• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

A Link Between Worlds The Shocking Reveal at the Beginning of A Link to the Past 2

Unlucky Monkey

The Great King of Apes
deadlink.png

"This new title will feature lots of things that are new to the series; right at the start of the game, there’s a big surprise that will shock players." Eiji Aonuma

I know this topic was a bit discussed in the Rumour Thread, but, I think, this hot info deserves better. I hope I didn't miss another Thread discussing this news.

Well, what could Eiji Aonuma mean? He used the word "Shocking". Hope, this was not another mistranslation.

Is it possible, we will see a charming opening cinematic with the Hero of Time is getting finished by Ganondorf in the final battle of Ocarina of Time? Well, this would be, indeed, shocking. We all know this is the Decline Timeline if I'm correct.

What else could he mean by surprise or shocking? Maybe the same Link from A Link to the Past, Links Awakening and the Oracle Games returned to Hyrule and face again danger?

This new fact makes the game even more interesting for me. Would love to hear some theories from you.

Love the picture

I cant hazard a guess as to what the shock is apart form some in game proof of the third split occurring like you said. My only other guess would be some massive amount of retconning, this is the Link that likes to sleep and dream, maybe ALttP1 was all a dream too....

Good luck to all of those who don't want to know the surprise until you play the game. The odds of that happening are pretty slim.

Unlucky Monkey

The Great King of Apes
@Rutela

The dream theory is quite interesting. Never thought of that. Dreaming is a common theme in The Legend of Zelda. Like in Links Awakening or Phantom Hourglass.

@DKMac

Hey, welcome to the Internet :D
As a fan, I think it's impossible you will be seeing this shocking surprise when you start the game. Unless you avoid the Internet for the rest of this year ;D

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Hopefully they'll announce Link Uncle had a baby and that baby is the world's Link. Or maybe someone was murdered? <3

The Jade Fist

Kung Fu Master
Link is dead, and his wandering Spirit could not rest until his quest was finished, he inhabited a painting of himself in order to complete his work.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
As much as I don't like this idea...voice acting.

And just why would ALttP2 - a 2D title - be treated with the revolution that is voice acting? :right:

Seriously though, I don't think Nintendo has the guts to deliver VAing to Zelda just yet. After seeing Fire Emblem Awakening's cast, I'd love for my ex-favorite franchise to pick up after being in the dark for so long, but I don't think they can OR will. Not yet, and most certainly not with ALttP2.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
What if the surprise was the wind fish bringing marin to life and link is in shock.

If that were the surprise, I'd be mildly disappointed for three reasons:
1) I was lead to believe she was a figment of Link's imagination
2) I'm 99% sure she wouldn't be treated as a proper love interest
3) Unconfirmed love

snakeoiltanker

Wake Up!
If they were to go through and tell the whole story in their usual manner i would really like a Cannon (inb4, it is cannon HH said so),In-game reference to the hero of time being defeated. I got yelled at not too long ago about how if i dont want to accept the hero dying or what ever cuz it was never seen on even spoke of in a game. Im also hoping this is AFTER OoX and LA. So maybe the kindom of hyrule has abandoned Link, since hes been gone so long.

or.....and you all know me, maybe dark link is already there make us look all bad and what not HAHA, you know you see it coming!

Salem

SICK
If they were to go through and tell the whole story in their usual manner i would really like a Cannon (inb4, it is cannon HH said so),In-game reference to the hero of time being defeated. I got yelled at not too long ago about how if i dont want to accept the hero dying or what ever cuz it was never seen on even spoke of in a game. Im also hoping this is AFTER OoX and LA. So maybe the kindom of hyrule has abandoned Link, since hes been gone so long.

or.....and you all know me, maybe dark link is already there make us look all bad and what not HAHA, you know you see it coming!
maybe it was mentioned, I mean the impirisining war mentioned casualties and war of the knights vs Ganon, maybe the hero of time was seen as one of the knights of Hyrule who was slain in the war.

snakeoiltanker

Wake Up!
maybe it was mentioned, I mean the impirisining war mentioned casualties and war of the knights vs Ganon, maybe the hero of time was seen as one of the knights of Hyrule who was slain in the war.

hmm, fair enough, no one has ever came at me with that idea, good job Sroa!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom