• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Royal Family's Crest

F

FalseDestiny

Does anyone know anything about the red phoenix/eagle under the triforce of the Royal Family's crest. I have been wondering about this for a while and haven't been able to find any information on the matter. It has been on the zelda games ever since OoT and I haven't found any answers.

Does anyone know?

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
Not much is known, and I don't really think it necessarily has a meaning... the only thing I hope is that this doesn't turn in another "4th piece" thread..

F

FalseDestiny

That's not what my intention is. A friend had asked me what the phoenix stood for and I didn't have an answer for him so I wondered if anyone knew.And the phoenix is still part of the crest while they took the "fourth piece" off.

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
I know that... My best guess it is that represesnts the way the kingdom of Hyrule can be reborn after great disasters or something like that. Cause if you look carefully, it has been removed from the WW/PH design of the shield, but was left in TP

F

FalseDestiny

My friend was wondering if there was any kind of story to go along with it but so far I haven't found anything. But thanks for you input anything is helpful at this point.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
I know that... My best guess it is that represesnts the way the kingdom of Hyrule can be reborn after great disasters or something like that. Cause if you look carefully, it has been removed from the WW/PH design of the shield, but was left in TP

thats probably because Hyrule is technically forgotten in WW so why would the shield have the crest of a royal family that is long forgotten?

also, the same thing is said for why it IS in TP. Hyrule is still around in TP thus the Royal Family was still around, hence the crest on the shield.

MOS3

Agent Of Chaos
I know the mangas are not canon, but wasn't there like a bonus chapter with a bird-like race on it?.....maybe that race had a very close relation with the kingdom of Hyrule or even the Royal Family in the past, so they're "shown" in the crest....

ChargewithSword

Zelda Dungeon's Critic
Hmmm... this symbol has appear multiple times in the Zelda series, not just as the royal family crest but on the floor of deserts. This bird is a mystery at the moment, but let us see how far we can crack this egg.

I believe that this symbol could symbolize one thing so far. But this is speculation and more like a fan fiction since it lacks proper evidence.
The bird could be that of a phoenix, a creature that is known to live forever. Perhaps this is a certain form of symbolism to show that Hyrule shall live forever.

Once again this is mere speculation and should be taken as nothing more. I shall return sooner or later with more or no evidence.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
Hmmm... this symbol has appear multiple times in the Zelda series, not just as the royal family crest but on the floor of deserts. This bird is a mystery at the moment, but let us see how far we can crack this egg.

I believe that this symbol could symbolize one thing so far. But this is speculation and more like a fan fiction since it lacks proper evidence.
The bird could be that of a phoenix, a creature that is known to live forever. Perhaps this is a certain form of symbolism to show that Hyrule shall live forever.

Once again this is mere speculation and should be taken as nothing more. I shall return sooner or later with more or no evidence.

its a cute theory but likely not true seeing as how Hyrule does eventually "die" when its flooded and forgotten. i know you said that its just speculation and nothing more, but i like playing devil's advocate.

I doubt it has any real meaning. The most significance I think it could have is that it was chosen as a powerful, mysterious creature to show the Royal Family's power... or something like that.

But like I said, I don't think it really has significance. Plenty of emblems and crests actually show animals.

ChargewithSword

Zelda Dungeon's Critic
its a cute theory but likely not true seeing as how Hyrule does eventually "die" when its flooded and forgotten. i know you said that its just speculation and nothing more, but i like playing devil's advocate.

Listen Devil, although it's mere speculation I'd like to point out that your statement isn't exactly a very good example. The Hylains and the developers had no knowledge at the time about the future of Hyrule or the fact that it would be flooded. The phoenix symbol has been used for that meaning before since king's tend to be arrogant like that.

Chris

It has been awhile...
I thought I would give a picture of the red eagle on the Hylian Shield:

supersmashbrosmelee_0607_screen002.jpg

Now, I am not sure it really means anything, I think it is just there for design.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom