• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Return of the Moblin

They were nearly in Twilight Princess

MoblinTP.jpg

And I would love to see their return, along with the Darknuts, Skulltulas, ReDeads, Lizalfos, and Wizzrobes.

What enemies would you like to see return in Skyward Sword?

Jedizora

:right:
I want the octorocks. Not the sea octorocks, like they where in Loz, and not octopus like they where in the concept art of LoZ, but I want land octorocks. There have never been land octorocks in any zelda game. We nearly got them with OoT, as seen here, but they were removed. We do have the deku shrub like ones, that spit rocks, and hide in flower pits, but why not klte deku scrubs do that?I would also love to see moblins, and I'm sure that they would be fun to play against.

Djinn

and Tonic
The Bokoblins we have seen so far do look a lot like the old style moblins. They have that bulldog look to them. For moblins to be the bigger enemies they might have to be huge in SS. I would like to see them again, although I believe they should appear in every Zelda title. They have just as much history as Link or Ganon going all the back to the first game.

But I do like the Bullbins and hope they appear again. They were Hyrule's answer to orcs, plus they were slightly more than just some random minion monsters for Link to fight. They appeared to be another tribe of Hyrule. And were not quite evil or good, nor were they totally loyal to Ganondorf or Zant.

Mr.Verto

爆発物マネージャ
Yeah it would be great if we see Moblins back along with some classic enemies like the Octoroks or ReDeads...

They have a lot of history and Zelda and can make the game feel nostalgic to old players, not to mention how today graphics can make them look pretty neat.

I wouldn't have a complaint about it. I agree with Djinn that the Bulblins were a great addition though - they had a story to them instead of just being randomly bad - and I would like to see more of that.

O

OceanicTempus

I'd like to see like...OLDER enemies return...like Lynel, Goriya, and Snapdragons. I know snapdragons were exclusive to the Dark World in ALttP... It'd probably be crazy to fight a giant one as a boss...or a high ranking enemy like Stalfos or Darknuts.

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
I want to see a variety of enemies return, and have a new feel to them so that they require a bit harder method of defeating them. Bringing back Moblins is a good idea, and I would like to see some new ones also.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Iron Knuckles. I loved those enemies. Not only did they deal immense damage (something like 4 or 8 hearts without bordered hearts), but they were fast (in MM). I would also like Dodongos, they were a good fight in Majora's Mask to me.

zeldakid895

Zelda's Kid
I think bringing back enemies will do good for the game, but I think they shouldn't only stick to old enemies, but new ones also.

Djinn

and Tonic
While we are talking about other enemies that we wish would return, I think we have gone far too long without the Lynel.

BlueLynelLoZArt.png
Lynel_Artwork.png

The most fearsome predator found in the overworld with sword skills rivaling Link. They were the scariest enemies to bumo into outside of a labrynth only found in the most remote locations. They were the monsters at the edge of the map. Plus I loved how the official artwork gave them a very Greco Roman look with the tower shields and Greek style swords. Enemies with a cultural style of their own provide so many possibilities. They could be a tribe of Hyrule as well living on the fringes of civilization. But I always like it when an enemy can be so much more than just a bad guy worth killing.

While we are talking about other enemies that we wish would return, I think we have gone far too long without the Lynel.

BlueLynelLoZArt.png
Lynel_Artwork.png

The most fearsome predator found in the overworld with sword skills rivaling Link. They were the scariest enemies to bumo into outside of a labrynth only found in the most remote locations. They were the monsters at the edge of the map. Plus I loved how the official artwork gave them a very Greco Roman look with the tower shields and Greek style swords. Enemies with a cultural style of their own provide so many possibilities. They could be a tribe of Hyrule as well living on the fringes of civilization. But I always like it when an enemy can be so much more than just a bad guy worth killing.

Obviously with an overhaul to bring such an enemy into the new generation. I'd love to see a new, threatening version of the Like Like as well, and maybe the return of the traditional Redead (I didn't like the Redead Warrior in TP as much).

@jedizora: I'm assuming the Deku Scrub/Octorok enemies from the demo area were designed the way they were as a sort of throwback to both enemies, but designed to be fought primarily with your shield. Of course, I'm pretty sure you can use your projectiles against them, too.

Also, on the subject of classic enemies: we saw Zols and Gels in the SS demo (the red blob-like enemy). Yeah, many people (including me) reported them as ChuChus but if you watch the demo footage closely when they're hit they split off into two smaller Gels that latch onto you just like in the first game. So I'm thinking we'll probably see more classic enemies...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom