• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Spirit Mask Shop

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
Welcome to the Spirit Mask Shop! Here I'll posts images of art to spread happiness! Just have faith!

To begin, I'll start with a new sketch I made today for @Satan I know @Dan @Deus and @Justac00lguy would probably want to see this too. I'm very proud of it.

Screenshot_20180625-154321.png

The next few sketches I did years ago, and decided I'd share because I recently found an old sketch book I had from 2012.

Screenshot_20180625-155050.png
Screenshot_20180625-155659.png Screenshot_20180625-155800.png

There you all go. In the future I'll add more art to this thread. Feedback would be appreciated. Also, @Link Floyd always asked me to post some artwork in the past. Well I finally got around to it! :P

Last edited:

Link Floyd

ᵒⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ʳᵘⁿ
Welcome to the Spirit Mask Shop! Here I'll posts images of art to spread happiness! Just have faith!

To begin, I'll start with a new sketch I made today for @Satan I know @Dan @Deus and @Justac00lguy would probably want to see this too. I'm very proud of it.

The next few sketches I did years ago, and decided I'd share because I recently found an old sketch book I had from 2012.

There you all go. In the future I'll add more art to this thread. Feedback would be appreciated. Also, @Link Floyd always asked me to post some artwork in the past. Well I finally got around to it! :P

Wow, you're very talented. :) Are you going to add any color at all in the future?

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
I've been keeping up with Linktober this year, here are my favorite pieces I've done so far.

20181002_165305.jpg

20181003_152631.jpg

20181008_164305.jpg

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
Huh, it's been 2 years since I've updated this. I have a few things I can add at a later time. But for now I leave you all with a really rough sketch I made in Krita where I was just messing with different types of pencil options. I might end up redoing this because it looks pretty whack as is.

Actually literally all I need to do is move him to straighten it out it looks fine, lol.

Rough Vehk.jpg

Last edited:

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
20210815_215623.jpg
It feels weird that I never actually followed up on Linktober after that year, although I wanted to. It is coming up soon. Maybe 2021 will be my next swing at it!

20210815_220516.jpg
I want to say I also did this in 2019 but I can't remember. I feel really strongly it was 2019 because I remember I drew this around Halloween and edited a witch hat on Ammy for the Halloween Avy comps that we do. In 2018 I was too occupied trying to stay on top of the Linktober prompts.

20210815_220310.jpg
I doodled this in early 2020. I remember it was right at the start of the pamdemic. I got off work to immedietly go home and since I couldn't go anywhere I just drew Jabun, then added the Hylian text, because why not?

20210815_221554.jpg
My Halloween drawing for last year. Doc and me did a Doc Jekyl/SMS Hyde pairing, so I just did my own take on Mr. Hyde.

20210815_222512.jpg
I never really finished this sketch because I drew it for the last year's Christmas Avy comp. I got this far and then edited a santa hat over him. I thought it was pretty clever, he did look like Santa with it!

20210815_224737.jpg
I drew this before Christmas 2020 along with a gift for @Mido.

20210815_223211.jpg
A Drawing Comp entry from this year. It did win, so thank you all!

20210815_230002.jpg
I started this sketch a few months ago but never finished it, and idk if I will anytime soon.

20210815_230608.jpg
Felt cute, might delete later.

20210403_182327.jpg
Drew this a few months ago for Easter. If you did the Gratitude Crystal hunt this was what you would have found at the end.

20210520_214506.jpg
This was the last sketch I did before Vivec earlier today. I did this for the Drawing comp. The theme was food, so my plan was a sort of manga adaption of a scene from one of the Attack on Titan OVAs. I never got around to inking it, and I don't have the proper pens to give it the look I would like. If anything I could maybe scan the sketch and get back to it on the tablet to get the desired look I want for it. I don't own a scanner though, sadly.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
vehk 2.jpg
I lowered the opacity of the original layer so I could do this new layer on top, and I used a fine point ink pen option. The lines came out ok I suppose, but I can do better. I need to build line confidence on the tablet, clearly. A few more tweaks need to be done as well just to make him look better before I move on to a stage where I start adding color.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
vehk 3.jpg
I think overall I'm satisfied with this layer. The left shoulder and the arm still looks weird, so at the very least I might redo just that but I'm content leaving everything else alone. Maybe I'll do some changes with the details on the face, but otherwise I think applying color is really close!

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
20210927_211904.jpg
I went ahead and signed this because I never did before.

This was one of my earliest drawings I made where I actually really started to feel like I was improving at art. I made this around the 5th-6th grade time range, and I remember drawing this because a friend of mine was letting me borrow his Batman Knightfall graphic novel (Part 1: The Broken Bat. This was still long before the entire stroyline was combined into a single volume). I remember really liking the line art and the light/dark contrast of the inking so much, it influenced me to do the drawing above.

Fun fact, I used a regular pen for the inking and then used watercolor paints, and it caused the purple from the ink to get runny and I remember freaking out and then smudged some of the purple on Scarecrow and that is what that purplish shading is. Not intentional at all but it kind of worked lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom