• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Rings of Power

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Has anyone been watching The Rings of Power? I am all up to date and am enjoying the show so far. I believe it has the highest budget of any TV show yet and I can tell as it is a gorgeous series, probably the most visually stunning I have seen. The soundtrack is very good, overall not as good as the iconic pieces from the original trilogy but definitely some good pieces in there this far.

Casting is very good and for roles that we have already seen portrayed in the original movies they have clearly selected actors that could realistically age into their counterparts from those. I think the best I have seen so far is Gil-galad as it actually looks like the same guy who appeared briefly in Fellowship.

I think pacing is really my gripe with the show. For the first two or three episodes I did not have this problem but for episodes 4 and 5 things are definitely quite slow moving and I would rather they released the whole thing for us to binge as waiting a week for only minor plot developments seems a bit much.

Anyway feel free to share your thoughts on the series if you have seen it.

Mikey the Moblin

sushi is a suspicious hello
I actually quite liked galadriel, she's a promising character and I like that she has that internal conflict of "the stars reflection being just as bright"
I can understand her being disliked though because she is very stubborn

As someone who doesn't like Lord of the rings it isn't as interesting as it seems to be for people who are really into the mythos
Even though it isn't faithful to the source material it still should be enjoyable for those folks

Reactions: Dio

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I finished the series yesterday and despite a few slow episodes I actually enjoyed The Rings of Power a lot overall. I think they wrapped it up very well and ended it on a satisfying note yet leaving enough intrigue to continue the story for future seasons.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom