• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

A Link Between Worlds The Shocking Surprise at the Beginning...

Salem

SICK
... is That This Link is from the Dark World?

This is common knowledge by now, but Mr.Aonuma previously stated that the beginning of ALBW, there will a surprise twist that will "shock" players. Here's a link:http://www.zeldadungeon.net/2013/07/edge-interview-with-aonuma-about-a-link-between-worlds/

He also said at some point that the Dark World will have it's own Kingdom. Here's another Link:http://gengame.net/2013/08/eiji-aon...dark-world-kingdom-for-a-link-between-worlds/

Here's what I think, the surprise twist is that Link is originally born and raised in the dark world, not Hyrule, and you begin the game there. The dark world in this game may not be "evil" it might be corrupted in some way and Link has to travel to the Light World to protect it since it's his home and in danger of vanishing?

It's just a thought, what do you guys think?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hrm. Interesting. I've honestly been hoping that the surprise be that A Link to the Past is also part of the game cartridge. Like how Ocarina of Time 3D included a 3D Master Quest on a split title screen. Of course, if it's not and it's something relevant to the plot of A Link between Words or even a jaw-dropping plot-twist or cameo or whatever, I suppose that'd be fine. But as a devotee to A Link to the Past, I thought having a 3D version would be pretty cool. :> Though, I'm sure the game will have many surprises, some that may not be nearly as satisfactory as others. It'll probably end up being up to us to decide which of those surprises is The Great Surprise that Nintendo keeps talking about, which will probably be a debate never settled.

ILU

i luv u
It's possible. Really, I think something along those lines may be the "surprise," though I don't know about a Link from the Dark World being the protagonist.... perhaps something similar, such as that drawing style actually being this Link's true form, and he's able to exist in the other (3d) world via use of the bracelet/meter. Who knows. One thing that bothers me, though, is the fact that there is going to be a kingdom there. Kind of makes me think they're re-establishing what the Dark World is, and my Zelda Historian side is worried about the canonical repercussions of this "surprise". :/

The Omni Triforcer

Hero Of Time And Space
Hrm. Interesting. I've honestly been hoping that the surprise be that A Link to the Past is also part of the game cartridge. Like how Ocarina of Time 3D included a 3D Master Quest on a split title screen. Of course, if it's not and it's something relevant to the plot of A Link between Words or even a jaw-dropping plot-twist or cameo or whatever, I suppose that'd be fine. But as a devotee to A Link to the Past, I thought having a 3D version would be pretty cool. :> Though, I'm sure the game will have many surprises, some that may not be nearly as satisfactory as others. It'll probably end up being up to us to decide which of those surprises is The Great Surprise that Nintendo keeps talking about, which will probably be a debate never settled.
i was thinking the same thing it would be cool if a link to the past was added to it

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
Well he refers to the light world as the world Link lives in... So I don't see that happening unless Link was born in the Dark World and then moved to the Light World.

I'm still completely clueless as to what the big surprise could be. I'd like to have it relate directly to the story of ALttP but there's no telling wether or not that may happen

Well he refers to the light world as the world Link lives in... So I don't see that happening unless Link was born in the Dark World and then moved to the Light World.

I'm still completely clueless as to what the big surprise could be. I'd like to have it relate directly to the story of ALttP but there's no telling wether or not that may happen

VitaTempusN92

Hero of Time! The True Zelda Genius!
:facepalm: Um, no...just no. That wouldn't make sense since it is confirmed that this Link was born and raised in Hyrule. As Iwata clearly stated Hyrule as "the world Link lives in".

I think that the "shock" will be what link wish was at the end of ALttP and or why the dark worlds back

My thoughts exact.

Keeseman

Smash is Life
It sounds like you're saying that we would be playing as Dark Link... That wouldn't make sense, concerning what we've seen from the game (and the siggy above me, actually - it's pretty awesome, btw).

Besides, aren't all things in the Dark World evil...? Unless this "Dark World" isn't the one from aLttP, of course. If that was the case, though, the Dark World should have been changed back into the Golden Land...

I'm guessing that it'll be more like a cameo or something to do with gameplay. Mandy's idea sounds good, too. I hope they go with something like that.

Salem

SICK
:facepalm: Um, no...just no. That wouldn't make sense since it is confirmed that this Link was born and raised in Hyrule. As Iwata clearly stated Hyrule as "the world Link lives in".
It's always possible that where he currently lives in.

It sounds like you're saying that we would be playing as Dark Link... That wouldn't make sense, concerning what we've seen from the game (and the siggy above me, actually - it's pretty awesome, btw).
No, Dark Link doesn't even factor into my theory.

Night Owl

~Momentai
While it isn't implausible, I was actually thinking the surprise would be something else.
Perhaps something along the lines of, surprise the dark world didn't disappear as quickly as you thought.
Or maybe that ALTTP is included with ALBW. Or that maybe Ganon didn't die at the end of alttp.

There's probably a myriad of possibilities for the surprise.

snakeoiltanker

Wake Up!
If it were not for what has already been stated i would say this theory holds some weight, however he did say that hyrule "is the world link lives in".

Again as keesman said, i think we would be wrong to assume everything in the dark world is "evil" that was not even the case in ALttP. so the fact that a kingdom has risen there after the evens of ALttP does not surprise me one bit, there were still plenty of people living in the dark world when Ganon was defeated, we cant just expect them to live like animals for the rest of time! its only natural that a sort of Kingdom rose to form some sort of structure.

I dont really have a good idea as to what this "surprise" could be, but i do know im dying to play this game, and just wish this next 25 days or so would pass!

I think people are confusing dark and alternet, dark implies its evil while an alternet world could be good, evil or neutral, I'm pretty sure it isn't evil but may be getting taken over by it, and if this is the same dark/alternet world as in ALttP it has likely changed a great deal since ALttP.

The surprise will very likely be ingame and it could be anything, I'm hoping that ALttP will be included on the cartridge it would make sense considering that ALBW is its sequel.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Due to a quote from Hilda - [ilquote=Hilda] We need of a hero - and your Link is superb [/ilquote] - I think it's safe to say he's from Hyrule, as the way she's saying it refers to Hyrule's version of Link as opposed to her origin world, Lorule.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom