• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time The Shard of Agony and the Mysterious Sword.

Jedizora

:right:
Okay, So I'm sure many of us have seen the new shard of agony, that replaces the stonee of agony. It appears to be gotten from the temple of time, instead of the house of skulltula this time around. In the bottem of the photo, you see 3 swords to chosie from. Tow of them are obviously the kokriki sword, and the master sword. the Thrid one looks like a redisinged Biggions sowrd, so it looks like you get the Shard of agony fairly late into the game. But why would it show all three? Shouldn't it only show tow if adult, and one if child? Does this mean when your in the temple of time, you don't have to pull the sword, just push the bottem screen? Seeing how you get it in the ToT, does this mean it has plot signi***ance, and what replaces the stone of Agony in the house of Skultula?

ZeldafreakCJM

Hey there, it's me.
You got it a bit backwards. You see the picture that shows the "Shard Of Agony" is not an Item obtained screen, rather this is just what appears when you select the Shard of Agony in the gear menu. So you still obtain the Shard of Agony in the cursed Skulltula house in Kakariko. This however does not rule out the possiblility of extra content as their are two empty Item slots in the Item selection screen once you obtain all the items and there is still that shot of young Link in a forest temple like room.

you know i dont think you should make judgements on the game untill you play it youself and know for sure thats what happens

Mamfi1908

The New Guy
yes, it seems like they have redesigned the biggoron sword.
If you look closely you can see that the kokiri sword is sort of blacked out. so no, you don't get to push the bottom screen to pull out the master sword as a child. assuming that's what you meant.

oh, and you should go over your post and check for spelling fails before you post them =) Not to be rude! :) :)

Raven

Former Hylian Knight
I thought the same thing at first, but at the top of the screen there is the title GEAR, it's the items description again but from the equipment selection screen, instead of when you initially get it. GEAR is new text for the game so that's another new thing, and this item description system reminds my of MM, in that game you can get an items description by pressing a over almost anything in your selection menus. When I first hear about the Shard of Agony I laughed.

JamesBond007

Indigo Child
You got it a bit backwards. You see the picture that shows the "Shard Of Agony" is not an Item obtained screen, rather this is just what appears when you select the Shard of Agony in the gear menu. So you still obtain the Shard of Agony in the cursed Skulltula house in Kakariko. This however does not rule out the possiblility of extra content as their are two empty Item slots in the Item selection screen once you obtain all the items and there is still that shot of young Link in a forest temple like room.
Do you mean this item screen?

oot3d_menu02.jpg

There are TWO empty slots, but THREE items are missing - Fire, Ice and Light Arrows. To insert two extra items, Nintendo will need to use Wind Waker-like mechanics for magic arrows.

On the Gear screen, I haven't found any surprises other than new Shard instead of Stone of Agony.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Okay, So I'm sure many of us have seen the new shard of agony, that replaces the stonee of agony. It appears to be gotten from the temple of time, instead of the house of skulltula this time around. In the bottem of the photo, you see 3 swords to chosie from. Tow of them are obviously the kokriki sword, and the master sword. the Thrid one looks like a redisinged Biggions sowrd, so it looks like you get the Shard of agony fairly late into the game. But why would it show all three? Shouldn't it only show tow if adult, and one if child? Does this mean when your in the temple of time, you don't have to pull the sword, just push the bottem screen? Seeing how you get it in the ToT, does this mean it has plot signi***ance, and what replaces the stone of Agony in the house of Skultula?

This is just a screenshot of the quest items in the game. It didn't necessarily have to be from the actual finished cardtridge.

ZeldafreakCJM

Hey there, it's me.
Look closely around the bow and you will see three dots. One blue, one red, and one yellow. I think it is safe to say the bow works the same way it does in the Wind Waker, you know being toggled by the "R" button. So that still leaves room for two new Items.

JamesBond007

Indigo Child
It looks like the mystery is solved - indeed, they will use mechanics from The Wind Waker. In the original, we have 24 items on equipment screen. After removing the ocarina and magic arrows (they will go to different places), we have 20. After adding Iron and Hover Boots, we have 22. Because the remake still have 24 spaces for items, two of them are indeed, free. So, two new items should appear. But where and for what?

Master Sword13

thatjoshoverthere
Can I point out that there are also 4 different items already equipped to buttons? the longshot, bow, lens of truth, and megaton hammer. This would mean that the creators either weren't able to make as many slots as they needed, or something else is happening. If the four items are already equipped, and there are only two extra spaces, I don't know what to think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom