• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Seventeenth Era Part II [RP Thread]

A brief plot summary--read this! Just do it!
The lineage Arefaens, a world-renowned family that owns a scientific corporation known across the world for its innovation, is at risk, dangerously teetering on the edge of failure. In his final days, the head of the corporation and the family writes his last will and testament--a letter comprised of, not who owns what, but the secret he holds closest to his heart. He leaves it in a journal and hides the journal in the family library, in a place where he is certain it will not be found for years. Three days later, he dies, leaving the power of the lineage open to any who would claim it--his son refuses to take control, and instead a man calling himself The Arbiter rises to power.

But his granddaughter is destined to wield that power.

Four years later, she finds the journal, reads the letter, and realizes its danger. Sick of her father's tension and harshness and suddenly aware of the danger of the secret, she arms herself and runs away--just as much to protect the secret as to escape. But out in the open, the secret isn't protected, and neither is she. She is kidnapped within mere minutes and taken to a strange facility beneath the town in which she lives.

Two days later, on April 16th, a group of five people--Shannon Wolfe, Sierra Emerson, Jack Rogers, Cyrus Larkson, and the mysterious Kira Castillo meet by sheer chance in a cafe. Jack senses that there's a presence below them, and realizes in little time that it is Melica, a girl who recently went missing. The group finds their way beneath the cafe and catch just a glimpse of Melica--tormented, starved, delirious with pain--before she's taken elsewhere and not a trace is left to follow.

However, Kira knows where she was taken. She guides the group to a scientific base beneath the town and they narrowly rescues Melica--the Arefaen heiress. However, she can't walk herself--her feet have literally been cut off, and she has nearly bled to death. After Cyrus agrees to do a blood transfer to her, Kira and Shannon use various parts and pieces to build rough mechanical feet for her, so that she can walk, at least for a while.

They agree that what happened, and why, is worth investigating. the group returns to Rocklow undercover.

After leaving them to their own devices for a time, Kira rounds the group up and takes them to the head of the facility, having no choice--but she does have a plan. To cause a distraction, Jack hits a button on the head's control panel and inadvertently causes the facility's self-destruct sequence to start--an explosion that is one of a huge chain that will wipe out much of North America's west coast for unknown reasons. Kira knew this would happen, and while the group was doing their own thing in Rocklow, she carefully infiltrated and recoded the matrix of the four control panels. There is barely enough time for the group to escape and evacuate the town, and for Kira to disengage all the explosions she can, before the one in Rocklow goes off. Although casualties were kept to a minimum thanks to Kira, she was among the fallen.

Before her death, she unhooked the bracer covering her left arm and gave it to Melica.

Her only command before death is that the group find a woman named the Inducer, saying she can help them. When they do find her, she knocks them unconscious and somehow administers 'enhancements' to them. She tells them of The Arbiter and of their mission--to gather allies to strengthen the Arefaen cause, and to retake the seventeen remaining bases, eventually defeating teh Arbiter so that Melica can take the power that is rightfully hers. Her kidnapping is just a small part of it--the secret plays a major role of the world's fate, but there are more pieces to the puzzle than anyone could guess.

The remaining bases are located in London, Barcelona, Munich, Dublin, Paris, Venice, Fairbanks, Quebec, Tokyo, St. Petersburg(the one in Russia), Miami, San Antonio, Las Vegas, Chicago, beneath the Great Bear Lake, within Death Valley, and on a Pacific island. Good luck, folks. Signup can be found here. Let's do this.

_____

The night was cool and calm, the wind a touch on the brisk side. Maybe it was just the altitude, or the adrenaline already in her veins, but Melica felt a bit lightheaded. Looking down through the glass panes of the skylights on the roof of the tall building, watching the party below--at least, she guessed it was a party. Seemed more like a high-tech Victorian ball, like soemthing out of a steampunk novel. Maybe.

Her life was freaking weird.

Glancing up and taking a look at the group once again, she swallowed her welling fear. " 'Kay. So it's a three-day festival, like TI told us. Tomorrow, we're going to get some of us in the party to try to chat it up with the bigwigs and get some information, while the others use the festival as a distraction and infiltrate the actual data storage so we can figure out exactly where the London base is. Yeah?" The plan didn't even make much sense to her, and she'd made up a pretty hefty chunk of it. Heck, she had a hard time remembering why they were even up... Right, to scope out the festival and get "costume ideas".

Still. It was really freaking high up.

((Oh Melica how I've missed your slangy grammar ^^ Era is finally up and running again, folks. Welcome back.))

masterSword2

Smile!
Reese was just finishing up for the day. He worked at a grocery store and was shelving some goods before finally heading home. Not that it was much of a home. A small apartment with paper thin walls and no AC. It was all he needed though, and it was far better than what he used to have.
"This job sure is boring. It's a miracle I even have it though, so I guess I shouldn't complain." Reese finished stocking the shelves, let the manager know he was leaving, and headed on home.
"I've got work all day tomorrow. Hopefully we'll have more customers than we did today. It would sure help to pass the time.." He made it back home and went straight to sleep, preparing for the long day ahead of him.

Kirito

I will never be a memory.
Peter was walking down a road twards the festival pausing only to light his lucky stripe smoke. "Hmm ironic I use lucky charms but my own luck is nearly nonexistant" he thought to him self as he snuck into the grounds of the fair.

(Finally up Im happy)

((*sighs* You can't just sneak into a high-security base holding a festival for the rich and influential, it's more complex than that. You need fake identification and good clothing, at least. Besides, tonight almost nothing is happening there, tomorrow in the RP I may let you in. I do, however, sincerely apologize for making you revise yoru plans so early on >>))

There are several manning the entrances of the building, and upon catching the slightest sign of activity, they raise their guns. "Who's there?! one of them shouts. "Answer me or I'll blow your head out!"

These guards are well-trained professionals--today is not a good day to try to sneak in. Besides, to the public there's not much happening in this building tonight. If anyone was nearby, they were either guests who were somehow five or six hours late or trespassers. The guards knew this and wouldn't' hesitate to kill.

Arbiter's orders, after all.

Kirito

"Hum like I said my luck is **** lately. Im of no concern to you i'll just be going now" He turns and leaves trying to figure a way inside.

(Sorry thought it was just like a town fair or something

((I really should have clarified that XD My bad, sorry.))

The guard rose an eyebrow, having heard no comment made about bad luck. Perhaps he'd just been mumbling. Muttering some rather rude things under his breath so that nobody could hear, he gestured for the others to lower their weapons and did so himself. Civilians could be such idiots.

He did track the stranger with his eyes as far as he could, though, just to make sure that he didn't try any funny business.

((*forgets about this random NPC guard*))

Kirito

Peter wanders around with no real direction. He happens to end up home where he starts to read. Just killing time till the guards change and he can steal an I. D. and some good clothes. He didn't know why but he wanted to get into that party

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
The city was a blur at night. Even through the haze of a slight buzz of alcohol, Kristine could see everything. Her body operated at a constant overdrive, the heat in it coursing like a high speed car. She kept her eyes locked on the roof of the building in the center of town as she drove towards it on her motorcycle, whipping in and out of traffic to get to the center of town. The research she'd done led to this. That Arefaen girl was supposed to be in town, and if she was, she'd lead her to this Kira person. Cyrus had been a friend and like her to boot, but after she learned about his death, she knew she had no choice. She needed to hunt down and kill whoever started this whole nanomachine program, once and for all.

Sirmat

*Blank* fears me.
((I am honestly surprised at how little I missed))

London. How beautiful was London? In Lucas' opinion it was fantastic, even if he could only see the apartments across the street from his, and despite the fact that half his window was covered by posters or blueprints, it looked great. "There have got to be better views, but this is worth every pence of the rent". Currently Lucas was tinkering with a small box and some gears attempting to make some sort of turning cube devise... well that was about it, but the satisfaction of making something on ones own far out weighed the need for usefulness. As he worked his mind started to wander from topic to topic, most importantly about the armed guards around the building across the street "They're definitely not policemen - that much is obvious - so what are they doing so heavily armed?". Unfortunately for Lucas, letting your mind wander when you should be working on a fine motor task usually results in something going wrong. In fact a gear came loose at surprising speed, hitting his wrist causing Lucas to jerk back, and land on the ground hard "Ough!" he exclaimed. Upon checking his wrist he saw it was just a bruise "Better to bruise something because of a gear, than to break something because of a gear". Making sure he was fine he returned the box.

Last edited:
((I know, right? Lol, I'm trying to get Silver, Ali, and VGN to post in the plot so we can get a move-on. Era in general has always been a rather slow-moving plot, I've found--it's risked dying more times than I can count, but slow and steady won the race.))

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
((I know, right? Lol, I'm trying to get Silver, Ali, and VGN to post in the plot so we can get a move-on. Era in general has always been a rather slow-moving plot, I've found--it's risked dying more times than I can count, but slow and steady won the race.))

>Says slow moving
>Forgets about the fact that the first month went too fast for me to keep up with the first part...

((Also when I saw St. Pete I was like "OMG THAT'S WHERE I LIVE!" but then you're like the one in Russia...

D:))

((Yes, the one in Russia XD And I considered using Anchorage for the one in AK, but the view is nicer in Fairbanks ^^

AND THAT WAS IN THE BEGINNING I MEAN DUDE
I WAS YOUNG BACK THEN
Still, it started getting reaaally slow XD))

Liam walks up to Melica. He grins evilly. " I'm back!" He says in a singsong voice.

((>> Did you read a single word up there? They're on the roof of a very tall building. Be already with the team, on the roof, and contribute to the RP properly, or do something on the ground without knowledge of the festival, although suspicions are allowed. Or I can kick you out, but I don't want to do that and I see no real need to as of yet.))

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom