• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Spoiler Free Pledge

Triforce King

Pathfinder for life
Thank you 425, for pledging I hope that you will continued to be spoiler free

Thank you Ice Sage, may the power of the Triforce be with you.

Im glad I can help you with this Medli, Thank you and stay spoiler free

Last edited by a moderator:
I hereby pledge that I, Fred Flintstone, will be a honorable Legend of Zelda player, I will be spoiler free from all the current and future Zelda titles to come, My courage is like a light that guides me through the night, I will not give up and I will not fail, this I swear on the Triforce powers of wisdom, courage, and power and also The Legend of Zelda itself.
I also vow that I shall get no help from any source on this game once I get it; I shall complete the game all on my own.

LOL. I Won't touch that section of the forum or even watch nintendo released trailers. In gameinformer I read the retrospective things and then closed thee magazine when it got to the SS part. Even the pictures used as avatars on this site bug me. I want it to be as new and great as it can be. This is hopefully be my favorite game ever seeing people say its better than OoT and it is still my favorite. I wish I could of had an experience with it like I will be having with SS in 4 days. If I am remembering properly I was 5 when OoT came around to my household and so little of the game I worked out on my own and it disappointing me that I never experienced the best game ever with personal accomplishment at first. (That could have been worded better but I think you get the point) SS will be an experience that I will be selfish with. (hmm, I just remembered that SS also stands for secret police)

Triforce King

Pathfinder for life
Thank you,Fred Flintstone :lol: and I know right. I cant stand the pictures either, it just that you want to find out the characters, for yourself. and thats cool you add on to it. Very nice.:yes:

Last edited by a moderator:

Kappa

Black Cat Royalty
I hereby pledge that I, Fred Flintstone, will be a honorable Legend of Zelda player, I will be spoiler free from all the current and future Zelda titles to come, My courage is like a light that guides me through the night, I will not give up and I will not fail, this I swear on the Triforce powers of wisdom, courage, and power and also The Legend of Zelda itself.
I also vow that I shall get no help from any source on this game once I get it; I shall complete the game all on my own.

LOL. I Won't touch that section of the forum or even watch nintendo released trailers. In gameinformer I read the retrospective things and then closed thee magazine when it got to the SS part. Even the pictures used as avatars on this site bug me. I want it to be as new and great as it can be. This is hopefully be my favorite game ever seeing people say its better than OoT and it is still my favorite. I wish I could of had an experience with it like I will be having with SS in 4 days. If I am remembering properly I was 5 when OoT came around to my household and so little of the game I worked out on my own and it disappointing me that I never experienced the best game ever with personal accomplishment at first. (That could have been worded better but I think you get the point) SS will be an experience that I will be selfish with. (hmm, I just remembered that SS also stands for secret police)

This was a very interesting reply. Look out, Ganon's Secret Service is out to get you!! Sorry, would've used the SS villain, but now that would be a spoiler, right?

This was a very interesting reply. Look out, Ganon's Secret Service is out to get you!! Sorry, would've used the SS villain, but now that would be a spoiler, right?

Well but nintendo has already ruined that for us haven't they... unless there is a twist like in tp, wait don't tell me.

I hereby pledge that I jstar will be a honorable Legend of Zelda player, I will be spoiler free from the current Zelda title to come, My courage is like a light that guides me through the night, I will not give up and I will not fail, this I swear on the Triforce powers of wisdom, courage, and power and also The Legend of Zelda itself. Now every time I/B] feel daunted by Spoilers, I'lljust look back at this Thread to sum up the courage to resist it

!!!there should be a badge with this!!!

Some websites have some restraint, that is to say their spoilers are more regulated than others. IGN for example shows just enough, and the info given usually does not reveal any major plot points and such before a game is released. I believe those sites (like IGN) have some kind of policy in place regarding such things as spoilers in their articles, videos, etc. There does not appear to be anything in place to prevent spoiler comments (for obvious reasons).

Forum sites such as ZD don't typically have any sort of measure in place to mitigate spoilers, per se. However, there is usually some kind of measure to help users who wish to avoid them - like the Spoilers Policy. This policy ensures that a Spoilers prefix is placed in front of the title of a thread which contains important details about a game that has yet to be released - in this case Skyward Sword. There's also the spoilers tag.

What's unfortunate is the users who feel the need to release every bit of info - video, etc - about Skyward Sword every chance they get; usually in the form of an entire thread. I'm well-aware there is no rule against it - so long as said users employ the Spoilers prefix. However, just because there is no rule against it does not mean have a field day and post spoiler after spoiler, especially videos, for no reason. The urge to look at such things is already strong enough without so many of them being posted every five minutes. This kind of thing has been occurring a lot recently upon the release of Skyward Sword, which is no more than a few days (for most). Some users have been posting spoiler threads containing videos with a vengeance. I don't know if it matters much, but many of said videos contained pirated content, which is unfair to begin with, and perhaps some kind of temp-ban policy should have been implemented.

With that aside... This is by no means an attack on anyone or any site for that matter, and I hope it is not taken the wrong way. Instilled within me is a firm belief that we can all help each other avoid spoilers in some way - with those who don't mind being spoiled excluded, of course.

For Youtube... I fear there is no hope. lol

/end rant

Triforce King

Pathfinder for life
Well, well Wolf Sage. I gotta hand it to you. You got a well written reply. I agree with you and I'm well aware of the Spoilers Policy.I also agree with you, that there are a lot of people who think that just because they put the word Spoilers, give them the right, to go crazy on Spoilers, and you are right to say that it's really wrong for the people who are getting and showing the game illegal because not only that they are breaking the law but they are ruining it for everyone. I also strongly agree that we all can help each other avoid spoilers. Thank you for replying Wolf Sage, and good luck.:yes:

Some websites have some restraint, that is to say their spoilers are more regulated than others. IGN for example shows just enough, and the info given usually does not reveal any major plot points and such before a game is released. I believe those sites (like IGN) have some kind of policy in place regarding such things as spoilers in their articles, videos, etc. There does not appear to be anything in place to prevent spoiler comments (for obvious reasons).

Forum sites such as ZD don't typically have any sort of measure in place to mitigate spoilers, per se. However, there is usually some kind of measure to help users who wish to avoid them - like the Spoilers Policy. This policy ensures that a Spoilers prefix is placed in front of the title of a thread which contains important details about a game that has yet to be released - in this case Skyward Sword. There's also the spoilers tag.

What's unfortunate is the users who feel the need to release every bit of info - video, etc - about Skyward Sword every chance they get; usually in the form of an entire thread. I'm well-aware there is no rule against it - so long as said users employ the Spoilers prefix. However, just because there is no rule against it does not mean have a field day and post spoiler after spoiler, especially videos, for no reason. The urge to look at such things is already strong enough without so many of them being posted every five minutes. This kind of thing has been occurring a lot recently upon the release of Skyward Sword, which is no more than a few days (for most). Some users have been posting spoiler threads containing videos with a vengeance. I don't know if it matters much, but many of said videos contained pirated content, which is unfair to begin with, and perhaps some kind of temp-ban policy should have been implemented.

With that aside... This is by no means an attack on anyone or any site for that matter, and I hope it is not taken the wrong way. Instilled within me is a firm belief that we can all help each other avoid spoilers in some way - with those who don't mind being spoiled excluded, of course.

For Youtube... I fear there is no hope. lol

/end rant

I've had an idea for a while that would solve that dilemma. A 'Spoiler' sub-forum for new games. (after release I guess they could mix it back.)

Kappa

Black Cat Royalty
Uh, I think I'm going to have to take back my pledge, and its not even my freaking fault. I was reading the thread talking about whether Ghirahim should be in the next SSBB. Well, I get to one post and the guy had ZERO spoiler warning whatsoever, and bam. SS was ruined. Right then and there. Can't unread. Day ruined. Very sad. Ugh. :dry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom