• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Shaving Thread

Ninja

Well well well
You won't get a close shave with the oneblade. It is good if you have sensitive skin and it's quick. You'll look presentable after shaving with it but the hair will be back quickly. I recon you'd need to use daily to get the look you wanted with it.

Damn, it looks like a decent device however based off of what you said, I'll pass. I had a really great foil shaver, however it took a few passes to get smooth and the clean shave would only last for a day.

I used to wet shave with a cartridge razor (did Dollar Shave Club) but I kept having razor bumps and skin irritation so I switched to a DE safety razor and find that it works much better and doesn't feel like a rat gnawing on your face when you shave. The only downfall is that it takes me a bit longer to shave since there's more prep and clean up work involved and I don't feel that I get as close of a shave as I did before as trying to go against the grain causes me similar irritation. So for now I just go with the grain and across the grain and it turns out pretty well. If you decide to want to get into DE (or even SE) wet shaving I'd suggest heading over to /r/wetshaving on reddit and looking on the sidebar

Kit I currently use: (Maggard Razors) MR5V3 with Derby blades, badger brush, Proraso (Menthol Eucalyptus) shaving cream, alum block, and Limes & Bergamot aftershave

Hyrulian Hero

Zelda Informer Codger
Classic 76 Oster clippers first to hack most of the thick stuff off before going at it with a cheap cartridge razor. I know it's different for everyone but a disposable cartridge razor is cheap and work swell for me over thing that I noticed after starting to shave with a razor as opposed to just clippers is that apparently, before I was adopted at 3, I had gotten a scar that cuts vertically across the right side of my lower lip to my upper lip toward my nose. It was weird to notice that for the first time when I started shaving with a razor but I think it makes me look both less intimidating and a little BA so I don't mind shaving down to the skin. Last winter, I grew my beard out to probably 4.5 inches long so I've had a pretty full beard but my wife prefers I stay clean shaven so...I mean, I like making her happy. Only a week's stubble right now, which is probably a millimeter long.

Zonda

Meme Connoisseur
Shampoo makes a great lubricant to shave body hair with. Comes right off with no cuts.

Misty

Ronin
Whatever the cheapest razor in either section is with dollar store man shaving cream. I am inconsistent at best about my legs, armpits, and princess parts. I rarely shave in the winter or fall on the legs/downstairs. The armpits have been french lady tier before. I like them either way so it depends on if I'm trying to not be gross by modern standards.

I use cheap single blade dollar store disposables. I always shave after a shower and lubricate my face with hand soap, works like a charm except for my neck which seems to be more sensitive.

I only shave every three days or so and I don't go close, since I really pull off the "too cool to care" look.

dk902466

mamma mia
I trim, **** shaving I look like I'm 10.

Same here with the age drop, although I shave from time to time with a safety razor. My preferred shave cream is Taylor of Old Bond Street, but really anything works if it provides enough lubrication for the blade.

I also use a balm afterwards, so my face isn't so dry. Most guys I know use an aftershave with alcohol in it, but I hate how it makes my face feel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom