• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Seal/Imprisoning War

Ok so this could go in the other theorizing section but since this is very related to the timeline I thought I'd post it here.

What is the general thought on the SW (Seal War), the BS (Back Story) of LttP? Do you think it is OoT or do you think it isn't related to anything?

I've been having trouble deciding whether the SNES LttP manual or the GBA manual is canon. If the SNES manual is more canon then OoT really can't be the SW, but if the GBA manual is more canon then OoT could be the SW.

So post your opinions and such here.

ChargewithSword

Zelda Dungeon's Critic
Well the GBA version lacked the detail of the SNES manual so I believe perhaps the SNES manual makes better sense. In truth the GBA out does the SNES in graphical translation because the GBA can hold more memory. However back then, manuals were your source of story so I'd say the SNES is the canonical one.

I believe the Seal War to be FSA since it does make sense. Although the game doesn't describe the maidens as sages. The events surrounding it are almost perfect. The Knights of Hyrule make this theory tighter.

Replying to Smertios' post from the other thread. But it was off topic there so I'm replying here.
OK, please pardon me but I didn't understand what you meant here.

First, what FSA beta?
Second, please list the contradictions between the SNES LttP BS and OoT.
Third, Ganon was sealed at the end of OoT, SEVEN years after he got the ToP.
1) Go to ZU and look at threads Erimgard has made. He made one about deleted FSA text from the beta. FSA was originally meant to be the SW.
2) Ok I'll need to go in depth here. So I'll be using SNES Japanese manual
That is, until one day, completely by chance, the entrance to the Sacred Realm was opened by by a certain group of thieves.
Group of theives. The Gerudo. So the Gerudo and Ganondorf got to the SR.
The group began to push aside one another, changing the color of their eyes, and tried to pressed forward.
So the group began to fight.
After the bloody confrontation among comrades had ended, the victor was the leader of the group.
Leader is Ganondorf. So it looks like Ganondorf killed some Gerudo... wait that didn't happen in OoT.
The King of Hyrule called upon the Seven Sages of Hyrule, as well as the Knights to seal the source of this evil.
Hmm I guess the seven sages were awakened immediatly instead of after 7 years.
The Sages first had to search for the existence of the Master Sword and a hero to use it.
That implies that they didn't find a hero to use it.
However, the situation was urgent, and Ganon's malice was enclosing on the royal palace.
This one is important. It shows that Ganon has not taken over Hyrule yet.
Using the most of their powers, the Sages and Knights threw open a heroic battle with the evil one.
Wait so the SW is happening before Ganondorf even takes over the palace?
The Knights had valiantly used their bodies as shields during the fierce attack, and although they unfortunately perished when their strength had exhausted, this had given the Sages time to complete their Seal.
Ok I see Ganon was sealed the night he got the Triforce.

3) Exactly. Ganon was sealed in the SW the night he got the Triforce. Whereas in OoT he was sealed 7 years later.

The Seal War is one of these things Nintendo messed up.
OOT was meant to be the Seal War,but then Nintendo made games like WW,and TP,which has made things more confusing.

Also the SNES instruction book for ALTTP is not canon.
NOA messed that up.

Yeah the whole Seal War is a mess,that I doubt Nintendo will ever fix.

ChargewithSword

Zelda Dungeon's Critic
The Seal War is one of these things Nintendo messed up.
OOT was meant to be the Seal War,but then Nintendo made games like WW,and TP,which has made things more confusing.

Also the SNES instruction book for ALTTP is not canon.
NOA messed that up.

Yeah the whole Seal War is a mess,that I doubt Nintendo will ever fix.

Actually he is talking about the Japanese instruction manual.

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
The Imprisoning war makes sense to be the BS of ALttP, if it is actually the events of FSA,wich makes perfect sense

Erimgard

Even Ganon loves cookies
The Imprisoning war makes sense to be the BS of ALttP, if it is actually the events of FSA,wich makes perfect sense

Let's see:

Seal War:
Ganon and a group of thieves discover the opening to the Sacred Realm "by chance"
Ganon kills all the theives
Ganon obtains the Triforce and wishes (his wish is unknown)
Evil power flows out of the Sacred Realm and surrounds Hyrule Castle
Seven Sages are ordered by the King to cast a Seal on the Sacred Realm
Knights protect them, and are wiped out
The Seal is cast

....NONE of that is in FSA.
The only thing remotely close is that there are dead Knights in FSA, but they don't have anything to do with Sages.

In FSA there are no Sages.
Ganon is not associated wtih a group of thieves.
The only seal that is cast is on the Four Sword.
The Sacred Realm is never mentioned.
The Triforce is never mentioned.

...So how exactly does FSA match up perfectly with the aLttP backstory?

Even the less specific GBA manual is nothing like FSA.

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
Let's see:

Seal War:
Ganon and a group of thieves discover the opening to the Sacred Realm "by chance"
Ganon kills all the theives
Ganon obtains the Triforce and wishes (his wish is unknown)
Evil power flows out of the Sacred Realm and surrounds Hyrule Castle
Seven Sages are ordered by the King to cast a Seal on the Sacred Realm
Knights protect them, and are wiped out
The Seal is cast

....NONE of that is in FSA.
The only thing remotely close is that there are dead Knights in FSA, but they don't have anything to do with Sages.

In FSA there are no Sages.
Ganon is not associated wtih a group of thieves.
The only seal that is cast is on the Four Sword.
The Sacred Realm is never mentioned.
The Triforce is never mentioned.

...So how exactly does FSA match up perfectly with the aLttP backstory?

Even the less specific GBA manual is nothing like FSA.

The maiden's are descendants of the sages, so, it makes sense if they are the same as in ALttP.

You can assume that, FSA is, at least in part, the BS of ALttP, as most of the events in it kinda lead to the events in ALttP

Erimgard

Even Ganon loves cookies
There's a difference between leading into a game, and being part of the games backstory.

MC clearly leads into FS/FSA it explains the origins of Vaati and the Four Sword, but it doesn't match the backstory.

Oh also, if you're using the SNES manual as reference, then the Seal War also has to be the first time Ganondorf ever transformed into Ganon. The SNES manual says the Seal War marked the "birth" of the "King of Evil".

The same is true of FSA-aLttP. FSA shares geography, buildings, the Lost Woods thieves, etc...but it doesn't match the backstory.

And while they may be descendants of the Sages, the maidens are not Sages. The re-release of aLttP still says Sages, so its Sages.

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
The SNES manual was retconned, and i don't think that FSA is a direct sequel of MC and FS.
It doesn't have nor does it need to be.

The re-release of alttp also helped to prove that OoT can't be the Imprisoning war, due to the nature of the sages

Erimgard

Even Ganon loves cookies
The SNES manual was retconned, and i don't think that FSA is a direct sequel of MC and FS.
It doesn't have nor does it need to be.

The re-release of alttp also helped to prove that OoT can't be the Imprisoning war, due to the nature of the sages

A: Again, the GBA manual is still nothing like FSA
B: Japanese text never says sages are a bloodline-position. The Sages don't have to be the same race.

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
B: Japanese text never says sages are a bloodline-position. The Sages don't have to be the same race.

Yes, but if OoT was the IW, and the maidens were descendants of said sages(like it is said through the game), there would have to be a Kokiri maiden, a Goron maiden, etc

Erimgard

Even Ganon loves cookies
The only person in all of aLttP who's stated to be a blood descendant of the Sages is Sahasrahla. The word for "descendant" used for the maidens is not strictly blood, it just means one who comes after.

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
The only person in all of aLttP who's stated to be a blood descendant of the Sages is Sahasrahla. The word for "descendant" used for the maidens is not strictly blood, it just means one who comes after.

I don't think so, and I want some back proof on that.
Also, note that, OoT lacks lots of things to be considered the Imprisoning War.

There's no army of thieves,he doesn't obtain the full triforce, etc

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom