• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Rupee Moblins...

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
Okay so recently I've been playing the original Legend and actually I noticed something rather odd... you know those little colored pig guys that throw spears/arrows at you in the overworld? There are also secret caves with those guys and instead of trying to kill you like the overworld moblins, they give you free rupees! Yeah instead of trying to kill you, they HELP YOU OUT! This is absolutely insane in my opinion. Moblins are like Ganon's most beloved minions *cough* made in his own image *cough* and yet some of them actually help you out instead of following Ganon's orders to kill Link (or at least attempt it). My only inkling as to why they do so is because A) Ganon is a cruel leader, even to the moblins, and they got sick and switched sides or :cool: they are just Hylians in disguise as moblins to avoid Ganon.

Any other thoughts or comments on mine?

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
I've been revisiting my childhood by replaying the original LoZ, too.

I always figured that the rupee Moblins were traitors to Ganon. I figure that they'd been treated rather cruelly by him, got sick of it, and decided that if Link gets rid of him, they could go live free in woods or something - monsters though they be.

P

pepp

The ruppee moblins are yust deserted from Gannon, and pay link so he dont tell where they are hided

octorok74

TETTAC
Maybe they got so fed up with attacking people. Then they go hide in caves and wait for some brave adventurer to come by. When this person comes they decide to give them the money that they have gotten from people they have attacked.

Zelda Freak

A Freak who likes Zelda
Ganon treats all of his minions like they're nothing, so logically they would not put up with it and go into hiding, and give you Rupee's asking you not to disclose their location.

blubb

Ash Gala Wonderful!
I'd go with that theory (deserters) too. Don't they say something like "It's a secret to everyone"? One could interpret this as "I didn't want to serve Ganon any longer so I escaped into this hideout." Then they sort of bribe you with rupees, in turn you tell noone where they hide so that Ganon won't find and punish them.

43ForceGems

Quid est veritas, Claudia
Like what Blubb said, they ran away from Ganon and hope that you will keep it "a secret to everybody"

"It's a secret to everybody" <--- one of the best video game lines

Y

younglink

i think its probably a cause ganon is a pretty cruel leader (as are all evil video game bosses)

The Castellan

Going bump in the night.
I think these ones were never bad to begin with.:) They pretty much 'dodged the draft' Gannon did when assembling his warriors and some of them did not want to go and serve evil. They found some good hiding places, like the merchants, old dudes and old ladies did; and kept low. And when Link finds them, they are thrilled to see someone, a kid of all things, and gives him some of the rupees they have for him to use to buy some of his much needed power items. Also, they ask him not to reveal their hiding places, as not to suffer getting horribly massacred by the Octorocks, Armos and other Moblins. :shake:

Also, they could be Moblins in Ganon's army, but are in fact double agents, wanting to help the people of Hyrule. :suspicious:

I mean I am sure not ALL the orcs and goblins in the Lord of the Rings were evil, I'm sure there could have been a couple who did not like what the others did. :dry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom