• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda Art The Return of the Music Community Competition

David

But you called me here...
As per request from several users, and because of the Zelda Dungeon Grammys, I am reopening the MCC and resuming my place as the Community Competitions Coordinator (as I sort of was before). I apologize for the long wait, but there wasn't much interest in them a few months ago.

The rules are contained in the Community Competitions Rules Thread, but I will post them here since it has been so long.

General Rules

1. No recycled work. -Entries for the competitions must be created within the period of time that is set. For example, if the due date is February 1st, you have from the time that the new thread is created until the due date to make and submit your entries.

2. Must be original work. -Any and all entries must be original and must be made by the person that enters them. For example, you cannot take someone's signature and enter it into the GCC. That is cheating and is not allowed.

3. Get your entries in by the due date. -All entries must be received by the due date and time that the host of the competition posts. Any entries received after the deadline may or may not be posted in the new thread.

4. Follow the subject or theme. -All entries must follow the theme presented by the host. If you don't like the theme, or have a suggestion, make a note of it in your reply to the thread (after some feedback, of course). Or, if you want it to be private, send us a PM.

5. Submit your entries as a PM to the host. -All entries must be received as a PM (or in a rare case, an email). This will protect the privacy of those that enter the competition, and will keep people from seeing the entries before the time has come.

6. Have fun and don't be depressed if you lose. -If you lose, take the advice given in the thread an continue to improve your work. If you do that, you will have a better chance of winning in the next round. And, just have fun with it.

The Music Community Competition
(specific to this competition only.)

1. All general rules apply. -That's why I made a general rules section.

2. Entries must be submitted through a site like YouTube. -Since the music is not always visual, uploading the entry to YouTube would work the best. But, if you know of another site that you want to upload it to, you may upload it there.

3. Entries may follow any medium. -Since most people don't have an amazing computer program to make the music, it can be done with any program, or camera, or microphone. They may be electronic remixes, orchestral remixes, singing, the originals on an instrument, or whatever. As long as you do it, you can do whatever you wish.

4. Entries may not be original soundtracks or remixed soundtracks made by people like ZREO. -Using these for entries not is not only cheating, but it could also be a copyright infringement. Claiming other's work as your own is illegal.

5. Post feedback. -Everyone loves to receive feedback on their work. Feedback can really improve the art and entries in the future.

So, those are the rules. Now that you are familiar with them, lets get to the theme.

The Theme for the next 2 weeks, to celebrate its release, is:

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

The due date will be at about June 29, 2011 at any time that day. (so, if you get it to me before I post the thread, I'll take it.)

Yes, I know that I said 2 weeks. Seeing as how composing a new song can be extremely time consuming, I will be extending the creating period to 2 weeks. That'll give people plenty of time to come up with an amazing song, worthy of being the Music Community Competition Champion!

So, get out there and write some music! You may leave comments in this thread on how awesome this theme is, or on future suggestions, or on how you will participate, or whatever else. If you have any questions, feel free to contact me in either this thread (as I'll be watching it) or in a private way, such as Skype or a PM. Thanks guys! I'm excited to see what you guys come up with!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom