• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

WW-Wii U The Rito Tribe Were Zoras? Why?

Akuhime-sama

What's Life Without Adult Humor?
Okay, I forget where I heard it, (or was it in the game?), but I heard that the Rito were once Zoras.
Well, anyway, I recently started a new Wind Waker file, (JP copy) While my friend played the USA release.
(We're playing together, and she hasn't played before)

Well, when we went to go get the Earth God's Lyric, I was telling her about Laruto being a Zora and that I heard the Rito tribe were Zoras once.
After that, she was confused and said, "WAIT.... Hyrule becomes FLOODED, and the ZORAS TURN INTO BIRDS!? WHAT!?" xD

She brings up an interesting point. Why would the Zoras become birds, if they could just swim everywhere?

Anyway, I'd like to hear any thoughts on it.

The Real Life answer: Nintendo wanted a bird race for the Wind Waker and they decided turn the existing Zora race into the Ritos for continuity reference.

The answer in-game is mostly likely to hide the existance of Hyrule. Hyrule is sealed under the sea and if Zoras still swim in the waters, they might reveal it's existence to the entire world and it may provide unnecessary commotions and perhaps panic among the population about this discovery. The peaceful life of the Great Sea would never be the same if they found a kingdom of their old folklore right under their feet and the Goddesses don't want that to happen.

Not to mention that unlike the Zora River, the Great Sea is filled with monsters like Giant Octorocks and Gyorgs that will attack anything that moves. Flying over them is far more safer than swimming in shark-infested waters.

Akuhime-sama

The real answer is that Hyrule is sealed under the sea and if Zoras to swim in the waters, they might reveal it's existence to the entire world and it may provide unnecessary commotions and perhaps panic among the population about this discovery. The peaceful life of the Great Sea would never be the same if they found a kingdom of their old folklore right under their feet and the Goddesses don't want. Not to mention that unlike the Zora River, the Great Sea is filled with monsters like Giant Octorocks and Gyorgs that will attack anything that moves. Flying over them is far more safer than swimming in shark-infested waters.

Ah, okay. Haha, I didn't think about that. >.>

There is a thread that explains all of this haha.
Really? xD
I'm interested. Direct me there?

Last edited:

Akuhime-sama

@bspurka: Ah, why thank you. :3

Oh, and I personally like the Majora's Mask solution. xD

Perhaps when the Postman left Termina at the end of Majoras Mask, he found a nice Zora girl and got busy. He then taught their children the importance of delivering the mail. The Zora then grew accustomed to mail delivery, and after Hyrule was flooded, they had no way of delivering from island to island. That's when they started getting scales from Valoo so that they could fly to the islands to deliver the mail.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom