• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Skyward Sword- Evil?

arkvoodle

Diabolical
This is a little thought I had earlier.

We all know that the Skyward Sword Link uses is a girl, or a spirit of some sort. And that this sword goes on to become the master sword. This would mean, that the girl at some point would have to leave the sword, or die.

But look at my last point. Leave the sword...

This is where it hit me. *WHACK*

What if, the spirit inside the sword, is actually evil. That she was trapped inside the sword for a reason. Maybe the first ever Seven Sages sealed her within it as a way to control it's evil.

Could it be, that Adelle/Zordiana/some other name, was actually the evil plaguing Hyrule?
She could have been the originator of all of the enemies and evil things. She could be a diety, much like Majora, who was worshipped by people, only to be trapped by the good in the world to prevent her from damaging the world with it's evil?

Throughout the game, it could be coaxing Link to help it escape, and Link, unaware of the evil inside, thought that he would help her, being the good hearted soul he is.

She could trick him into gathering something like gems...etc in order to free her, and at the end of the game, Link would have to use the empty Master Sword to defeat her. It could be infused with power or something, that allowed Link to defeat her.

This would explain why the Master Sword can slice through darkness, defeat evils and destroy enemies with one slice.

Share your thoughts on my theory. I appreciate any feedback. :)

Wow.

That's a pretty cool idea for the story.

I doubt thats it though, just because its slightly unoriginal, im really hoping that it will be more original than that.

Thats a pretty cool theory though.

Peace Of Heart

Piece of Heart Collector
Wow.

I doubt thats it though, just because its slightly unoriginal, im really hoping that it will be more original than that.

It's unoriginal in the sense of the hero being led by someone who we considered a friend until the end of the game. But the rest is completely original in my opinion. I would love this storyline. it not only makes sense, but it's a clever way of showing how the Master Sword came to be. It would shock so many fans because it's not what we would expect from the Skyward Sword/Master Sword. The very sword that Link uses throughout the whole game.

Love this idea, very nice :).

All throughout TP I was waiting for Midna to turn against me even though I knew Nintendo wouldn't resort to that...I like the idea though and it is actually used in the great but underrated game Zack and Wiki and the Quest for Barbaros's Treasure. (spoiler alert?) You collect stuff for Barbaros and in the end he is the bad guy! But no, nintendo always tries to develop positive emotions with the helper character and this would definitely be a step backward. The girl leaving the sword will be in the same way that Navi, K.O.R.L., and Midna left (sad exit :()

arkvoodle

Diabolical
All throughout TP I was waiting for Midna to turn against me even though I knew Nintendo wouldn't resort to that...I like the idea though and it is actually used in the great but underrated game Zack and Wiki and the Quest for Barbaros's Treasure. (spoiler alert?) You collect stuff for Barbaros and in the end he is the bad guy! But no, nintendo always tries to develop positive emotions with the helper character and this would definitely be a step backward. The girl leaving the sword will be in the same way that Navi, K.O.R.L., and Midna left (sad exit :()

You're right there. I don't think Nintendo would pull off something like that. They always go for the sad endings. But maybe the sadness could come out of Link having to destroy her, the person who he thought was his friend.

Aero_Dynamic

エアロダイナミック
Interesting theory, Arkvoodle. It kinda sounds like Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days when Roxas has to fight Xion.
Though I do not "agree" with this theory. I want her to be a good friend for Link like Navi, Midna, and Ezlo.

Raven

Former Hylian Knight
hmm that could work, but I was thinking that she would be transformed, like a brittle sword being tempered into a tough and durable blade. If her personality is brittle as well (stressed out, irratable, tense etc.) it would make sense, the term applies for attitudes and metal ex. a sword. I think the SS in the concept art could have been looking the other way because she's lost her edge? or something.

Though you make a good point that she might transfer over from one sword to another. I'm really not sure how it'll work, but I'd rather the SS gets cracked in a fierce battle and then you lose and have to take the sword to the sages to be repaired or something...

Ninten*

BLOOOOOOOO
Woah. Even I wouldn't have thought of that. Or maybe the intro to Skyward Sword is similar to the intro in FS.

In FoS, Zelda senses that there is something wrong with the Four Sword. It turns out that Vaati had escaped. What if when Link went near the SS, the spirit escapes? So either she would trick Link into freeing her, or she states that she is evil and Link goes on a quest. Remember that artwork that they showed at E3 2009? In front of him, there was something that appeared to be a portal. What if Link managed to contain the spirit and that portal was a way for the sages to imprison her?

butterbiscuit

- Do Not Eat -
Interesting theory! When I originally read this, I though it was impossible, but I suppose there is a possibility they might do something of the sort. Usually when there's a "bad" character in a Zelda game, they make it look like it- i.e., Midna was composed of dark colors and didn't really look what you would call friendly. But, if you look at 'Zordiana', she doesn't really look either good or bad.

She doesn't have pupils and she looks a bit expressionless, though she does have whitish colors.

I'm guessing that she'll be good, but you really never know.

Cool idea! After I read your post, I had another idea about Skyward Sword girl being evil--maybe she's evil and, instead of trying to be Link's friend, they both know that she's evil, and Link has to keep her under control throughout the game. Would that be too much negative tension in a Zelda game?

M

Mechanical Gun

Wow.

What's unoriginal is having the same character defeat the same villain by sealing him away, only for him to escape again.

Djinn

and Tonic
The idea could have some added dimension to it though. There could be a few interesting ways to add some originality to the concept.

What is Link knows all too well the story of the spirit of the sword but needs her help anyway. While she is all too willing to help Link in return for her eventual freedom. Then causing a moral dilemma in Link causing him question his using an evil spirit for his own needs. Do his needs outweigh the evil the spirit has caused in the past? Is he right or wrong to unleash something like that to the world again even though it might help him on his quest at the moment? Is seeking the help of evil okay when there is another or even greater evil to be stopped? He could spend a lot of time on this subject and gain insight from many others on what should he do, maybe a little wisdom from a few other familiar characters and spirits that remember Adelle/Zordiana's past and can give Link a little more advise.

Secretly Adelle/Zordiana might be asking herself questions and doubting her convictions as well. What if this little mortal thing that she is using for her own freedom actually grows on her. Would she still want to turn on him when the time comes. Maybe she does not want to kill him and escape after all. But what would that leave her? What would she do?

arkvoodle

Diabolical
Secretly Adelle/Zordiana might be asking herself questions and doubting her convictions as well. What if this little mortal thing that she is using for her own freedom actually grows on her. Would she still want to turn on him when the time comes. Maybe she does not want to kill him and escape after all. But what would that leave her? What would she do?

I was actually pondering this earlier. If the Skyward Sword (Adelle/Zordiana) was to become friends, or even want to be more than friends with Link, what then? Would she go ahead with her plans? Would it not break her heart to kill him?

I was thinking that if she went ahead with her plans to DESTROY ALL*Cough* HYRULIANS, she could possibly become very guilty of having killed/seriously injured Link. Maybe even to the point of making her stop and destroy herself out of guilt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom