• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Spoiler Free Pledge

Triforce King

Pathfinder for life
Hello and welcome to my Thread. My name is Triforce King, and I am here today to help you get over the urges of Zelda Spoilers. Believe me I know how hard it is to wait on a video game release date, especially the Zelda games with the beautiful art styles, amazing story plots, and well design characters. It's especially hard to not only, wait for the games, but to get away from Spoilers from gaming websites. For example, the sixteenth installment in The Legend of Zelda series.
Yep you know it, The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword. I feel like every time I blink my eyes, there's a news Post about Skyward Sword Spoilers. It's like you can't even get away, and it drives you crazy just thinking about it. There are also a lot people who work in those famous video gaming websites like IGN, GameTrailers etc. that play and review the video games before they come out. What drives me crazy the most is that now they are doing a Let's play Zelda Skyward Sword video on YouTube.
Seriously, do that make sense to show a Let's play video before the game comes out in a few day? The answer we all are looking for is no. That is why they are call Spoilers, because they can spoiled the story and the game rotten for you. It just that somethings I just don't want to know, until I play the game and find out for myself. So that’s why I made a Pledge, that we all can follow so that every time you feel impatient, every time you feel sad, every time you think you can't make it.
Look at this Pledge and remember what you vow. Now this is what I want you to do. I want you to say this on the comments below: I hereby pledge that I Your Zelda Dungeon username will be a honorable Legend of Zelda player, I will be spoiler free from all the current and future Zelda titles to come, My courage is like a light that guides me through the night, I will not give up and I will not fail, this I swear on the Triforce powers of wisdom, courage, and power and also The Legend of Zelda itself. Now every time you feel daunted by Spoilers, just look back at this Thread to sum up the courage to resist it. Thank you for reading my Thread, and good day to you all.

Lol. Lol. Lol. I really like it, but you made me laugh. I hear you, and finally somebody else is in my boat. I know next to absolutely nothing about Skyward Sword. No pictures, nothing. I've seen a few things, but when I found out your new instrument, I freaked. I didn't even wanna know we had one. So I'm with you, Triforce King. no spoilers.

~SkullKid~

~Mazuke~
Yea, I hate how every new post is a spoiler, I like being surprised so it will be more fun. Well, i'll post the pledge: I hereby pledge that I, ~Skullkid~, will be a honorable Legend of Zelda player, I will be spoiler free from all the current and future Zelda titles to come, My courage is like a light that guides me through the night, I will not give up and I will not fail, this I swear on the Triforce powers of wisdom, courage, and power and also The Legend of Zelda itself.

Last edited:

Ochibi

An enthusiastic nobody.
I hereby pledge that I, Ochibi, will be an honorable Legend of Zelda player. I will be spoiler free from all the current and future Zelda titles to come. My courage is like a light that guides me through the night, I will not give up and I will not fail, this I swear on the Triforce powers of wisdom, courage, and power and also The Legend of Zelda itself.

Done annnd done!
I really appreciate this idea; I'm such a sucker for spoilers, the past few months have been like--
Recently quitting smoking but you still have a cigarette in your hand. Not I smoke or anything, but that's what I imaging it to be like; unbearable.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
This is a good idea. And while I'm not spoiler free, I support this movement. Already I feel like I'm going to become less involved with the story of Skyward Sword, because I know what's going to transpire in pretty key areas. Mind you, I have forgone watching the very ending of SS, spiting that nigh unbearable temptation, in order that it doesn't turn predictable. That way at least how Hyrule came to be established will be a surprise altogether.

Rytex

Resident Netizen
I hereby pledge that I Rytex will be a honorable Legend of Zelda player, I will be spoiler free from all the current and future Zelda titles to come, My courage is like a light that guides me through the night, I will not give up and I will not fail, this I swear on the Triforce powers of wisdom, courage, and power and also The Legend of Zelda itself.

Now, I don't see listening to the music as a spoiler, so I do that.

Triforce King

Pathfinder for life
Thank you Ochibi, I hope this Pledge helps you in the future.:)

Thank you Thareous, and I know what you mean, it wouldnt be fun if you know every thing about the game.

Okay Rytex, good luck to you my friend.

Well It's okay skullkid, thanks for replying.:yes:

Last edited by a moderator:

DARK MASTER

The Emperor
the sixteenth installment in The Legend of Zelda series.

I honestly hate when people say this. My main reason for feeling this unpleasant way, is because it mentions the bread for Zelda, but not the butter. There is so many many Zelda games in between. However, I'll let it go this time. Other than that, great thread. You honestly did a rather nice job, and I hope the humans on ZeldaDungeon.net take great pleasure in enjoying this wonderful thread.

Sadly this is unless to the DARK MASTER. I've already spoiled this adventure. Don't worry, it wasn't because of a weakness that made this event take place, but rather I needed the information for my evil plans. I used it for my own benefit, like an evil master mind uses a person, or should I say puppet? Anyway, great thread and good day.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hero of…. #s, I guess
I have not read anything on Skyward Sword since the Game Informer preview, which is about the time things started getting spoiler-y. This has probably contributed to my mostly inactive state in the Zelda forums of this site, because though the spoilers are mostly in the designated forum, some of them seem to spill over into the other forums on the site and there is just a pervasive knowledge of information about the game throughout the site. However, I remain quite limited in my knowledge, only picking up small bits and pieces that I inadvertently discovered.

I hereby pledge that I, 425, will be a honorable Legend of Zelda player, I will be spoiler free from all the current and future Zelda titles to come, My courage is like a light that guides me through the night, I will not give up and I will not fail, this I swear on the Triforces of Wisdom, Courage, and Power and also The Legend of Zelda itself.

Kappa

Black Cat Royalty
I hereby pledge that I, Medli, will be a honorable Legend of Zelda player, I will be spoiler free from all the current and future Zelda titles to come, My courage is like a light that guides me through the night, I will not give up and I will not fail, this I swear on the Triforce powers of wisdom, courage, and power and also The Legend of Zelda itself.

Very well done thread, TK. I find it a little funny that I kind of will always have a sneak peak, as I am a Zelda character. But really, its getting sad how many people are spoiling the plot. I can't even describe the fun of beating WW for the first time because as it was my first Zelda game, I was no where near sure what would happen. Even as I go on to play Zelda, its still very fun, but nothing like the first time becasue the plot doesn't change. (well, as in the whole: "Ah! I'm princess zelda! I've been kidnapped for the 25th time!" "Mwahaha! I'm ganon" "Hiyaaaa!" (linkXD) and then "NOOOO! I was the most powerful being!" (Ganon) "LINK! THANKS FOR SAVING ME EVEN THOUGH I WILL OFFER ZERO REWARDS!") You know, the typical run. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom