• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler The Seven Sages

Maybe potential spoilers... It just dawned on me that Nintendo might be sneaking this one right under our noses. But let's just pretend for a moment that Breath of the Wild has it's own Seven Sages. If we assume they are in the game, who would they be?

Leader of the Sages - We already have Zelda, who would be the leader.
Sage of Water - Perhaps Mifa, that Zora girl who looks similar to Queen Rutela in Twilight Princess (presumably a descendant of Princess Ruto)
Sage of Fire - Darkel or Darukeru, the Goron. Could be a descendant of Darunia.
Sage of Spirit - That Gerudo looking girl ( do we have a name? ) may be a descendant of Nabooru.

Sage of the Forest - I'm guessing a Korok would take the place of Saria.
Sage of Shadow - If the old woman who's voice we hear in the trailer is Impa, we have the Shadow Sage. Sage of Light - Leaving Rauru... could it be the old man???

It's worth noting that the Seven Sages and bloodline descendants, only really made their appearances in Ocarina of Time, Twilight Princess, A Link to the Past (the seven maidens as descendants), A Link Between Worlds (might be another game or two I'm missing). The backstory of A Link to the Past, in the Imprisoning War, the Seven Sages are mentioned as having taken a role in sealing Ganon into the Dark World. In Twilight Princess, they are also shown to have sealed Ganondorf into the Twilight Realm.

Thoughts?

Last edited:
They made a fairly notable appearance in TP as well, so they're clearly not limited to the downfall timeline.
But I think BotW will have the 'champions' instead... six characters who are key to the sealing/defeat of Ganon, signified by their blue clothes.
Link and Zelda would be the first two, with the other four being the 'pilots' of the divine beasts... Mifa, Darukeru, and Reebal being three of these.

I'm open to that idea, given Nintendo is shaking the recipe up a bit and you could be right. Updated op, can't believe I forgot Twilight Princess.

If the Sages are in BotW, I wouldn't say it was Nintendo sneaking them in and it wouldn't surprise me at all since they have been part of a number of games like you said. With that I would also note they make an appearance in Wind Waker in Hyrule Castle as stained glass windows overlooking the Master Sword. I don't recall though if it was or wasn't mentioned about relationship to those sages and Makar/Fado, Medli/Laruto.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom