• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Twilight Princess The Room Where You Fight Morpheel is Rarther Odd

Link 2 the past

Slashy Slashy
First of all it's a huge circular room filled with water when you enter.
Assuming Link is a normal sized human it looks to be about 40 meters in diameter and about 60 or 70 meters high.

So there is a massive amount of water in this room. Yet when Link defeats Morpheel, he crashes into the wall and make a fairly small crack in the wall and the room drains in like 10 seconds. How can so much water get though such a small crack so quickly?

Also where is this water going? Isn't this room underground?

Then later the room apparently refills with water when you fight Zant in it.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
If you go to the Boss Chamber you know it is down. You have to sink down a long way. I think the water flows either to the main part of the Temple or perhaps in Lake Hylia itself. And why it could go through such a crack? That's because it's a game and they can make things go quicker in games you know. Suppose they would have done it slower then you'll probabloy have to wait a bit longer before you can get the fused shadow. It's just a game thing.

And the fight with Zant is something else. He takes you back in the past to places you already have been. Same situation, same tactics. Only difference is Zant is the boss now. So the situation in the former boss rooms are all the same.

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
That cutscene where Morpheel died really was not very logically thought out in my opinion, but hey, it's a fantasy game. It looked epic, that's what matters, but yeah, it left me with a big ol' question mark over my head when the water drained. I didn't actually notice the speed of the drain as something odd, but now that you mention it it was faster than what should have been possible, but that's a small detail I think. The fact that the room drained at all despite being underground and underwater...yeah, I think I'm just going to leave that at artistic license. I guess as long as the cutscene looked cool it really doesn't matter the logic behind it, right?

The Zant fight can be logically explained though. It's highly likely that Zant was just using magic to replicate the fight stages; I don't think he actually teleported us to the rooms themselves. So the room was still flooded because it's not the same room that we fought Morpheel in; it was a different room Zant magicked into existence. Besides, Yeta's bedroom should have been unfrozen at that time too and we still fought on an ice rink.

Epona

Ordon Village
Does it affect the enjoyment of the game for you? I just wonder, because things like that shouldn't matter in a game as long as you're having fun with it.

Yeah, you're asking a really silly question. Your basically asking, how can the master sword be the only sword that kills gaonodorf in twilight princess?!
Well... same concept... it's a video game.

Link 2 the past

Slashy Slashy
Does it affect the enjoyment of the game for you?

Not at all. The game is the game and the story is something completely separate IMO. If the game is awesome but the story is terrible (e.g. ST) I'm not at all bothered.

Yeah, you're asking a really silly question. Your basically asking, how can the master sword be the only sword that kills gaonodorf in twilight princess?!

I never mentioned anything about Gannondorf or the Master sword.

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
There are numerous ways that you can explain these things in what-if scenarios. The draining can be explained in that Morpheel's magic actually cause there to be more water than there actually was which means when Morpheel died, some of the water left with the body. Because we don't really know what's behind the wall, it could be any kind of tunnel, opening, or even another room where the water spilled. And Zant's magic most definitely had something to do with the room being suddenly full. But, like the ones I just said, any explanation you come up with pretty much has no proof behind it.

Austin

Austin
It's a fantasy game. Nintendo wanted the water to be out of the room at the end of the sequence and they thought that was the most practical way to do it. As for Zant, I don't think he actually took you to the original room, but created an illusion.

It's a videogame, it doesn't have to make sense. It does not matter how fast the water went out. As for where the water went, it probably went to lake Hylia, or even the sea bordering Hyrule. (Come on, Hyrule can't be the only place in the whole world. There has to be other lands). And by the way, you should go back to that room after the dungeon is done. I just reckon it is so beautiful, and makes me think about who was the architect.

TheHeroOfLime

Excelling in Mediocrity
And by the way, you should go back to that room after the dungeon is done. I just reckon it is so beautiful, and makes me think about who was the architect.

Not to be off topic but...

Wouldn't you just drop several hundred feet before inevitably breaking your legs and dying? Just wondering, I'm trying to complete the game with no deaths or fairies.

PureLocke

A Hero of Time
As to where the water goes, the water temple seems like a formerly volcanic area honeycombed by caverns, which would allow for drainage. The water draining so quickly has no natural explanation, though Morpha in OoT made a pool of water disappear/evaporate when it died.

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
Not to be off topic but...

Wouldn't you just drop several hundred feet before inevitably breaking your legs and dying? Just wondering, I'm trying to complete the game with no deaths or fairies.

No you wouldn't. I've been back to the room, when the water drained it left a trench in the middle of the room. When Link falls in that hole, he does fall a long way but he lands in water so no damage is done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom