• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler The Sand Ship

I just finished the Sand Ship last night, and I was anxious to play it since a lot of people said it was their favorite SS dungeon. Overall the dungeon was pretty easy except for trying to figure out the second engine room. I spent at least 45 minutes trying to figure out how to hit the time crystal. I knew I had to be either in the room (the one with the block that opens the two holes in the wall) or outside down by the ladder. I tried the beetle a bunch of times, and I almost wanted to look up what to do but I am determined not to use the guide. I eventually figured out the life boat, which I stood on a bunch of times but never put two and two together. Despite that one setback I had no trouble with the dungeon, though I was so happy I beat that part I forgot to get back to those four treasure chests. Overall, a decent dungeon and very good setting.

The boss on the other hand, was terrible. You go in the boss room for 5 seconds, then all these tentacles come at you. You run outside and wait for a big scary boss and a Pixar looking guy pops out and you wanna laugh. First I am Skyward Swording the tentacles since that's how you got them to move, then I figured out the arrows. The boss was insanely easy and disappointing.

So far I like the Ancient Cistern and that boss the most, followed by the Mines. I was happy there was just one big time crystal and I didn't have to roll one around the whole dungeon.

Dragoncat

Twilit wildcat: Aerofelis
Tantalus looks like it belongs in Monsters Inc lol...and thats saying something considering that I never actually watched Monsters Inc.

I had to use the walkthrough. I have this weird thing about me that if I'm not able to progress in like 5 minutes, I go find a walkthrough -_- Walkthroughs have spoiled me rotten...

Growing up I always used strategy guides, but I like a challenge now. When I beat a game then want to 100% it, I have no issue using a guide then.

It definitley wasnt my favorite dungeon, but I really did enjoy it. Mostly because of how unique it was. I also loved the idea of when the ship was flooding.

MiniMouseofPyru

The Notorious M.O.P.
The Sandship was an interesting dungeon and the design was great. I think that's why most people like it so much. In terms of difficulty and gameplay, I thought it was good, not great. The dungeon was too easy (for me) and the boss was a joke. When I battled Tentalus in the Thunder Dragons Lightening Round I just that he was a nuisance. Especially since he's such a lengthy boss.

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
Oh come on, the Sand Ship was my favorite level! How could you diss it and its boss so?

I agree that the Sandship was a pretty good dungeon. But honestly, the boss was terrible. It was easy and just a joke. I spent a few hours on the Sandship, only to spend 5 minutes on the boss!? Ridiculous.....

I remember when I first saw tentalisi thought it looked like something from monsters inc. I really liked the sandship, it was the type of dungeon that was really original with the way you had to get through it.

Tentalous reminded me of something from Monsters Inc. But then the name reminded me of Tentalous from Greek Mythology, and Homer's The Odyssey, so i began to look for connections to that..
overall, i didn't enjoy the sandship as much as others like the Ancient Cistern, but i didn't hate it as much as Lanayru Mining Facility.

N

Nero1514

when i first saw Tentalous i was in denied that a boss could look that funny but ya it remind's me of something from Monsters inc. Besides the funny looking monster i really liked the temple.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Oh I liked it! It was not my favorite and the Boss looked a bit clownesk but it was unique and fun. It took me a while to figure things out but I didn't use a walkthrough ;) I do have the feeling they could have done a bit more to it though. The midboss was fun and good

i thought it was fine. it took me a total of 20 minutes to beat on hero mode and it was a fairly medium leveled dungeon

oshi_yoshi

Skyloftian Night Patrol
Tantalus made me laugh. It looked like Sylvia fom Monsters Inc. had let herself go.
Of course, I stopped laughing when it killed the half of the deck I was standing on, but it was a very fun boss.
Finding the ship was a pain in the butt. As soon as I thought I had it, it disappeared. Once I was on it I breezed through it though:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom