• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Sexuality Poll

what is your sexuality

• homosexual

Votes: 5 6.4%
  • heterosexual

Votes: 44 56.4%
  • bisexual

Votes: 16 20.5%
  • asexual

Votes: 7 9.0%
  • other

Votes: 6 7.7%

• Total voters

kokirion

Just like you. But cooler
Bi, I came out here and am still in denial in real life.

All the bi people should kiss though.
I used to identify as 100% heterosexual, but I was living in denial then. I always had suspicions that I might be bisexual, but I ignored them and told myself that I wasn't, because I was scared of what people would say and how I'd be treated.

I am now 100% confident that I am indeed bisexual. I'm still a bit scared to come out to the people I know IRL, but I have no problem saying it here. No point living in denial.
So in CCC, the percentage for guys is like 80%? :eek:
blasphemy, not in my group!! :senpaipls:

Bishop Rodan

Godslayer
Heterosexual. Admittedly, I could see myself making out with a really attractive guy (especially if I were drunk), but the thought of having sex with a man repulses me.

Emma

Eye See You
Site Staff
I know there's an existing scale for this. The Kinsey scale I think. But it only has seven levels, I don't think that's enough. It needs two more. Let's say a scale with nine levels. One to Nine. One being completely straight, five being purely bisexual, and nine being completely homosexual. Here's one I just wrote up now.
  1. Completely heterosexual.
  2. Mostly heterosexual with some stray considerations for the same sex.
  3. Emotional attraction with the same sex but with no sexual attraction to them.
  4. Sexual and emotional attraction to both sexes with a preference for the opposite sex.
  5. Completely bisexual.
  6. Sexual and emotional attraction to both sexes with a preference for the same sex.
  7. Emotional attraction with opposite sex but no sexual attraction to them.
  8. Mostly homosexual with some stray considerations for the opposite sex.
  9. Completely homosexual.
On this scale I'd say I'd be a 3. I can have strong attachments to males and can care a lot about them. But there is never any sexual attraction of any kind whatsoever.

It's something I first noticed playing video games that have relationship options in them. I prefer to play as female characters given the option, that means that you'd get mostly straight romances. And I never had any trouble connecting with any of those romance partners. And since it's a video game, sexual attraction really isn't relevant, emotional attraction is. I didn't think it was unusual until I talked to other people who said that being unable to do that was one of the reasons they didn't like to play as female characters. I started to notice it was the same for me in the real world too. I never put much thought into it. It's not enough to call yourself homosexual or even bisexual, but it's certainly not entirely heterosexual.

There can never be any real romance between me and an ordinary male, but I suppose this means I wouldn't have a problem dating a post-op male-to-female transsexual that started transitioning before puberty and therefore is mostly feminine in voice and appearance. But one too masculine I simply will not find sexually attractive and it'll just never work. I've thought a lot about this and did some experimentation to see where I sit and I'm very sure that is where I stand. At my age, 25, it's difficult not to be sure where you sit on the spectrum. By now you're out of the confusing era of teenage weirdness that clouds your mind.

Last edited by a moderator:

Skunk

Floof
I'm gay. I identified as pan for a while, but that probably wasn't the right thing to do. I was more or less open to anything, and through that I ended up at gay. Girls are nice, but I can't picture being a romantic relationship with one, much less one involving sex. I don't know enough people who are off binary or flowing through the binary to really tell if I could be in anything beyond a platonic relationship with them, but boys are another story. Like. Mmm, tho.

Aewon

Emperor of the Flesh-Eating Replicators
Pedo...

Just kidding!:crisis: I'm bisexual.

*is slapped for bad joke*

Currently I could sum it up as being an 8 on Matt's scale though much earlier in life I had emotional attraction purely with the same sex and sexual attraction with both sexes. At the time however, I didn't understand the concept of sexual attraction so I saw my same-sex attraction as simply admiration. In other words, I wanted to look like those who I were attracted to; Something I found to be a pretty common phenomenon over time.

Blue Canary

Your Friendly Neighborhood S***poster
I'm surprised its so split up. Is this normal or is this something that is linked to Zelda fans? I just ask because when I was growing up there might have only been 1-4 openly non-straight people at my High School of 1000( that I know of ).
This is also the internet. People are safer here. There were probably more non-straight people, but they just didn't say it or you didn't know them.

Stitch

Local Alien
If there is any near perfect label for me, it would probably be biromantic-heterosexual. I've never really had any sexual fantasies towards the same sex, but I could imagine dating a guy. I tend to be quite close to my guy friends anyway and probably wouldn't treat a girl I would date any differently than I do them already, aside from the whole sex thing if it would come to that of course.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Forum Volunteer
If we're going by that scale, I'd say I'm a 4. I'm not completely bisexual, as I tend to favour women, but sexual attraction to dudes does exist.

So ya, 4.

It's really interesting to me to know how many non-straight people there are here. I guess ZD's LGBT community is larger than I thought. It's nice to know that being bi isn't as uncommon as I originally thought it was.

Now, who wants to go be gay with me? :)

Although I identify myself as being heterosexual, I am also somewhat asexual due to the fact that not every girl turns me on. To be honest, I am not sexually aroused by naked or bikini bodies, but rather the kind, compassionate personalities of that one specific individual. There were times when I thought that I am completely asexual, but I have overcame that doubt thanks to the help of those who understood me. My ideals may not be mutually compatible with the rest of the world, but I nonetheless embrace that as being my unique trait.

As for those who identify as being any other sexuality, I am absolutely fine with that, and I will support their choices and ways by encouraging them to embrace, and not succumb to the despotic hetero-hegemonic society. I also have a few friends who struggle with their identity, usually due to their religious and environmental permissibility to being non-straight. In that case, I would usually act out their advocate, and I will neither hesitate nor back down to defend them and their rights.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom