• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Art The Sage's Orbs: By Raindrop14

Raindrop14

Soldier for Christ!
Here it is guys: Rated pg - pg14 for blood, violence, language.

The Sage’s Orbs

By Raindrop14

Prologue

Our story begins in a small village. In the village there was an inn, a blacksmith, a shop and three houses. The village was surrounded by forest; the entrance had a stone arch over it and one small stone tower next to each side of the arch. A path leads into the town and through it to the end, which was only about seventy feet from the entrance. The inn was to the right at the entrance of the town; the blacksmith was to the left at the entrance, the shop was next to the blacksmith, there was one house next to the inn and a house next to the shop and the last house was at the end of the town.

It was raining on this day. It was somewhat dark, as always since the trees covered the sun. Kirana sat in front of her house looking at the entrance of the town. She saw some people walk in and out of the inn, shop and blacksmith. The she saw a girl walk out of the house on the left.

The girl looked to be about fourteen years old. She had dark brown hair pulled into two French braids, emerald green eyes, a light blue tunic, tight tan pants, brown leather boots and a pendant containing a single green stone that matches her eyes.
Kirana looked at her puzzled.

I swear I’ve met or seen her before. She thought.

The girl only glanced at Kirana and went on her way to the shop. Kirana noticed a surprised look in the girl’s face. She saw the girl walk into the shop, taking a quick look at Kirana before disappearing into the building. Kirana went into her house.

It was small but she could fit. When she walked in she could see the wall about ten feet away. There was a small table with a small box on it against the wall. To her right there was a doorway and to her left was another door way. She walked to the right and was at the entrance to the room. It was a small room, about fifteen by fifteen feet. In the room she could see a stove on the wall closest to her on the right, a counter and cabinets next to the stove along the wall stretching to the end of the room, a bookshelf with dishes on it on the wall at the far left end of the room, a window in the middle of the left wall, a small square table against the left wall and a stool on each side of the table.

She walked over to the cabinets and opened one of them. She pulled out a small loaf of bread and closed it. She sat down on the table and ate her bread.

Who was that? She thought.

She went to the entrance of the other room. It was the same size as the other room. She saw her bed against the right wall, a window in the middle of the right wall, a bookshelf against the left wall closest to her, a small table next to her bed with a candle on it and a chest in the far corner of the room to her left.

She walked to her bed and lay down, looking at the window.

I have to know who she is. She thought.

She got up and went outside. She saw the girl walking back from the shop. The girl looked at Kirana as she walked to the house she came out of and went inside. Kirana went over to the house and knocked on the door. The girl opened it.

“Hello?” She asked.

“Hello, I couldn’t help but notice you were looking at me like you were surprised to see me. Can you tell me who you are?” Kirana asked.

“What’s it to you?”

“I just told you. Listen, I think I know you but I’m not sure, maybe a name will help.”

“My name is Tekara Ki. What’s yours?”

“Kirana. Do you know me?”

“Yes. Well, sort of. When I saw you I knew you but I also didn’t. If you know what I mean.”

“I guess we can’t help each other out with that then. Kirana said smiling.

“Yeah. Say, do you live in this town?”

“Yeah, I live in that house I was sitting in front of.”

“Ah. Well, I hope to see you again. Good bye”

“Bye.”

Tekara closed the door and Kirana went in her house. She lay down on her bed and started to fall asleep, thinking about Tekara and where she might have met her before.

Hope you liked it.^^

Keyari

翼のエルフ
This is good so far, I'm liking it a lot! And yay, my character already made an appearance! :D

I don't think I found any errors, but if I do, I'll PM you the edited version later. ;)

Awesome job!

Raindrop14

Soldier for Christ!
Thanks.:) But I've not been able to get on my computer with the files lately and I've had a bit of writes block. I'll be sure to have it out soon though.;)

Raindrop14

Soldier for Christ!
Finally, the moment you have all been waiting for!

Chapter one: The Next Day

Kirana woke up to the sun shining in her room. She got up and got dressed. She had long dark blue hair to her waist, red eyes, tan skin, brown boots, blue shorts, a white short sleeved shirt, a red vest and brown gloves. She looked weak and fragile; she was five and a half feet tall. She went to the kitchen and ate breakfast.

I wonder if I’ll ever truly know who she is. Maybe we just met when we were little. She could have livid here before the Rain came and then left . She winced at the thought of the Rain. I wonder if… No! Get your head together Kirana! Just go over there and ask her some questions.

She left her house and sat in front of her house. A while later she saw Tekara again, going to the shop. Kirana got up and followed her. She was in the shop and she saw Tekara talking to the shopkeeper. The shop was about thirty feet by thirty feet big. To the right were some shelves with food, dishes, and stuff like that on them, to the left was the same and in the middle of the room was the shopkeeper behind a desk. Behind the shopkeeper were some more shelves.

Tekara was talking to the shopkeeper. She held a basket in her hand. Soon she was done talking and headed for the door.

“Oh, it’s you Kirana.” She said sounding surprised.

“Yeah, it’s me. What are you doing here? I thought you came here yesterday to do your supplies shopping?”

“I forgot something yesterday.” She replied smiling. “Say, why don’t we go to your house to talk about our maybe knowing each other?”

“Why not your house?” Kirana asked smirking and with her arms folded.

“Well I just thought it’d be better if we went to a cleaner house than mine.”

“You’ve never seen my house how could you make that kind of judgment?”

“Well I assume yours is cleaner since you’re older and more responsible.”

“I see. Well here’s a tip. Don’t flatter me or complement me because that’ll get you nowhere.”

They went into Kirana’s house and sat at the table.

“So, when do you think we’ve seen each other before?” Kirana asked.

“I don’t know. Though I do know that we could try asking this girl named Keeta if she knows. She and I had the same thing a few years back and we discovered that
we’d never find out unless we went to see the wise man Koji. The law was that he could only see one person for each problem though, so since she was a better speaker she went and I went home. I’m sure she’s done talking by now; we only departed a month ago. She should be at Sovlain.”

“Sovlain eh? Well that’s a far way away but I guess we should try.”

“Yeah, but I’ve got a boat and some horses. So what do you say?”

Hmm, if I get mixed up with this girl I don’t think It’ll all be easy peasy. Though, if I don’t, I won’t ever quench my thirst for truth.

“Alright, I’ll take you up on that offer.” Kirana said smiling.

“Great! I’ll meet you at the shore tomorrow. ‘Which shore’ you ask? Well, the only one there is silly.”

Tekara left smiling. Kirana closed the door behind Tekara and went to sit down on her bed. She sat down and thought about the whole affair.

So, if I go, will there be trouble? I should probably bring my weapons anyway.

She got up and went to her chest. She opened it and pulled out a dagger.

Guess I’d better pack food for the trip.

She went into the kitchen with a bag and loaded some food in it. She went back to her room and put the bag down on the bed and sat next to it.

Koji? Who is Koji? Oh well, I guess I’ll find out soon.

She soon fell asleep on her bed and drifted off to dream land. She awoke to the sound of yelling and screaming. She quickly got up and looked out the window. It was dark and she could only see black figures moving around.

Oh no! She thought with horror.

She ran to her chest and opened it.

The dagger is gone! Oh where did I put that damn thing?

She ran around the house in search for it but had no luck. She went back to the window and looked out. She could no longer hear screaming and yelling.

Are they gone?

She heard a knock on the door. She jumped and turned around. She heard another knock, but louder. She slowly went to the door, keeping the bedside lantern with her. She heard another knock. She reached the door and stood there, blankly looking at it. Another knock came. She reached her hand to the knob when the knob started to turn. She jumped and backed away. The door swung open and she saw a dark figure. It started limping towards her. Then, it fell to the ground.

In her light she could see it was a boy. He looked to be about seventeen. He had short kind of spiky blue hair to his shoulders, blue shorts, a white short sleeved shirt, a red vest, brown gloves, brown boots, red eyes, tan skin, he was 6 feet tall and he looked strong but not muscular.

“Allen! Allen what are you doing here?”

No reply.

“Allen? Allen! Allen wake up! Please Allen! This is Kirana! Oh please Allen!”

She started to cry when he opened his eyes. He jumped up and looked around.

“Where am I? What am I doing here?” He looked turned and looked at Kirana. “Kirana!”

“Allen!”

They hugged each other and didn’t let go. Until Kirana said that he was squeezing her too much and that he would crush her. They looked at each other and smiled.

“Allen what are you doing here? I thought you were supposed to be the Keeper of Wind?”

“I am still the Keeper of Wind. To tell you the truth I don’t know why I’m here. One minute I’m fighting the Rain the next-”

“The Rain? Why would you be fighting them?”

“They just came and asked me for Mizu, but I asked why. They said to kill her and then I started fighting and woke up here. I don’t know how I got here or how I fell asleep or went whatever.”

“They were here you know.” Kirana said looking down sadly.

“Who?”

“The Rain. They came here just a minute ago. I think they knocked you out and brought you here. They knocked on my door and I opened it. I think they wanted someone to think you were dead so they would dispose of you. I don’t think they knew this was my hose though.”

“Well, if they want to play that way-”

“Allen.”

“Yes?”

“Don’t leave me. Don’t leave home again.”

“What?”

She looked up at him with tears in her eyes.

“Allen, the day you left was the worst day ever. You remember mom and dad right?”

“Yeah. Say where are they anyway?”

“The day you left was the day the Rain came.”

He looked at her with wide eyes. Tears slid down her face as she remembered the past.

“That day, dad had to go out and defend the town. After the battle mom and I went out to see dad, but he was dead.”

She started crying harder. Tears slid down Allen’s face as well.

“Mom and I had a funeral for him right there, right then. We buried him and all seemed well, when-”

She broke off falling to the floor crying her heart out. Allen kneelt to her and held her in his arms.

“It’s okay Kirana, you don’t have to remember.”

“I want you to know.”

She wiped away her tears but they still came. They stood up and she looked at him once more.

“After the battle, mom made us supper. But that night, she saw something outside. She knew that it had to be Rain and that she had to tell the others. She said that she’d only be gone a minute. Then, hours passed. She never came back. I figured that they had told her to wait in the tower since going outside was too dangerous. I waited and waited, but still she did not come. Finally, when it was light out, I went outside. I looked around and saw nothing but our peaceful town. I walked towards the towers. When I reached them I went inside. I saw mom’s dead body, at the door. The guards looked at me and told me what happened. Mom went to warn them and right after she did, the Rain killed her. They got rid of the Rain and had a funeral for her. They thought of getting me but did not want to take the risk of going outside if there were still Rain.”

She started crying hard then, and Allen caught he before she fell.

“So you’ve been living all by yourself this whole time?”

“Yes.”

“Those damn Rain! Why must they do this? Kirana, I have to go back to Mizu’s temple, or they might kill her and I can’t let that happen. Will you be alright?”
She stood there for a moment. Then, “Yes, I think I’ll be fine. But I will come to the temple someday. For now I have a mission.”

“What’s that?”

“I have to go with this Tekara person and meet with someone named Keeta.”

“Keeta? Keeta!”

“What? Do you know her or something?”

“Yes! She’s the Keeper of Life!”

“Well, I’ll be sure to say hi to her for you then.”

Kirana wiped the tears away as she forgot about her sadness.

“I’m leaving now. Good bye.” Allen said walking away.

“Good bye, Allen.” Kirana said smiling.

She watched Allen leave the town and disappear into the sea of trees. She closed the door and went to her bed and sat down.

I hope Allen is okay. She thought looking down.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I hope you liked it.^^

Keyari

翼のエルフ
Yay another chapter! Well done Raindrop, I must say you are improving more and more. Very nicely detailed and described. Great job!
~Ki

Yay another chapter! Well done Raindrop, I must say you are improving more and more. Very nicely detailed and described. Great job!
~Ki

Last edited:

Raindrop14

Soldier for Christ!
Here it is.:D

Chapter two: On their way to Sovlain

Kirana woke up and looked around her house. She saw the bag next to her bed on the floor and everything else in the room untouched. She got up, got dressed and ate. She picked up the bag and went to the door.

I should probably get my lantern.

She turned around and went over to her shelf. She looked on it for her lantern, found it and put it in her bag. She left the house and went to the arch.

Well, I guess this is good bye to my home village. I don’t think I’ll ever be coming back.

She walked along the path and into the forest. She kept walking and when she reached open area she stopped. She looked around and saw nothing but grassy plains and the path ahead of her. She started walking along the path again.

Maybe I should have gone to Tekara’s house to see if she had left yet. And if she hadn’t, I should have asked for one of her horses. Oh well, walking is good exercise.

She kept walking along the path when she heard horses. She turned around and saw Tekara on a horse and another horse beside her. Kirana moved out of the way and Tekara stopped near her. Tekara got off the horse and walked over to Kirana.

“What are you doing walking? It’s a long walk to the docks you know.”

“I know, but I thought you had already left so I just went.”

“Even if I had I would have left the horse.”

“Then why is it with you now?” Kirana asked.

“I knocked on your door and you weren’t there. I went in and you weren’t there so I assumed you left and I decided to bring the horse.”

“Alright, you win.” Kirana said smiling.

Kirana and Tekara got on the horses and rode along the path. Night came and they stopped.

“I guess these horses aren’t very fast at all. But it beats walking.” Tekara said dismounting.

Kirana dismounted her horse and they set up camp. Tekara started the fire and Kirana laid out the mats. They sat on the mats and ate some stew. When they had finished they laid down.

“Kirana.” Tekara said Getting up.

“Yes?” Kirana asked turning over and looking at her.

“Do you know the Rain?”

“What?” Kirana asked getting up, wide eyed.

“Do you know the Rain?”

“You mean like raindrops or something else?”

“I mean something else. Something that is dangerous and kills people.”

Tekara looked at Kirana with a sad face.

“Yes.” Kirana said looking down.

“You do? Good. I thought that I was going to be with someone who won’t feel the way I feel when Rain is mentioned.”

Kirana was silent.

“Kirana, Did the Rain ever attack you or someone you loved?”

“Yes.” Kirana whispered.

“They did to me as well. It was when I was very young. I have lived in that village since I was born by the way. It was in the night and I heard screaming and yelling. My mom came into my room and comforted me. I asked her where dad was and she told me he was fighting the Rain. After the noise was over she told me she had to get dad. She left me and never came back. I fell asleep crying and in the morning I had forgotten everything. I went down stairs to see mom and dad but they went there. So I went to their room and they weren’t there either. Then I went to the shop and they weren’t there either. Then I remembered that dad was a blacksmith so I went there. They weren’t there either. I looked all over town and couldn’t find them. The man in one of the towers came to me and asked where my dad was, and I told him I didn’t know.”

Kirana looked up and saw Tekara with tears sliding down her face.

“He looked at me with surprise and I didn’t know why. Today I know but then I was only five. He took me to the tower and told me about the Rain and that they could be dead. I couldn’t believe him. I didn’t want them to be dead so I went to my house and stayed there. I kept walking around the house looking for them but couldn’t find them. I had locked myself in the house for days, not eating or drinking. I heard knocks on the door but didn’t answer. Then one day I decided to answer, thinking it was mom and dad. I opened the door and saw a dark figure. It came in and I had a light in my hand. I shined it at the figure and it was Rain.”

Tekara started crying even more.

“I backed away and ran upstairs. It chased me and I went into my room. I locked the door and started crying and calling out mom and dad. The Rain knocked on my door the whole time. Soon, the noise was gone. I didn’t want to open the door for fear of the Rain. Then, I heard my name being called and thought it was mom and dad. I ran down stairs and saw the man from the tower. He asked me if I was alright and I asked him where mom and dad were. He looked at me sadly and toddle me he had found them, but dead. He told me I had to be brave and go on in life. He fed me and told me he would adopt me. When I heard that word I ran to my room. I stayed in there for a long time and when I thought he was gone I went back down. He wasn’t in the house at all so I locked all the doors and windows. And I lived off of what I had in my house. Occasionally I would leave and get food without anyone around. I had been living on my own since then.”

They were both silent. Then, “I know how you feel.” Kirana said.

“Did the same thing happen to you?”

“Yes, but differently.”

Kirana told Tekara the story she told Allen. When she had finished she lay down and tried to fall asleep. Tekara lay down as well and fell asleep.

At least I’m not alone in this world of having the Rain take someone away. Of course that has probably happened in some other part of the world but I know someone who has had it happen to them.

She fell sleep then, thinking about Allen and if he would be safe from the Rain.

This one was shorter but I hope you liked it.;)

Keyari

翼のエルフ
I see more story elements have appeared! This is definitely getting better, and more interesting. Great job again, you did very well with this, and I can't wait for more! Keep up the great work Raindrop!

~Ki

Raindrop14

Soldier for Christ!
You are all probably wondering "What!o_O Chapter three already!" But I have LOTS of spare time so I write in it. I also felt bad about not posting a chapter for like three weeks.

Chapter three: Keeta

Kirana woke up and the fire was out. She saw that Tekara was still sleeping. She rolled up her mat and loaded it on the horse and fed the horse and ate. Tekara woke up and did the same.

“So, you ready to head out?” Tekara asked Kirana.

“Yup.”

They mounted their horses and headed along the path. Hours passed and they reached the docks. Tekara dismounted and headed for a small boat on the shore. Kirana followed her and they stopped at the boat.

“Here it is.” Tekara said pointing to the boat.

“This is going to get us to Sovlain?”

Kirana looked at the small row boat.

“Yes. You’ll be surprised at what it can do.”

“Alright, if you say so.”

Kirana and Tekara got in the boat and Kirana grabbed an oar.

“Aren’t you going to help row?”

“What? Oh, no, I don’t need to.” She replied smiling.

I guess she’s not a sea person.

Kirana grabbed the other oar and shoved off. She was rowing the boat slowly when it started going fast.

“I’m not doing this!” Kirana said letting go of the oars.

The oars fell into the water and Kirana leaned over the boat.

“Now how will we move?”

The boat was still going fast.

“Oh right, the mysterious creature pushing the boat. What is that thing?”

“It’s my friend, Haru.”

“Haru? Why is he in the water?”

“He’s a fish person. He lives in the water and I befriended him. He helps me whenever I need to sail and I help him whenever he need errands done on land.”

“Oh, I see.”

Haru kept pushing the boat as the hours passed. Soon they were at the dock of Sovlain. They got out of the boat and pulled it to land. The fish boy walked over.

He was blue and had fin like feet. He had scales and a human like head with a somewhat ponytail on the back except it was attatched to his head. He also had fin like hands. He was wearing a green skirt type thing around his waist. He was six feet tall and had blue eyes.

“Now what should you owe me?” Haru asked looking at Tekara.

“Something that has to do with land I’m sure.” Tekara said smiling.

“Who’s this?” Haru asked pointing to Kirana.

“I’m Kirana, nice to meet you.” Kirana said smiling.

“Nice to meet you Kirana. So Tekara, what should you owe me? I know, how about you give me a new seashell, since you broke the last one.”

“Alright.” Tekara said giggling.

Haru went back into the water and Kirana and Tekara went into town. The town wasn’t very large but it was larger than their home village. There were shops and houses left and right, a dirt road separating the buildings, and some houses with animals in fences. People were walking along the roads going in and out of the buildings.

They walked along the road looking for a place where they might find Keeta. Tekara pointed out a bar and they went in. The bar wasn’t small but wasn’t large. To the left there was the bar with the bartender. There were tables and chairs scattered about the room and across the room a little to the right was a stair way. People were sitting at the bar and tables.

They went over to the bartender and asked if he had seen a girl with short red hair to her ears, red eyes, a red skirt going down to her knees, a white short sleeved shirt, brown boots, a dagger at her side, tan skin, 5 feet tall and thin looking.

“Why no, can’t say I have. Ya might want to look over there though, at that table.” He said pointing to a table in the corner of the room.

At the table there was someone wearing a hooded black cloak with the hood typically up, eating.

“Thank you sir.” Teakaya said.

They went over to the table and sat down.

“All alone eh?” Tekaya said looking at the person.

“What brings you here all alone at a table?” Kirana asked.

No reply. Tekara and Kirana looked at each other. They looked back at the person.

“So, Keeta, get the answer from Koji yet?”

No reply.

“Don’t ignore me! I asked you an important question!”

“She could be asleep.” Kirana said.

“Well let’s see.”

Tekara reached her hand to the hood. The person grabbed her hand and stood up, twisting it a little.

“Ow, hey that hurts!”

They let go and Tekara rubbed her arm.

“What’s wrong with you Keeta?”

The person pulled their hood down and they could see that it was not Keeta. It was a man who looked to be about nineteen with medium length black hair, blue eyes, brown boots, tan skin, an average body build and was five and a half feet tall.

“You know Keeta?” He asked.

“Yes. Why?” Tekara said.

“She is the Keeper of Life. My name is Justin Riley, I am the Keeper of Death. Why are you looking for her?”

“She is a good friend of mine and we want to talk to her about something.”

“About what? Who are you?”

“None of your business. And as for my name I am Tekara Ki. This is Kirana, my friend.”

Kirana looked at him hard.

I think I know him too. She thought.

“I see. Well, I suppose I shouldn’t be getting into other affairs which aren’t mine.”

“Say, if you’re the Keeper of Death then shouldn’t you be at the Death Temple?” Kirana asked.

“I should, but sadly there would be no point.”

“Why?”

“You see, the Sage of Death has been killed by the Rain. They came a little while ago and teleported me away or something. When I returned, she was dead.”

They all sat down.

“Doesn’t that mean-”

“I’m afraid so.”

He looked down at the table.

“Can’t we find the Death orb?” Tekara asked.

“You could but it’ll be hard to find. Plus you’ll have to find it before the Rain.”

“I think were up for the task.” Tekara said smiling.

“I will go with you since it was my fault that she died.”

“Great now we have to delay the Keeta mission.” Kirana said crossing her arms.

“Don’t worry; after we find the orb I’ll guide you to Keeta.” Justin said.

“We’ll wait at the docks for you.” Tekara said.

Tekara and Kirana left the bar and went to the docks.

“Might as well look for that seashell.” Tekara said.

They walked along the beach and looked for a nice shell. When they had found one, they called out Haru’s name. Haru came and they gave him the shell. They waited for a while and then Justin came. Kirana and Tekara got on the boat but Justin stayed on shore.

“Aren’t you coming?” Tekara asked.

“No. We can only get there by land.” Justin said.

“Okay then. Well at least I don’t have to owe Haru.”

They got off the boat and followed Justin out of the town. They saw three horses at the entrance.

“Why are these here?” Kirana asked.

“I got them so that way you two didn’t have to walk.”

They mounted the horses and rode off along the road. All around them were grassy plains leading into forest. They rode forward and didn’t stop until night came.

I hope you liked it.;)

Glad my character's introduced. :)
Great story so far, my only complaint is this in dialouge scences, you don't state the person who's talking's name enough times, witch making it kinda confusing to follow who's saying what.
Other than that, great job!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom