency of games, what can we agree on? I was hoping for one regular/large game at a time, and 2 micro/minis at a time.
That sounds good, but also johnny and I should coordinate and hold games off depending on certain circumstances. Ex. A large game with 25 people, maybe only one micro/mini.

I know you guys are in the midst of discussing the future of Mafia, but when do you expect sign ups for the next game to go up?

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
I know you guys are in the midst of discussing the future of Mafia, but when do you expect sign ups for the next game to go up?
Probably within a couple weeks I'd imagine.

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
That sounds good, but also johnny and I should coordinate and hold games off depending on certain circumstances. Ex. A large game with 25 people, maybe only one micro/mini.
I like that. You guys can do that at your own discretion I guess, rather than ask for the communities input to limit a queue once or twice in a blue moon, just go for it, so its more streamlined.

As for queue rules, keep them the same as the current ruleset? We can just add the addition of stating whether the game is a micro/mini/regular/large and have the player numbers/size numbers designated in the OP.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
So is the queue being restarted completely then? If so, I'd like my game to be brought back to near the top of the list if possible. It's a larger game.

Also, Deku, I think it's just fair for you to be at the top of the queue, followed by Jamie if he wants to restart his game.

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy

We'll jump on that ASAP.

So is the queue being restarted completely then? If so, I'd like my game to be brought back to near the top of the list if possible. It's a larger game.

Also, Deku, I think it's just fair for you to be at the top of the queue, followed by Jamie if he wants to restart his game.

That would be fair. I think we'll probably try to get in touch with people on the current queue and and see what they want to do about their games.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
I'll save you the PM and say, if we have the numbers, I'm still in. If we don't get 22 though, I'll change my theme, because some of the mechanics are based around the number of characters.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
That would be fair. I think we'll probably try to get in touch with people on the current queue and and see what they want to do about their games.
I'd like to keep my game where it currently is on the queue. That way it'll likely start during the summer when I'm not busy with school. Deku and Jamie are still ahead so they can go first. :)

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
It'll be my first large game (MTG Mafia doesn't count because it was so gimmicky), but hopefully having it be two years in the making (as of this coming Friday) will make it good. Thanks for saying I play good though!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom